Kraton Kraton EXB/Spektrum question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joebobhst

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to RC and have only bought 2 RTR trucks. I bought a Kraton EXB roller and put all the electronics in- I am having an issue with the Spektrum DX5C with the 6100spm5120.... I installed a CC Mamba X 8s esc/1717 motor. I wired it all together and when I tried to run it, it only runs in reverse mode... when in normal mode, the esc beeps saying there is an issue with the transmitter. when I switch the transmitter to reverse, it runs but the power is overwhelming when I back it up. I know its probably a dumb mistake on my part, but I can't find anything about it on the forums. Thank you all in advance!

Make sure your motor wires are connected in the right sequence -- blue, yellow, orange. You should not need to set the radio to reverse to run the car in the right direction.

Make sure your motor wires are connected in the right sequence -- blue, yellow, orange. You should not need to set the radio to reverse to run the car in the right direction.
There are letters on a 1717/MMX8S combo. You have to make sure ABC is in the proper order. But that would seem to be obvious to anyone who’s installing that level of power into a roller. ??‍♂️✌?

There are letters on a 1717/MMX8S combo. You have to make sure ABC is in the proper order. But that would seem to be obvious to anyone who’s installing that level of power into a roller. ??‍♂️✌?
Haha yes it is wired in the correct order- but sometimes it’s the most obvious thing!!
Thanks everyone I’ll let you know when I get it up and running

Just gonna add my question here ...

if i wanna go with a spectrum rc servo - wich one to take?

i am not sure - the spektrum rc servos got a 23t output shaft ... read a lot about the EXB with 25t horn ... ?
do i have to get a servo with 25t output shaft?

sorry if the question is dumb ^^ :)

You can always swap out the steering stock servo horn for one that will fit the steering servo you choose.

Just gonna add my question here ...

if i wanna go with a spectrum rc servo - wich one to take?

i am not sure - the spektrum rc servos got a 23t output shaft ... read a lot about the EXB with 25t horn ... ?
do i have to get a servo with 25t output shaft?

sorry if the question is dumb ^^ :)
If you must stay with Spektrum, you’ll also need a new horn. But the better question is why force the Spektrum servo? They are overpriced for what you get. So many better and less expensive options. Frankly, you could spend a lot less and get a way better servo.

i just like them ... i know they are overpriced, and there are maybe better one for the money ...
got a good deal on the s6250 (still not cheap - but yeah) :geek::ROFLMAO:
e.g. an absima alu 23t servor horn should do it?

i just like them ... i know they are overpriced, and there are maybe better one for the money ...
23t will do the trick ?

I got that same servo but ended up getting JX 32kg off Amazon while waiting for the correct servo horn to arrive. Here is the Hot Racing number HH gave me HRASH23TH01 as the one mentioned in the EXB manual is out of stock and said discontinued on HH website.

I got that same servo but ended up getting JX 32kg off Amazon while waiting for the correct servo horn to arrive. Here is the Hot Racing number HH gave me HRASH23TH01 as the one mentioned in the EXB manual is out of stock and said discontinued on HH website.

Thx Mate....i went with the Axial AX30834... Looks like it's almost the same, besides the offset ....?
think that matters?
my EXB should arrive tomorrow...but the parts ...yeah ... 1 week at least ??? enough time to check the diffs ..

Last edited:
And you should have asked if it is sensored or not. Thanks for the help smart ass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back