Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How to frankly break the rear gearbox (or, it really seems to be) :
Watch 'til the end. And he doesn't even notice it, he only talk about a schock absorber issue, but the rear shock tower is clearly pushed inside the body shell. I would had like to see the damages under the body shell, but i think the rear gearbox is busted. But the 7075 shock tower seems to have done his job, it seems not even bent. I don't know if the M2C 3035 braces should prevent this kind of breakage. Imo, Eric broke his EXB on the same way.

How to frankly break the rear gearbox (or, it really seems to be) :
Watch 'til the end. And he doesn't even notice it, he only talk about a schock absorber issue, but the rear shock tower is clearly pushed inside the body shell. I would had like to see the damages under the body shell, but i think the rear gearbox is busted. But the 7075 shock tower seems to have done his job, it seems not even bent. I don't know if the M2C 3035 braces should prevent this kind of breakage. Imo, Eric broke his EXB on the same way.
'It landed on the back end but I don't think its a big deal" :LOL:
All he saw was the rear shock mount broke? How could he miss the whole rear end is caved in? Must be the goofy glasses.
I would be interested to see if the chassis tail end is still straight after that landing. I don't think the rear shock went unscathed being that pushed in but its possible if the arms and diff box absorbed most of the impact. So much weight being dropped on its ass from that high is impossible to survive. Wonder if he'll do a repair video breakdown. With these to guys trying their best to break the trucks, any basher with even a little driving experience could survive some normal bashing mishaps for sure.

I’m in carroll county, does that hobby town have a good supply of arrma upgrades for the 6s line?
Not really. They are mostly a Traxxas shop. Remote Control Hobbies in Timonium seems to carry a lot though.

Know of any good places to bash?
The Track in Gaithersburg might have some upgrades on hand - and if not, can get them as quick as shipping will allow.

Well put my kraton 8s esc and motor in. Couldn't fit it in with the heatsink and fan. . So far its pretty stout.

Attachments

• 20200801_213244.jpg
    20200801_213244.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 56
Well put my kraton 8s esc and motor in. Couldn't fit it in with the heatsink and fan. . So far its pretty stout.
I got the K8S heatsink to fit on the motor, but the fan screw heads were going to rub on the body a lot, so I used a different fan and mount on my 1717 motor. It’s not well tested yet, but I’m hoping it will hold up.

Hey guys, my Kraton 6s BLX is literally not 24 hours old and after watching videos about the EXB, there's definitely going to be some upgrades happening lol! Does anyone have confirmation that the upgraded parts (specifically the front bumper, wing mount and chassis braces) are compatible with the BLX (2020 model)? This is my first Arrma and I'd like to do it up right the first time! :)

Hey guys, my Kraton 6s BLX is literally not 24 hours old and after watching videos about the EXB, there's definitely going to be some upgrades happening lol! Does anyone have confirmation that the upgraded parts (specifically the front bumper, wing mount and chassis braces) are compatible with the BLX (2020 model)? This is my first Arrma and I'd like to do it up right the first time! :)
Yes they are all 100% compatible with the V4 models. The only thing that can’t be mixed is the ring and pinions on the F/R diffs that I can tell. Also if you get the front chassis brace, you will need to drill a larger hole in the top plate as it uses an M4 bolt instead of M3. Can’t think of much else that you would have to be careful with.

Can’t think of much else that you would have to be careful with.

The only thing I would add is that these EXB parts don't come with hardware - not a problem if you are replacing parts, but if you are doing upgrades, you'll have to secure some new hardware. Just look at the exploded diagram to see what size/type screws you need

Haha, you laugh now, but that's ok, we'll see what happens in the coming weeks/months. ?
CoRally is offering and releasing V2 strengthened parts now coming to all customers that register and bought the 1/8 cars. And they have a kit race spec python buggy for 2021 to be released. Honestly the V2 updated arms, turnbuckles etc look pretty good and way beefier. And their 7075 parts are high quality. I just did all 3 of my diff cups with the 7075 upgrades and ordered Lunsford turnbuckles and a 7075 rear chassis brace. Building my shogun to be one hell of a truggy truck hopefully.

Attachments

• 996A960D-FCB4-425D-8F9B-B8D6B28659B9.jpeg
    996A960D-FCB4-425D-8F9B-B8D6B28659B9.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 0299C19F-7A45-4919-9429-65FDA4CF596B.jpeg
    0299C19F-7A45-4919-9429-65FDA4CF596B.jpeg
    322.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 18B122D5-5E7E-4DD5-BFDE-8AB42DDD955B.jpeg
    18B122D5-5E7E-4DD5-BFDE-8AB42DDD955B.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 825AD361-7FCC-4FF2-8DB0-816125A0594F.jpeg
    825AD361-7FCC-4FF2-8DB0-816125A0594F.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 50
  • A60F4329-F130-41EC-B50E-4A3501B528D0.png
    A60F4329-F130-41EC-B50E-4A3501B528D0.png
    592 KB · Views: 55
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back