Kraton Kraton EXB “XL”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Slowly turning this thing into a kraton EXB XL. Haha.

It is a Mojave chassis complete with side guards Center braces and T2T .. and the rest is all Kraton, and kraton EXB.

The original towers I put on were garbage. Hobby king on eBay. So I decided I would put the exb kraton towers on... well. To put those on and have things be right you have to have the exb arms... well... if you have the arms you need the pins. And since I had those I also ordered the captured hinge pins and the EXB compatible black steering plate.

I’m just waiting for them to release the Kraton XLWB 7075 chassis, then once the diffs are released, it’ll have EXB diffs.

And as things break I’ll replace with EXB , or comparable. ??

Got most my EXB parts for it. Some more on the way.

830DD3EC-D76F-4552-ADEE-77F924F38CCE.jpeg
EC0DA16A-E61D-4219-90C2-776826899C4E.jpeg
40E8CC85-E06E-43F8-84C7-D53E49AA3391.jpeg

Figured I’d update since the build is gonna change quite a bit. Maybe I’ll finally be able to get this one on video. Do a time lapse or something ??‍♂️..

Anyways ✌? For now.

Last edited:
Soooooo, I got all ready to do my diffs last night and then I realized I had no damn diff cups ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️. So.. now I wait for ‘a main’ Haha ...

I drove on with some other stuff. My “hobby king” towers didn’t fit ?. The holes didn’t line up. Soooo, stock kraton towers for now, till I save up for some M2C.
BE5E6D98-84EA-439B-9257-2D6A6FD34805.jpeg

Got some more pics up.

I also opted to install a set of blue arms I have on the shelf... I have a very unique look I’m going for on this one. ( not body wise cause I may or may not be copying someone here ?

Sorry @Lride Chart , your rig was just too beautiful, had to get one of those Jeep bodies... hoping the color I have in my mind comes out right.. stay tuned !

Where I stopped tonight..
54F7046B-6E0B-4574-A7BA-B2AFE4DBBAA5.jpeg

Kraton strip victim.
DE31D67C-28FF-441A-B027-1B216366E5C6.jpeg

Edit:
Ok just kidding ... went back to work on it for a bit ... I put on my t bone bumper that I had still sitting on the shelf for an outcast... gonna try and make this one wingless so it won’t have nothing to fall back on.. needed a wheelie bar ha.

DF1325A2-409D-4874-89FA-356DC0E7AF00.jpeg

Then of course I had to throw on the biggest set of wheels and tires I have for it lol

90EC3FE3-5236-471A-978F-C6F6C3964177.jpeg

Last edited:
Thinking a max 6 and a 1580kv 4585 in this beast, anyone have thoughts?

6S... 8S??? Ha.

Start with a 14T and slowly go up with temps. I’ll be swapping these silly trenchers for backflip’s most likely. Maybe even a set of backflip LP’s.. I’ve got both.

Thinking a max 6 and a 1580kv 4585 in this beast, anyone have thoughts?

6S... 8S??? Ha.

Start with a 14T and slowly go up with temps. I’ll be swapping these silly trenchers for backflip’s most likely. Maybe even a set of backflip LP’s.. I’ve got both.
That or the new Castle MM8X with the new sensored 1717 motor...

I would go with the MMX8S and the Arrma 2050kv to get started until you can afford a better motor. I can’t say it enough how much cooler that ESC keeps your motor.

has anyone tried the sensored 1717? Is it worth the hefty tag?

Edit: been looking for one in stock for an hour now with no luck ??‍♂️... 5-6 weeks!? Awww man!

Last edited:
I would go with the MMX8S and the Arrma 2050kv to get started until you can afford a better motor. I can’t say it enough how much cooler that ESC keeps your motor.
Mmx8s ordered. Had to pay suggested retail at 234 since NO WHERE but eBay has em. Might get the 1717 when they come back in stock. For now, I’ve been waiting weeks on my surpass hobby “rocket” 1580kv 4585 from China.

Last edited:
The wait is on... I bit the bullet and ordered the 1717 sensored... 5-6 week wait castles site said ??‍♂️ It’ll be worth it!

Last edited:
Ok... it’s been 24 hours.. and I can already tell it’s going to be a long 5-6 weeks ??‍♂️

the Body will be here tomorrow I will start doin that bad boy up.

looking forward to the motor and esc coming... gonna be fun doing a video for everyone. It’ll be interesting... this will be my first sensored motor. It’ll also be my first castle esc, I’ve been hobbywing since I got into rc stuff. With all the good things said about the castle 8s I can’t see how I can go wrong though.

Think The motor will have to be shimmed like with the max 6combo 1650kv. ??
The hw 1650kv does not need to be shimmed with the newer sliding Arrma mount or the m2c Racing. I think the 1717 is similar sized so you should be gold. Nice build btw...

The hw 1650kv does not need to be shimmed with the newer sliding Arrma mount or the m2c Racing. I think the 1717 is similar sized so you should be gold. Nice build btw...
Hey thanks!

That’s good to know about the mount... I was just starting to look at these
E973D316-E001-41B0-A3F5-BB83F3AB75FB.png

Not sure if they were any good or not ..

But now I don’t need to know! Thanks for the info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back