Kraton EXB Scorched Parts Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derpescado

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I bought a Scorched Parts titanium chassis for my Kraton EXB. After I replaced my original chassis I noticed that the rear arms hit the chassis at parallel to the ground and that the chassis is not hitting the droop screws anymore.

Does anyone has such a chassis and can confirm that it has to be that way? I contacted Scorched Parts but the told me it's normal, but for me it feels weird.

Any help is super appreciated.

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

I contacted Scorched Parts but the told me it's normal, but for me it feels weird.

The tabs on the Scorched chassis must still be the shape of the V4 chassis, the newer trucks V5 and EXB all use the EXB style arm now and they will rub in the wrong place on the chassis and will have issues.
I have a Mojavefied custom build it runs Mojave EXB arms and a V4 style chassis, I had to file the tabs smaller so the arms didn't rub and the droop screws worked correctly..

IMG_5091 copy.jpeg
IMG_5109 copy.jpeg

That chassis was most likely designed for the Kraton V4 arms. The EXB 7075 chassis ears have a slightly different shape because Arrma updated the rear suspension geometry. If you stack both of your chassis' on top of each other you'll see the difference

He shouldn't have told you that it's normal, although it's not such an issue as that you can't run it as it is. It just means that it has a permanently fixed droop. Not really ideal IMO. I would either do what @BashingBrian has done above and trim it, or send it back

Last edited:
Thank you @BashingBrian and @Yas . I'm now a bit disappointed since I asked them before ordering if it will fit the EXB. If I send it back I'll lose the import tax (~ 50 CHF) I paid :(

Bummer.
Scorched RC does not care. In it for the money. Picture M2C Racing treating a customer like that.:rolleyes: Not.
The guy at the other end was either a dummy, or was playing dumb. Take your pick. 🤷‍♂️
Work with it. That's all.

Just shooting your mouth off much? In it for the money? That’s a joke! Some makers do seem to be, but anyone who actually see’s what i do and how I’ll look after customers will tell you different. There are better way to make money than innovating new Arrma products (just ask those who copy my designs!) I do it because its fun!
In this particular case, I think this is the second or third time this chassis has been fitted to EXB. I’ve not personally fitted one, but i know they’ve been fitted (without problem as far as I knew). Hence my advice to Philip.
Philip highlighted the problem to me and we’re working it out.
My advice was this, once the droop screws are correctly adjusted, the arms will not sag down and touch the chassis anyway. I’ve always run my kraton with droop screws adjusted so the arms are horizontal. This helps prevent shaft pop-out and breaking of the lower suspension eye. I was unsure if the same setup was applicable to EXB, so i suggested Philip check on the forum. Unfortunately this wasn’t quite the question he asked, and it looks to me like he got answers going from ill informed to stupid.
For your info, I always look after my customers, and in cases like Philip, he’ll get my full support.

Bummer.
Scorched RC does not care. In it for the money. Picture M2C Racing treating a customer like that.:rolleyes: Not.
The guy at the other end was either a dummy, or was playing dumb. Take your pick. 🤷‍♂️
Work with it. That's all.
Src that's is not true at all. I can vouch for David he's very helpful and definitely gives a poop. Your talking crap

I agree, david writes back super fast and is always helpful. My intention in opening this thread was just to find out what I should do and not to blame anyone. I'm super thankful for the replay's so far. I guess I will either run it as it is, modify it myself or sell the chassis and get a M2C.

Just shooting your mouth off much? In it for the money? That’s a joke! Some makers do seem to be, but anyone who actually see’s what i do and how I’ll look after customers will tell you different. There are better way to make money than innovating new Arrma products (just ask those who copy my designs!) I do it because its fun!
In this particular case, I think this is the second or third time this chassis has been fitted to EXB. I’ve not personally fitted one, but i know they’ve been fitted (without problem as far as I knew). Hence my advice to Philip.
My advice was this, once the droop screws are correctly adjusted, the arms will not sag down and touch the chassis anyway. I’ve always run my kraton with droop screws adjusted so the arms are horizontal. This helps prevent shaft pop-out and breaking of the lower suspension eye. I was unsure if the same setup was applicable to EXB, so i suggested Philip check on the forum. Unfortunately this wasn’t quite the question he asked, and it looks to me like he got answers going from ill informed to stupid.
For your info, I always look after my customers, and in cases like Philip, he’ll get my full support.
I've seen the same David. Set the droop is not a problem. It's funny how some people want to run down your stuff. I've used it from the start and not one piece has let me down. Your right about people copying as well but they even do that correctly. I have 1st hand experience with this. Thanks for all you have done, those chassis are a game changer, they are the only chassis I've used that does not get damaged by the beach at all. Amazing it really is 👍

Reubydoobe is spot on.
He's organising events in the UK for arrma guy's to meet up and have fun. Do M2c do that 🙄 you break there stuff in the UK and your in same boat but we don't all go around bad mouthing Mitch. In fact it's got better now because Badtouch will cover the warranty on M2c breaks. Like I said before I've never had a to replace one of David's parts that speaks volumes for his products and the quality.
Why doesn't someone in the states do what Badtouch does with M2c. Having a scorched dealer would be good for all the Americans.

I have a lot of Scorched Parts gear on a few of my cars - a chassis, fenders and CF parts to name a few. I'm happy with all of it as it's all machined accurately and the materials are decent. I've only had one of their dual BB fans burn out on me (ground wire became unsoldered and blackened) and the Felony chassis infills bulge out a bit, but that's it

Considering the chassis does have different measurements on the ears/tabs I would have wanted clarification if the EXB arms would fit and not bind. If I hadn't known the V4 and EXB arms were different, I wouldn't have thought to ask. I prefer to have max droop on some cars (near the total shock length) for more ground clearance but I don't think @derpescado can achieve that as it is

Should explain to customers better, having issues with the droop screws with your chassis and all. Stay more up to date.
That's how I see it, that's how I call it.🤷‍♂️
I have some of your products. It could be much better, from where I am sitting. Take some tips from your competition. That's also how I call it.
Have your say for everyone else here. Damage control and all. Your attitude simply backs up my assertion.
And I don't retract my earlier opinion!
You don't impress me with your comment above.
By all means enjoy your opinion.....;)

(The droop screw issue cannot be solved it it doesn't line up. Period. Been there. EXB arms have a different Offset. Fact.)

Whilst i understand these are expensive parts and can't express enough this is only my opinion but... is that such a huge deal?
From pics that is minimal at best and again my opinion I would just make it fit, not worth getting in a flap over.

Whilst i understand these are expensive parts and can't express enough this is only my opinion but... is that such a huge deal?
From pics that is minimal at best and again my opinion I would just make it fit, not worth getting in a flap over.
It's not that much of an issue, considering that it's a bashing RC. I guess it depends on whether it's fit for the consumer and if they're satisfied with it or not. He shouldn't have been told it'll fit then find out that it binds. I guess some people might not care. If it was me though, you best believe if I spend £130 on model car parts, it better fit perfectly!

It's not that much of an issue, considering that it's a bashing RC. I guess it depends on whether it's fit for the consumer and if they're satisfied with it or not. He shouldn't have been told it'll fit then find out that it binds. I guess some people might not care. If it was me though, you best believe if I spend £130 on model car parts, it better fit perfectly!
Agreed, as I said, just my opinion, everyone is different, not that big of a deal to me🤷‍♂️

Should explain to customers better, having issues with the droop screws with your chassis and all. Stay more up to date.
That's how I see it, that's how I call it.🤷‍♂️
I have some of your products. It could be much better, from where I am sitting. Take some tips from your competition. That's also how I call it.
Have your say for everyone else here. Damage control and all. Your attitude simply backs up my assertion.
And I don't retract my earlier opinion!
You don't impress me with your comment above.
By all means enjoy your opinion.....;)

(The droop screw issue cannot be solved it it doesn't line up. Period. Been there. EXB arms have a different Offset. Fact.)
What do you make? Put up or shut let's see if its any good and see other people have to say about it. Your attitude is far worse than David's, it always has been. You lord it around here lots. So what do you produce??

Screenshot_20210318_163743.jpg

What do you make? Put up or shut let's see if its any good and see other people have to say about it. Your attitude is far worse than David's, it always has been. You lord it around here lots. So what do you produce??

View attachment 133077
I PM'ed you, regarding Your Boy David...... (n)

You can't make apples out of oranges. The droop ears don't line up. Period. To drop your arms down( more ride height) to compensate for the narrowed droop ears when using EXB arms is simply wrong. Not Normal.
And I gather some here don't even know why droop is important in the first place on these specific bashers. They should be adjusted to prevent less droop and prevent shock damage. This can't be accomplished well enough using a pre EXB designed chassis. To drop the arms significantly on this Scorched chassis to avoid droop screw misalignment is incorrect.
And just why is M2C and Mitch mentioned here at all in this thread? He is not the topic of this thread. That is just muddying the waters. And I won't go there.(n)
Scorched RC is the topic of @derpescado, his thread.. 🤷‍♂️
I am not loyal to any brand. I call it how it how I see it. Only my opinion given to the OP here.
OP stated David said improper droop ears of his chassis is acceptable with EXB arms and is "Normal". Normal for who? Not me. I say it is not.
And I wouldn't accept that from any Mfr.
In this case Scorched RC.
I highly suggest that David start updating his Chassis to conform to current Arrma chassis Specs.
Want to make this a pissing contest? Knock yourselves out.;)
I will keep with the product and facts in regard.
I am not alone here.
And, I will say this once again, that I have spent significant $$$ with David. FWIW.
:cool:

Back