Kraton EXB Scorched Parts Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derpescado

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I bought a Scorched Parts titanium chassis for my Kraton EXB. After I replaced my original chassis I noticed that the rear arms hit the chassis at parallel to the ground and that the chassis is not hitting the droop screws anymore.

Does anyone has such a chassis and can confirm that it has to be that way? I contacted Scorched Parts but the told me it's normal, but for me it feels weird.

Any help is super appreciated.

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

Bummer.
Scorched RC does not care. In it for the money. Picture M2C Racing treating a customer like that.:rolleyes: Not.
The guy at the other end was either a dummy, or was playing dumb. Take your pick. 🤷‍♂️
Work with it. That's all.
It took Mitch about 3 days to tell me to pound sand on my center diff cup that was made wrong. So I don't have to imagine.

^^^ Pounding sand sucks. Even with M2c. Spent much with M2C also. I been lucky so far. One email ever made regarding a question on shock towers was answered well enough for me.
Can happen with any brand. That's why I am not brand loyal to anyone.
I usually make that clear.

A little off topic but is "scorched rc" the guy who makes the inner fenders for the Infraction? Thanks.

To drop your arms down( more ride height) to compensate for the narrowed droop ears when using EXB arms is simply wrong. Not Normal.

You are obviously confused and didn't understand the original problem. The issue with the larger V4 type ear means you would need to run less droop, not more. But thanks for your input.
I've long since run my V4 Kraton with droop set so arms are roughly horizontal. This is the setting you often see advised since it protects the shock ends - and it works. With the arms set this way, there is no problem with V4 chassis profile and EXB arms.

Arrma themselves list EXB arms as compatible with V4 chassis.

There will be an updated V5 range of Scorched Titanium Chassis coming through before too long. As many people will know, I have rarely made the chassis in the past because they're hard work to make and not very profitable. I've been trialing a new process for titanium chassis and towers that should make big them much easier to make, so look out for them not being 'out of stock' all the time - oh, and completely V5 / EXB compatible, obviously.

Finally, as was always going to happen, I've worked out a solution with the OP that he's completely happy with. He didn't want to run less droop, so I'll re-machine the chassis to take off the couple of mm in question. If I tell a customer he is getting something, that is what he gets. The only person not happy here is SrC. Makes me glad I'm an infrequent visitor to the forum.

Will a v5 chassis have any problems with v4 arms?

Will a v5 chassis have any problems with v4 arms?
The position for the V4 droop screws are awfy close to the edge on the v5 chassis JayP, found this out by reshaping a v4 for v5 arms then going back to v4 arms! Works with decent droop screws tho, the stock ones are well janky anyway!

_20210203_202310.JPG

_20210320_160408.JPG

You are obviously confused and didn't understand the original problem. The issue with the larger V4 type ear means you would need to run less droop, not more. But thanks for your input.
I've long since run my V4 Kraton with droop set so arms are roughly horizontal. This is the setting you often see advised since it protects the shock ends - and it works. With the arms set this way, there is no problem with V4 chassis profile and EXB arms.

There will be an updated V5 range of Scorched Titanium Chassis coming through before too long. As many people will know, I have rarely made the chassis in the past because they're hard work to make and not very profitable. I've been trialing a new process for titanium chassis and towers that should make big them much easier to make, so look out for them not being 'out of stock' all the time - oh, and completely V5 / EXB compatible, obviously.

Finally, as was always going to happen, I've worked out a solution with the OP that he's completely happy with. He didn't want to run less droop, so I'll re-machine the chassis to take off the couple of mm in question. If I tell a customer he is getting something, that is what he gets. The only person not happy here is SrC. Makes me glad I'm an infrequent visitor to the forum.
United States dealer anytime soon?

I deleted it put up or shut
You just need to stop period you were just on here trying to sell me a kraton for 300 bucks using RC SPARKS pictures. YOUR NOT RELAVENT
@Reubydoobe ^^^Yeah, I did put up and you and your boy shut up real fast I see. He certainly disappeared fast. Thinking you would clean up his mess.
This guy isn’t even worthy of this forum. He tried selling a kraton on here using RC SPARKS pictures.
Src that's is not true at all. I can vouch for David he's very helpful and definitely gives a poop. Your talking crap
You should stop messaging anyone on here. Your a cheat. Tried selling a kraton dirt cheap using RC SPARKS pictures. Ppl like you shouldn’t be allowed on here

Last edited:

how long for v5 chassis will have one of those of you

You just need to stop period you were just on here trying to sell me a kraton for 300 bucks using RC SPARKS pictures. YOUR NOT RELAVENT

This guy isn’t even worthy of this forum. He tried selling a kraton on here using RC SPARKS pictures.

You should stop messaging anyone on here. Your a cheat. Tried selling a kraton dirt cheap using RC SPARKS pictures. Ppl like you shouldn’t be allowed on here
His account was hacked and Ruben did not make that thread or any of the posts within it.
@Tony7782 I am surprised this tool is still allowed to post on here after the stunt he pulled in the classified. Just hit the ignore button I guess. It is funny that he is kissing the feet of scorched parts though. Bahaha
Read the above post.

Ruben has been a long time member here and he is the guy who created the Arrma UK Facebook page, the second I saw that thread I already knew what had happened but it was in the trash before I had a chance to explain to everyone what was going on.

His account was hacked and Ruben did not make that thread or any of the posts within it.

Read the above post.

Ruben has been a long time member here and he is the guy who created the Arrma UK Facebook page, the second I saw that thread I already knew what had happened but it was in the trash before I had a chance to explain to everyone what was going on.
Wondered how he had a longtime member and was doing that kinda crap

If that’s what happened I take back saying he wasn’t relavant or that he shouldn’t be allowed on here
You didn't know man I'm sure Reuby will forgive you. I just thought I would explain the situation before things got crazy. Like I said by the time I saw that for sale thread it was already in the trash.

Wondered how he had a longtime member and was doing that kinda crap
Shoot me down why don't you 😂😂😂😂
Thanks to everyone that stuck up for me. Really appreciate it ❤️👍
Apologies that my account was hacked and apologies you fell for the crap that was posted while it was. I can honestly tell you I wouldn't try and rip anyone off far from it. I try and help out and share pictures that's all. Been here 4 year's doing the same thing not gonna stop anytime soon so suck up sunshine and enjoy ☀️😁❤️

Read the above buddy. If you knew it was somewhere else's rig why try and buy it?

Glad you were able to get your account back Rueby. No need to apologize for having your account hacked. It's just amazing that some people have so little to do that they think hacking forum accounts is a good use of their time. A bit pathetic 🙄

Anyway sorry for any ill words I spoke of you and hope you understand. Happy bashing buddy!

Shoot me down why don't you 😂😂😂😂
Thanks to everyone that stuck up for me. Really appreciate it ❤️👍
Apologies that my account was hacked and apologies you fell for the crap that was posted while it was. I can honestly tell you I wouldn't try and rip anyone off far from it. I try and help out and share pictures that's all. Been here 4 year's doing the same thing not gonna stop anytime soon so suck up sunshine and enjoy ☀️😁❤️

Read the above buddy. If you knew it was somewhere else's rig why try and buy it.
He did.
If that’s what happened I take back saying he wasn’t relavant or that he shouldn’t be allowed on here

Back