Kraton EXB: Too close for comfort?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubNova91

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I purchased the M2C Racing ESC mount for the Max6. Well made and all around great mount, but the ESC is much closer to the motor shaft than I feel comfortable with. The mount says fits EXB and 6s trucks.

https://m2cracing.net/cars-and-trucks/545-m2c3320-6s-esc-plate-.html

Thoughts?

PXL_20201220_170924351.jpg

PXL_20201220_170944727.jpg

Looks nice and snug to me.... Don't think you will have any issue what so ever as I'm also sure a lot of time and development went into the design and placement. Your motor or pinion should never come forward to hit the ESC so not sure what the concern is? Anyways good looking setup man!

Looks nice and snug to me.... Don't think you will have any issue what so ever as I'm also sure a lot of time and development went into the design and placement. Your motor or pinion should never come forward to hit the ESC plate so not sure what the concern is? Anyways good looking setup man!

I'm just concerned the chassi will bend and the shaft will drill into the ESC. If I had the money for an M2C chassi I wouldn't be worried since they are near indestructible lol

I just got the max6 and have been playing around on where I am going to mount it on the stock plate. In my opinion there's enough real estate there for mounting, I don't know why they put it right up against the pinion like that. Not saying it's an issue being that close, just makes me wonder.

I just got the max6 and have been playing around on where I am going to mount it on the stock plate. In my opinion there's enough real estate there for mounting, I don't know why they put it right up against the pinion like that. Not saying it's an issue being that close, just makes me wonder.
On the bright side, it your pinion comes loose you shouldn’t lose it ?

On the stock plastic plate you just grind off the lip and slide it forward. Then transfer the mount holes from the esc to the plastic piece, drill the holes and mount the screws from the bottom. Easy peasy. I screw mounted mine on some servo tape for a little cushion.
The reason it’s there is to balance the car. There’s plenty of room for it once you remove the lip. That’s how everyone did it before the fancy plates came out.

On the stock plastic plate you just grind off the lip and slide it forward. Then transfer the mount holes from the esc to the plastic piece, drill the holes and mount the screws from the bottom. Easy peasy. I screw mounted mine on some servo tape for a little cushion.
The reason it’s there is to balance the car. There’s plenty of room for it once you remove the lip. That’s how everyone did it before the fancy plates came out.
That's exactly what I did and I can actually take my pinion off without removing my esc lol. No idea why they would make the m2c plate that close though

Mine been fine for almost two years just like that. My pinion did come loose once and rub the esc a bit...

View attachment 115058
Whoa.... what fan mount is that? Also is that the 1650KV motor?
Yeah I tried that when I have the Max8 and it worked. Then I got the Max6 and the factory plate is looking like swiss cheese :/

Figured the M2C plate would add some rigidity to it and the chassi.
That's exactly what I did and I can actually take my pinion off without removing my esc lol. No idea why they would make the m2c plate that close though
Yeah that's a good point too... I have the take off the side chassi guard then pull the motor out to get at the pinion. As far back as they are moving the ESC I've considered drilling out the M2C plate and moving it forward a bit. Still plenty of room in the front.

Man I would totally buy'em if you sold them and made a dual 40mm fan mount. I've using the Xmaxx heat sink at the moment and it wasn't easy to install and I'm not really getting the desired result with it... it's just too bulky.
I'd buy one too lol. I'm looking to just fab up an aluminum plate that goes across the top of the center diff and motor mount that will have a place to mount a fan.

I think I have a 21t on there at the moment. Winter time it can be geared up a little more. The weakness of the setup is the esc overheating in the summertime. Others have put bigger fans on them, i may try a 40mm and remove the plastic housing to cool it down a little easier. It a pretty violent setup, perfect for construction sites or dirt lots. Much more torque than the stock setup, more potential top speed and better air control. You have to keep up with tire glueing and vent them or they blow off. Only drawback is the extra weight. It is quite noticeable compared to the stock setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back