Kraton Kraton EXB Tire options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilozar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Curious to hear about your experience with the Pro-line 3.8 belted Badlands and Trenchers tires on the 6s Kraton. I am still very new to the rc world and I tried installing the Pro-line’s on a Traxxas e-revo brushless 1.0 with some pretty bad results. I broke 1 front diff, 4 rear diffs (including my latest attempt with all aluminum diff housings + spiral gears), as well as several plastic center and wheel driveshafts on the e-revo (which I subsequently upgraded to steel ones). I must also add that the Pro-line tires have a significantly larger circumference than the original Talon Sporttraxx that the e-revo came with and I did not change any gearing. I am now scared to install the Badlands/Trenchers on my newly built Kraton EXB.

My EXB has the Mamba Monster x 8s and 1717 1650kv motor with cooling fans installed. I have also changed diff oil to 50/100/50. I would appreciate if anyone could share some insight into whether I can run the Pro-line tires on here without worrying about breaking any more diffs (or anything else on the driveline for that matter). For what its worth, a quick visual check confirms that the the Pro-line tires are almost exactly the same circumference as the dBoots Copperhead 2 that the EXB came with. However when weighing the tires there is a significant difference in weight.

Talon Sporttraxx = 242grams
dBoots Copperhead 2 = 360grams
Pro-line Badlands 3.8 belted = 420grams
Pro-line Trenshers 3.8 belted = 521grams (I have the aluminum hex inserts installed on these)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I have the forty series trenchers and I love them. They are heavy but I liked these cause I like the narrower look opposed to the trencher x

ECA06E12-B12B-4D34-99F7-76D0D9787B86.jpeg

I have the belted badlands for my EXB. I definitely don't run them all the time. They are heavier than stock and you can really tell it driving. great for speed off road though.

Your table was tripping me out at first thought you had your car on a pile of sticks lol. Cool table!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back