Kraton EXB Scorched Parts Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derpescado

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I bought a Scorched Parts titanium chassis for my Kraton EXB. After I replaced my original chassis I noticed that the rear arms hit the chassis at parallel to the ground and that the chassis is not hitting the droop screws anymore.

Does anyone has such a chassis and can confirm that it has to be that way? I contacted Scorched Parts but the told me it's normal, but for me it feels weird.

Any help is super appreciated.

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

I PM'ed you, regarding Your Boy David...... (n)
No response.
I guess you are all in with your boy there. No Problem.

Before this thread, I was indifferent to Scorched products, either way.
Now I have the best reason to never spend another quid on Scorched Parts again. No loss here.
Nor will I ever recommend David and his brand to anyone else.

I have only had one interaction with David/Scorched RC and it went well IMO. I ordered a set of spools for my Infraction after Raz suggested them and at the time David warned me that some drag guys were breaking them. He wanted to offer me a refund or have me wait until he could get to the bottom of the QC issue. He was proactive about it. I assured him that since I wasn’t doing drag, just speed runs that I was OK taking the risk. He shipped the order immediately.

That’s not enough for me to completely vouch for him, but I will give him the credit deserved from my interaction. 👍🏻

To make a chassis wrong then tell a customer it's normal is not right any way you look at it. And David looks like a child with his first response to @SrC . Not professional at all. The droop screws not lineing up will not only cause issues with setting the droop but will cause wear in a spot not designed for it. Scorched fell flat on their face with this one. And I'll keep an eye on David and how he further responds to this, wether it be professional or act like a pissed off school girl. Not sure on scorched after this thread that's for sure. He could of responded better but decided to puff his chest and get all pissy.

And to say people are copying your parts? Lmfao what do you think you do David? Copied arrmas parts and just made them out of a new metal. Not rocket science..... Basically took a pencil and traced on titanium cut it out and called it your own. Jbi and M2c actually design their parts not trace arrma parts. Peace.

Description says it wont fit exb unless modification is made, is that new?

^^^You be the judge and tell me.
That Scorched RC Ti Chassis is a V4 copied chassis. Is what it is.
Regardless. What "modification" do you propose? Anyone?
I am still waiting for an answer.
No one can tell me a mod that will work.
Because there is nothing you can do. 🤷‍♂️ V5/EXB Arms don't play nice with V4 chassis. Sorry. Droop ears are different for both.
No getting around it.:cool:

How about @Dbx, David does the supposed mod/fix before he sells them, based on a customers needs. Then we wouldn't need a crazy thread like this one in the first place. If the mod is even adequate.
At his prices, I think that's more than fair.;)

Pish. A wee skosh of filing at the forward edge of the 'ears' sorts the shape of the V4 to take the later arms. Gets around it just fine, BashingBrian showed how early on in the thread on a M2c chassis.
So let me get this straight after spending a 149 pounds (at exchange thats 258 cad) before tax and shipping that I'm supposed to take a friken file to it to make it work? That's a hard pass for me. Copy the exb chassis like he did all his parts and trace em on some titanium with his trusty pencil cut em out and sell a proper chassis. Don't sell one that doesn't work and when the customer ask you about tell him "it's normal". Nothing is normal about fileing a 300 dollar chassis to "make it work".

Fair dos, yet yer happy spending thousands on 'ready to run' kit that pretty much always needs some work out the box aye?
Chinny reckon.
The thing is even if you "file" it to clear the arms the droop screw still doesn't line up. It should advertise "THIS CHASSIS DOESN"T WORK WITH EXB" not won't work unless you mod it. even if you "mod" a 300 dollar chassis it still doesn't work right. That droop screw will just wear more on the edge that hits the ears. All he needs to do is trace out the exb chassis like he did the rest of his parts and sell the proper part. Instead of David saying "Hey we know this doesn't work we are looking to resolve the issue and release a new chassis sorry for any inconvenience" he chose to explode on SrC tell his customer "it's normal" and dodge the problem entirely then go and say people copy his parts? His whole business is made off of copying Arrmas parts so whats the difference? I'm staying far away from scorched parts. His attitude today showed to me as a person what he can be and I don't support people like that.

@SrC

I wasn't personally attacking anyone and certainly have better things to do than getting into a "pissing contest" with you or anybody else on this forum over rc cars!!.

I'm currently in an identical situation to @BashingBrian with his post above, this weekend I'm about to file the ears on a £130 chassis to make it work.

whilst I completely understand op's situation maybe different to mine and that is why I stated "my opinion".

Peace.

@Reubydoobe ^^^Yeah, I did put up and you and your boy shut up real fast I see. He certainly disappeared fast. Thinking you would clean up his mess.

Last edited:
Back