Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you understood that wrong.
I already have all of those upgrades and electronics (except the RPM skid plate) on my V4, but I will put everything in the EXB as soon as it arrives as it is going to be my Go To Basher.
My V4 will then wait some time until I've got money to rebuild it into something else, like for example a SWB Truggy.

Ahh, yeah...that makes more sense!

I think my son would be angry if I stole all the good parts off his V3 so new EXB for me, or try to fix my Savage (which I think needs a new nitro engine which ends up about 1/3rd the cost of a new EXB....)

Who honestly sends their rigs like him, not many. Bad landing like that anything can break. EXB may not be 100% bulletproof but it's tougher than anything previous. Let's give it some time and see where the dust settles!
I'm with you on this! It's not going to be unbreakable but at least its gonna be alot closer to the finished article!. I recently got the V4 & have only upgraded M2c braces, droop screws & RPM bumper so far!. I've stopped any further upgrades & already ordered the EXB!... This time next year i may have my exb with a few M2c (or similar) parts (Exb/M2c hybrid!) but it won't have cost me anymore in the long run & it will be one hell of a rig! For me I'd rather have the exb as a starting block over my current V4!!
I think you understood that wrong.
I already have all of those upgrades and electronics (except the RPM skid plate) on my V4, but I will put everything in the EXB as soon as it arrives as it is going to be my Go To Basher.
My V4 will then wait some time until I've got money to rebuild it into something else, like for example a SWB Truggy.
Same as what I'm planning to do (or worst case sell my v4!) ?

Still haven't found away to keep drive gears inside front an rear diff cases lubricated.1st rc company does that wins hands down,need diff case with a plug to remove an lube inside with out removing cover an pulling diffs to lube.so after market still has some avenues to work on,come smart guys.

Still haven't found away to keep drive gears inside front an rear diff cases lubricated.1st rc company does that wins hands down,need diff case with a plug to remove an lube inside with out removing cover an pulling diffs to lube.so after market still has some avenues to work on,come smart guys.
It is very doable. I fill my diff boxes with HQ lithium grease(ment to be used in idustrial bearings), hit the throttle a few times wipe excess of grees(from outside after I place diff cover), and no problems with any of my extreme performance setups on Arrma cars(on road and off road). Grease stays in place, and I can't see any signs of ring or pinion gear wear.

Done that grease moves away still

Pretty sure it all will, physics and such :)

Might try some grease that is heavy in moly, moly "plates" to metal under heat and pressure, so even though it might be flung out of the way after a few passes, the protection between gear teeth might still remain.

On my Savage, the "in thing" was to pack the diff case tight with grease....so tight that it really couldnt fling anywhere. Probably not an issue on a nitro because the drag from the extra grease didnt affect much. But with such power electric motors now, any bit of extra drag could lead to heating issues IMHO.

I just reassembled one of the diffs on our Kraton and put a good glob of Schaeffers #238 grease on the ring gear then spun it over a few times by hand. Im sure it will get flung around once we actually drive it, but at least something is there.

I just reassembled one of the diffs on our Kraton and put a good glob of Schaeffers #238 grease on the ring gear then spun it over a few times by hand. Im sure it will get flung around once we actually drive it, but at least something is there.

1/4 throttle and you just painted the innards of your diff case in whatever color grease you used. Don't care what kind of grease anyone uses. Don't believe it, scrape gobs of grease off your finger onto the gear, put it back together and 1/4 throttle it. GONE! Don't matter what brand RC it is either. Then clean it all out, put the smallest little dab of grease on the gear and run it at 1/4 throttle. Pull it back apart and there it all is stuck to the diff case. Less is better. Less :poop: you have to clean up next time your back in there..

Who honestly sends their rigs like him, not many. Bad landing like that anything can break. EXB may not be 100% bulletproof but it's tougher than anything previous. Let's give it some time and see where the dust settles!
Yep, only one other. If it survives RCDude81 and Duperdash without cracking in half, I think it should handle my bashes.

1/4 throttle and you just painted the innards of your diff case in whatever color grease you used. Don't care what kind of grease anyone uses. Don't believe it, scrape gobs of grease off your finger onto the gear, put it back together and 1/4 throttle it. GONE! Don't matter what brand RC it is either. Then clean it all out, put the smallest little dab of grease on the gear and run it at 1/4 throttle. Pull it back apart and there it all is stuck to the diff case. Less is better. Less :poop: you have to clean up next time your back in there..

Yeah, I did just have to clean some grease out of there.

OTOH, the grease seeems to catch any shavings that end up in there (input gear touched the aluminum diff cup a little bit). Granted, aluminum shouldnt hurt hardened steel gears.

I agree,must not be important to lube these,same as pinon/ spur gears I guess.

I agree,must not be important to lube these,same as pinon/ spur gears I guess.

It is important to use the right grease. There is still some residual that sticks to the metal, makes it feel smooth and keeps the friction heat down to a certain degree. But excess grease in the case is a waste and a pain to clean out. Some guys will just slap in a rebuilt diff without cleaning out the case. Me, it has to be cleaned up before I bolt it back together. Less to start means less to clean (y) Never run grease on a pinion, spur or any external gear. That attracts dirt, grime, small stones that will wear out the gears.

I think Arrma just wiped out the independent aftermarket supply chain.....
Lol ! I was thinking the same thing when I first saw it. However you summed up my feelings perfectly. It looks like a nice rig. Just might grab one next year and keep my spare parts for my Outcast.Also nice surprise without the hype. Way to go Jason, Horizon and Arrma team.

Lol ! I was thinking the same thing when I first saw it. However you summed up my feelings perfectly. It looks like a nice rig. Just might grab one next year and keep my spare parts for my Outcast.Also nice surprise without the hype. Way to go Jason, Horizon and Arrma team.
The roller as a whole is a better deal than the individual parts from the Arrma site. Some m2c parts are a little more, some the same price or even cheaper if you are to upgrade an existing model. Maybe Jenny’s will be cheaper once they start breaking some of these up.
Agree with the non hype announcement, no clocks or fb hints this is not a time for bs. I think some said they saw it coming but not me, at least not this nightmare of a year.

Can't wait 'til my BLX gets here. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20200707_164445.jpg
    IMG_20200707_164445.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 70
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back