Kraton Kraton EXB Tower-to-Tower Brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyev

Reaction score
I know there are other threads that have dealt with this topic, however I'm not sure that I've seen enough responses in those threads that indicate consensus. I'm wondering if there is any more recent thoughts on whether the Tower-to-Tower brace can be omitted, IF you have upgraded to the M2C chassis, M2C shock towers, and have the M2C Rear Shock Tower Braces (or whatever they are called). My other front and rear chassis braces are the stock Kraton EXB braces, although I have M2C ones I could throw on if I wanted. Also, I am installing the Hot-Racing front and rear gearboxes - not that this is relevant, but maybe it is?

My main thought is to offset some of the added weight of the upgrades by doing away from the Tower-to-Tower brace.

Thoughts?

There is no such thing on a race buggy/truggy kit (due to the stock quality chassis) but on the flip side you would also not be launching a race buggy/truggy to the moon "normally".. If you have a better 7075 chassis I'd do away with it and only use the tower to chassis braces, like it was meant to be and just like a race buggy/truggy. I don't run the pole on my K12s using a JBI chassis. The lightning rod (bar) is relatively light so you really wouldn't have much gain in that dept.

Pole or no pole, if you lawn dart your rig from a 4 story launch, its most likely going to bend both anyway...

I don't think you will get a consensus on this.

Personally, I have the M2C chassis + rear shock tower + rear shock tower brace + GKA chassis braces and I have removed the T2T brace from my K6S.

I hate having the T2T in the way when I work on the RC and that alone is a good enough reason for me to take it off. Also, I don't see the day where I will bend the chassis on this RC. When/if it happens, I won't even care whether the T2T would have helped or not. I'll just move on and repair it.

Some prefer keeping the T2T brace for cable management and I think that's a valid point.

One thing that could be interesting is if someone with a lot of driving and tuning experience (i.e.: not me) could do a comparison with/without T2T to see whether a stiffness difference can be felt between the two setups. I could imagine that removing the T2T could add some flex that may be beneficial for the handling and/or durability. I think I recall Rich Duperbash (or was it RC Dude 81?) mentioning this in a video, but I don't know if that was a conclusion following a thorough comparison or just a general feeling that may or may not be accurate.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Well, that’s two more people saying they remove the T2T brace, in addition to the small number of people who have also said in other threads that they also remove it. And, so far no one has suggested to actually keep using it, so I think that settles it. Thanks again.

I removed my T2T brace when I instal the m2c chassis. I didnt know how heavy that thing is until I took if off. I don't really think it do much. Since I bent the stock chassis. I don't need that unneccessary weight. I was a nice carry handle though.

There is no such thing on a race buggy/truggy kit (due to the stock quality chassis) but on the flip side you would also not be launching a race buggy/truggy to the moon "normally".. If you have a better 7075 chassis I'd do away with it and only use the tower to chassis braces, like it was meant to be and just like a race buggy/truggy. I don't run the pole on my K12s using a JBI chassis. The lightning rod (bar) is relatively light so you really wouldn't have much gain in that dept.

Pole or no pole, if you lawn dart your rig from a 4 story launch, its most likely going to bend both anyway...
I don’t run
I know there are other threads that have dealt with this topic, however I'm not sure that I've seen enough responses in those threads that indicate consensus. I'm wondering if there is any more recent thoughts on whether the Tower-to-Tower brace can be omitted, IF you have upgraded to the M2C chassis, M2C shock towers, and have the M2C Rear Shock Tower Braces (or whatever they are called). My other front and rear chassis braces are the stock Kraton EXB braces, although I have M2C ones I could throw on if I wanted. Also, I am installing the Hot-Racing front and rear gearboxes - not that this is relevant, but maybe it is?

My main thought is to offset some of the added weight of the upgrades by doing away from the Tower-to-Tower brace.

Thoughts?
I don’t run t to t on m2c chassis either all it does is pull screws from bulkheads or worse crack the ears. I know you said you going aluminum bh so you would probably end up breaking screws off with t to t I could be wrong.Go nitro is def right I’ve tweaked both my m2c chassis on lawn darts.

Ultimately I realize I’ll still be breaking stuff, no matter the build - in fact I would find this hobby far less interesting if nothing ever needed fixing!

Back to the T2T chassis brace, it weighs 72g with mounting hardware, which isn’t a lot but then again it’s weight that is quite high off the ground. I’m saving weight in a few areas now and it adds up. Definitely not going to run it based on this input! And if I bend the M2C chassis so be it.

Um runnin heavy to around 14 pounds maybe more I just tweaked the nose a little noticed when I changed a bulkhead steering post where little hard to get lined up.

6CFCE047-175C-433E-B603-9F370583488F.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back