Kraton Kraton EXB RPM Rear Skid Plate Screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct, the new plate comes with new screws

Hey All,
I have a V5 Kraton. Ordered the RPM rear skid, it did come with the hardware. However, it did not fit with the bump underneath the chassis. The cut-out within the skid seems to be a V4 fit I’m assuming, but it doesn’t align with the bump in the V5/EXB chassis from my experience. Is modification (e.g. little grinding with the Dremel) necessary? Or am I missing something? Thx!

Hey All,
I have a V5 Kraton. Ordered the RPM rear skid, it did come with the hardware. However, it did not fit with the bump underneath the chassis. The cut-out within the skid seems to be a V4 fit I’m assuming, but it doesn’t align with the bump in the V5/EXB chassis from my experience. Is modification (e.g. little grinding with the Dremel) necessary? Or am I missing something? Thx!
Mine was a direct fit on my EXB

if you read the description it kind of tells you :D
"The leading edge of our skid plate has been rolled to a thin edge to reduce the likelihood of it catching while the rear is a full 4mm thick for a long-lasting skid plate built to handle some serious punishment!"
the existing chassis is 3mm thick and c/s tends to be almost the depth of the material.. so a good guess wold be 3-4mm :p

Hey All,
I find it weird that some say it does fit and others no way. :unsure:
And some just Dremel them out a bit.
But there is a difference between the V4 chassis and the V5/EXB ( V5/EXB have same size diff notching/bulge at the bottom)
And the RPM stuff is for V4's. They have not updated them for the V5/EXB chassis. ( Bumpers and skid plates) Yet at least.

I find it weird that some say it does fit and others no way. :unsure:
And some just Dremel them out a bit.
But there is a difference between the V4 chassis and the V5/EXB ( V5/EXB have same size diff notching/bulge at the bottom)
And the RPM stuff is for V4's. They have not updated them for the V5/EXB chassis. ( Bumpers and skid plates) Yet at least.
Thank u SrC! Just pulled this off RPM’s website (guess I’m not crazy after all!): https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...or-arrma-durango-8th-and-10th-scale-vehicles/

“Version Notes: V5 & EXB owners, our skid plate is not compatible with your vehicle.”

Thank u SrC! Just pulled this off RPM’s website (guess I’m not crazy after all!): https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...or-arrma-durango-8th-and-10th-scale-vehicles/

“Version Notes: V5 & EXB owners, our skid plate is not compatible with your vehicle.”
I’m gonna have to whip mine off later and check, but I can’t see any reason why they say it won’t fit the EXB. As far as I’m aware the chassis is perfectly flat at the back and the skid plate just sat in place perfectly. All screws nipped up fine. This video shows what I mean:

^^^ So it appears the RTR V5 chassis wont fit (n), but the EXB roller chassis it will fit. (y)According to the video.:unsure: Pretty straight forward.
Weird. RPM said no for both. 🤷‍♂️

Did look at these but as I don’t have either of the below, it was a no go for me:

“These skid plates are designed to work with the M2C RACING CHASSIS They WILL NOT WORK ON THE STOCK CHASSIS without the T bone bumper.”

Did look at these but as I don’t have either of the below, it was a no go for me:

“These skid plates are designed to work with the M2C RACING CHASSIS They WILL NOT WORK ON THE STOCK CHASSIS without the T bone bumper.”
It works for the EXB and m2c chassis. Not for V5.

Just dremel it out and it will be fine. Skid plates never last long, neither metal nor plastic, they are skid plates for a reason. Just make sure they are flush in the front.
If you run on grass they last about a good season, if you are on concrete (skatepark) nothing will hold for very long.

Hey All,

The EXB chassis is flat and doesn’t have a bump. I have only put the RPM front bumper and skid on the rear of the Kraton EXB but it fit perfectly with the supplied screws. I have the same bumper/skid on the front of my V4 Notorious and it fits. I know when I took the EXB bumper and skid off to service the diff I noticed the skid has the bump for the diff but the EXB chassis is flat in the front as well. The bump is there to retrofit older trucks.

Pictures? Maybe a little dremel work? I have the RPM rear skid on the back of my V4 Notorious but I don’t have a V5 chassis to check it against, only the Kraton EXB and it’s flat. Not a great pic, but zoom in and you can see it’s flat at the back of the chassis.

3E91AB52-930D-417F-8A2D-75AB1D430DF4.jpeg

Back