Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder when they are accccctually gonna ship all these pre-orders... ??? can’t wait for mine. Got my items ready to go in .....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be July ... although at this point, stretching it out might not be too bad since I just blew my ESC money on some other RC stuff.

Agh I'm so torn! I'm getting back into RC after about 10 years, and literally JUST had a Kraton 6S I ordered last week delivered. Haven't even opened the box yet.

The value of the EXB roller is just so tempting- basically won't have to make any upgrades.

I'm trying to decide whether I should open the box and keep the truck I have now (plus the aluminum chassis braces, servo mount, and new radio I ordered with it), or return all those things (minus the radio) and get the Kraton EXB instead. I'd have to pay like $50-100 for return shipping on the truck, and can avoid the restock fee if I keep myself from opening the box.

I know the Horizon website says early July availability, but can anyone guess with a little more accuracy, perhaps based on historic launch availability, when Horizon may ship?

I can get a good deal locally on the stock 2050 kv motor and BLX 185 ESC, if that's good for the 6s RTR I imagine it will be fine for the EXB roller? A Castle combo would likely be overkill me just getting back into it, if the EXB will perform similarly as the RTR with the same motor/ESC combo I'm sure I will be happy.

Its so tough to have the shiny new truck waiting in the box just downstairs and trying to keep myself from opening it, just so I might decide to wait more for something else...

Thanks to anyone that has any suggestions regarding my dilemma!
return it, Ive spent close to 1k on upgrades for the 6s v4, that can all be had way cheaper with he exb

The 3mm chassis is a little concern but for most of us I think it will be fine as well as the thinner than after market 7075 towers. These will defenately make a lighter, faster better handling, basher than something decked out completely with jbi, or m2c. The arms, driveline and suspension mounting system is huge, this thing is a monster. I’m sure the tekno guys (I own one btw...) will say they have a better basher (not racer) but on looks and wrenchability I’d take this thing over a et48 and would not have to buy wheels, tires and put the dam thing together. Also have nearly 150bucks leftover for electrics...lm really hoping this is as good as it looks on screen but only time will tell and I’m sure some flaws will be found...
Yes, this is exactly what I've been saying. I have a decked out m2c krston and she's a chunky thing. This exb will be much lighter and handle alot better. Im pretty sure she'll hold.up to the punishment we'll all put her through. Also, i have a tekno mt410 and this exb may just be on the same level. The fit and finish on teknos are second to none though. We shall see ??‍♂️

I would lay odds on 98% will have no problems with this chassis durability on the EXB. This is 1/2 the weight of a 8s.

6061 – Mechanical Properties
•Ultimate Tensile Strength 45000 psi
•Tensile Yield Strength 40000 psi
•Fatigue Strength 14000 psi
•Shear Strength 30000 psi
•Hardness, Rockwell 40

7075 – Mechanical Properties
•Ultimate Tensile Strength 83000 psi
•Tensile Yield Strength 73000 psi
•Fatigue Strength 23000 psi
•Shear Strength 48000 psi
•Hardness, Rockwell 53.5

I was

I was able to pre-order it on Horizon hobby EU. Now the EXB is stated as "unavailable", no possiblity to pre-order. I'm not in the hurry to receive it, end of July, or end of august, as far as i receive it ^^.
Dang! I just looked at this earlier today and it said early July... I sure hope I still get mine :(... sure hope we ALL get ours ...
21C28302-E34D-4ECD-B1B6-910814168819.png

Last edited:
I would lay odds on 98% will have no problems with this chassis durability on the EXB
I hope you're right as this was a concern of mine from day one. I get the weight savings thing with 3mm chassis but what if it gets tweaked. M2C and maby others go with 4mil so why not go 4mil from Arrma and pass the difference to us. I for one would hate to buy a M2C chassis for this truck.

What are the opinions of the rear skid plates that are longer to help prevent bending also? JBI makes one and Scorched makes a titanium one. You do need to drill extra holes for the forward screws.

UK still saying August 22-24...?
Advice from my LHS is that all UK retailers will be sent their allocated units on 21st August from Horizons distributor! That's why 22nd-24th is being quoted as retailers should receive by 22nd & be able to dispatch out to customers that have ordered by 24th!. All UK retailers receive from same supply source so all.of us in UK should receive within a day or 2 of each other dependant on courier used/collection from store etc!. ?

Advice from my LHS is that all UK retailers will be sent their allocated units on 21st August from Horizons distributor! That's why 22nd-24th is being quoted as retailers should receive by 22nd & be able to dispatch out to customers that have ordered by 24th!. All UK retailers receive from same supply source so all.of us in UK should receive within a day or 2 of each other dependant on courier used/collection from store etc!. ?
We always get screwed in the UK..??
I only need a servo, as I've been ordering all the other parts I need already ?
Well as long as I get one that's all that matters, and all you guys stateside can tell me how good they are and be guinea pigs for me ??

Well as long as I get one that's all that matters, and all you guys stateside can tell me how good they are and be guinea pigs for me ??
Look on the bright side. If there are serious flaws, this gives you the chance to hear from the guinea pigs and cancel your order before you get it!?

Your way ahead of me mate!... I still haven't decided on which ESC/Motor to go with... been doing my own head in overthinking it all & gling round in circles ? so think I'm gonna follow @RC DUDE81 recommendation : max6 with a 4092! Can't go wrong with any combo that gets his thumbs up!. What have you got to run in it?

Your way ahead of me mate!... I still haven't decided on which ESC/Motor to go with... been doing my own head in overthinking it all & gling round in circles ? so think I'm gonna follow @RC DUDE81 recommendation : max6 with a 4092! Can't go wrong with any combo that gets his thumbs up!. What have you got to run in it?
And lucky for you, the 4092 just came back in stock at RCJuice. ;) get em while their hot :)

More than happy to oblige mate ? , I plan I doing extensive reviews of this beautiful thing! Got my eyes on a few gravel pits I wanna visit. Hopefully my old GoPro sessions can keep up ??‍♂️

Last edited:
I hope you're right as this was a concern of mine from day one. I get the weight savings thing with 3mm chassis but what if it gets tweaked. M2C and maby others go with 4mil so why not go 4mil from Arrma and pass the difference to us. I for one would hate to buy a M2C chassis for this truck.

I think I am right:unsure: I think it was RC DUDE81 was the person that had a oopsy landing and sheared the mounting screws off of the rear brace to chassis? (sorry if I am wrong) If that was all that happened? I will take it!
7075 vs 6061 is not much of weight saving (metal) it is more of the shear, tensile, fatigue, etc that matter vs the over all weight of the vehicle and the abuse it is put through.
BUT, you can't help stupid LOL

Dang! I just looked at this earlier today and it said early July... I sure hope I still get mine :(... sure hope we ALL get ours ...
View attachment 88687

We will get it :) But still no answer to my email so far, i send it the 4 July. But, the last time i sent an email to Horizon, about the 1/8 force rc, i never get any answer from them also :ROFLMAO: It seems that Horizon EU in germany isn't very prompt to reply to emails. I don't care, but it would be just nice to have a date or even an approximative date though.

Your way ahead of me mate!... I still haven't decided on which ESC/Motor to go with... been doing my own head in overthinking it all & gling round in circles ? so think I'm gonna follow @RC DUDE81 recommendation : max6 with a 4092! Can't go wrong with any combo that gets his thumbs up!.

What have you got to run in it?

Well, that would be telling..?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back