Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies if this has been posted.

1593922620881.png

Another rip off topic slightly.

1593922888339.png

Attachments

• 1593922835049.png
    1593922835049.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 1593922853911.png
    1593922853911.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 43
Arrma should have ditched the crappy wheels and body on the EXB and sell it for under $400 or sell a kit version for like $350 and let people build it from the ground up and truly customize. You can get a Tekno MT410 kit and it is a better value considering the quality parts Tekno uses in the build kits. Use Tower hobbies promo codes and get the Tekno for well under $400. I had both a Kraton 6s and the MT410 and I ended up selling the Kraton because the Tekno was much more fun bashing and I run it on 4s lipo. The only thing I've broken so far was a couple of Proline bodies. Tekno's are really tough.
Gotta add at least $250 imo to get it set up on the low end.
If you're going low end then just get the RTR Kraton and swap things out when things break. The RTR radio and receiver are junk but the 185 BLX is better than a low end power setup and the Arrma servo is capable to move the wheels around just fine. Compared to a Protek, Hitech or Savox high torque servo you won't notice that much of a difference while bashing.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been posted.

View attachment 88230

Another rip off topic slightly.

View attachment 88233

I think its even more definate than that, pretty much a dead cert IMO.

In the EXB compatibility parts list provided by Arrma that Yonic linked a few days ago we can see 7075 SWB chassis etc etc.. which is pretty solid confirmation of it.

Arrma added a cool table showing parts compatibility with all the current 6s models:
ARRMA EXtreme Bash (EXB) Parts Cross Reference Table

Arrma are really gonna struggle to move very much of their current BLX line-up now with the recent price hike on top of this news... so you can see why they might not want to advertise it.
This is awesome. I cant wait for the other versions. Gonna get a EXB Noto or Outcast for my son IF.. they keep the price structure inline with the Kraton version .. If not I'll just go for the Tekno MT410.

I think its even more definate than that, pretty much a dead cert IMO.

In the EXB compatibility parts list provided by Arrma that Yonic linked a few days ago we can see 7075 SWB chassis etc etc.. which is pretty solid confirmation of it.

Arrma are really gonna struggle to move very much of their current BLX line-up now with the recent price hike on top of this news... so you can see why they might not want to advertise it.
This is awesome. I cant wait for the other versions. Gonna get a EXB Noto or Outcast for my son IF.. they keep the price structure inline with the Kraton version .. If not I'll just go for the Tekno MT410.
I agree with you here I feel like they might struggle a little with the blx line because if all the models get an exb roller in the blx line, they can’t do too much else other than release new 6s models because the exb is damn near perfect in my opinion.

I agree with you here I feel like they might struggle a little with the blx line because if all the models get an exb roller in the blx line, they can’t do too much else other than release new 6s models because the exb is damn near perfect in my opinion.

yeah I’m really only interested in the exb versions now and would wait to buy a Mojave... that said I don’t think they have a huge supply of products based on how in demand everyrhing was

yeah I’m really only interested in the exb versions now and would wait to buy a Mojave... that said I don’t think they have a huge supply of products based on how in demand everyrhing was

Hmm.. I just checked the stock levels of our 3 main online retailers and they were all were out of stock of most of the 6s BLX line up. Only the Kraton Limitless, and Mojave were in stock for all 3 retailers with one also having a single Talion left. Dropship for the others only..

Could be purely Covid related... but could also be the retailers running down their stock due to an impending new revamped 6S lineup? Imagine that..

Hmm.. I just checked the stock levels of our 3 main online retailers and they were all were out of stock of most of the BLX line up. Only the Kraton Limitless, and Mojave were in stock for all 3 retailers with one also having a single Talion left. Dropship for the others only..

Could be purely Covid related... but could also be the retailers running down their stock due to an impending new 6S lineup? Imagine that..
Spoke to my LHS in detail yesterday about it & he's waiting for new batch of BLX from Horizon... as far as he's concerned the BLX will still be selling as good as ever!. He told me the Arrma rep is of the same belief as him in that that the EXB will attract a different buyer to the BLX range (i.e...1st time hobby grade buyers for the BLX & enthusiasts/people upgrading for EXB!). We shall see!

Spoke to my LHS in detail yesterday about it & he's waiting for new batch of BLX from Horizon... as far as he's concerned the BLX will still be selling as good as ever!. He told me the Arrma rep is of the same belief as him in that that the EXB will attract a different buyer to the BLX range (i.e...1st time hobby grade buyers for the BLX & enthusiasts/people upgrading for EXB!). We shall see!

Make sense, 99% of newcomers to the hobby are still going to buy a RTR.
Maybe a few of the EXB parts will find their way into the V5's though.

Make sense, 99% of newcomers to the hobby are still going to buy a RTR.
Maybe a few of the EXB parts will find their way into the V5's though.
Yeah wouldn't be surprised if a V5 is 2021 release after the covid situation and the exb release!. I can see another Roller or 2 before anything else, I seem to remember Jason Dearden hinting at the Rollers in his interview with Vas @Aussie RC Playground !

You can get a Tekno MT410 kit and it is a better value considering the quality parts Tekno uses in the build kits.
Do you have the exb in your hands to compare? Kits are overrated, theyre nice and tekno is great but I really get sick of hearing how much value is there. I have some and yes they are nice but I’d never buy one new. $650 for an et48 and it doesn’t even come with wheels and tires...great value? Quality yes, value no...I do have and have had plenty of teknos so don’t tell me I’m fos. My advice for someone that wants a kit is to buy an rtr, take it all apart, sell what you don’t want and put it back together. Selling a unused motor/esc for 150$ and $50 for wheels and tires is value. Don’t tell me how much you learn putting kits together either. I’ve seen plenty lousy builds where they didn’t learn anything.

If they can still sell brushed Megas over a BLX brushless 3S rig, they can surely sell a 6S RTR.

Arrma should have ditched the crappy wheels and body on the EXB and sell it for under $400 or sell a kit version for like $350 and let people build it from the ground up and truly customize. You can get a Tekno MT410 kit and it is a better value considering the quality parts Tekno uses in the build kits. Use Tower hobbies promo codes and get the Tekno for well under $400. I had both a Kraton 6s and the MT410 and I ended up selling the Kraton because the Tekno was much more fun bashing and I run it on 4s lipo. The only thing I've broken so far was a couple of Proline bodies. Tekno's are really tough.

If you're going low end then just get the RTR Kraton and swap things out when things break. The RTR radio and receiver are junk but the 185 BLX is better than a low end power setup and the Arrma servo is capable to move the wheels around just fine. Compared to a Protek, Hitech or Savox high torque servo you won't notice that much of a difference while bashing.

I agree about the Tekno quality. All aluminum parts are 7075 T6, the plastics are great, the metal used for the drive train is high quality, no fast wear out on the diff. out drive. I own a EB48.3 and i'm really happy with it stock, strictly no upgrades out of plastic skid plates. I got it used in good condition as roller and for ~300€ i have been able to have it with electronics (WP 8BL150 and leopard motor).

But, from what i see of the EXB, even if there isn't 7075 a-arms braces and chassis braces, what you get for the price is pretty nice. The Tekno chassis come from the racing world, not really made to be used on 6s, when the Arrma 1/8 line are more for basher on 6s. The EXB is still cheaper than a brand new Tekno. I wait to see if the new diff. are well designed and the a-arms braces strong enough (they have put steel instead of aluminum for some of them, basher don't really need light weight, and this put the cost down also).

I would like to have a MT410 or a Xray XT8.2, but the price is pretty high and even more when you want to make them run. The few MT410 i saw for sell in good used condition (with wheels and boddy shell) were still over the price of the EXB. MT410 at 400$ that 's nice, but don't forget that you will need wheels, body shell and paint.

I would say, if you have the budget to afford a Tekno or a Xray, go for it, you won't have to make upgrades as we need on the Arrma RTR version. But if you have a more thigh budget, the EXB would come in second choice. Who else on the market offer this kind of chassis for bashing out of the racing brands like Kyosho, Tekno, Mugen, Losi who are almost all more expensive to buy and really race oriented and not basher oriented. I mean chassis with 7075 aluminum chassis plate and shock tower.

Arrma don't really innovate when we talk about chassis layout, their chassis are like any other chassis. But it is the only brand with this kind of chassis who is basher oriented. They don't say that their chassis will perform better on a track but more the time pass and more they make their chassis stronger for bashing at more affordable price than other brands.

I talk about prices in EU, you, guys in US, have the chance to have almost all at lower prices than us.

Do you have the exb in your hands to compare? Kits are overrated, theyre nice and tekno is great but I really get sick of hearing how much value is there. I have some and yes they are nice but I’d never buy one new. $650 for an et48 and it doesn’t even come with wheels and tires...great value? Quality yes, value no...I do have and have had plenty of teknos so don’t tell me I’m fos. My advice for someone that wants a kit is to buy an rtr, take it all apart, sell what you don’t want and put it back together. Selling a unused motor/esc for 150$ and $50 for wheels and tires is value. Don’t tell me how much you learn putting kits together either. I’ve seen plenty lousy builds where they didn’t learn anything.
If Arrma wasn't so red lock tight crazy then yeah that might be an easy option. To heat up every screw and pray nothing strips is intimidating to a newbie. Not sure where you paying $650 for ET48 but online you can get them for around $500 online after discounts. But anyway you're comparing a racing truggy EB48 to a bashing truggy Kraton which is not my comparison. I was comparing the EXB to the MT410 which can be purchased for $375 with my tower hobby discount. The stock Kraton wheels are crap so lower the EXB price $50 and let people buy their own wheels.
Arrma is not doing this to help the consumer out with lower cost. They are doing this because there is a shortage in RC electronics in Asia. Spektrum is having major issues getting components to ship RTR vehicles.

So you're saying Tekno Quality yes, value no?? What is your definition of value? Do you think the EXB price is fair?

If Arrma wasn't so red lock tight crazy then yeah that might be an easy option. To heat up every screw and pray nothing strips is intimidating to a newbie. Not sure where you paying $650 for ET48 but online you can get them for around $500 online after discounts. But anyway you're comparing a racing truggy EB48 to a bashing truggy Kraton which is not my comparison. I was comparing the EXB to the MT410 which can be purchased for $375 with my tower hobby discount. The stock Kraton wheels are crap so lower the EXB price $50 and let people buy their own wheels.
Arrma is not doing this to help the consumer out with lower cost. They are doing this because there is a shortage in RC electronics in Asia. Spektrum is having major issues getting components to ship RTR vehicles.

So you're saying Tekno Quality yes, value no?? What is your definition of value? Do you think the EXB price is fair?
$375 for MT410? I see it for $450. Some people say that it's a good bashers, others think otherwise ?

Without having the product in hand to verify its quality, we only have the word of 4 very fantastic folks that released videos for launch. Let’s wait and see what we’re gonna get our hands on before placing judgement? I think the exb is gonna be quite a fair price point in comparison with other 6s lineup + aftermarket part prices. I also fee as if the copperhead 2 and the backflip are arrma’s best released tires to date for 6s powered vehicles.

As with everything else... these are just opinions. :)

Can’t wait for this truck!

Last edited:
$375 for MT410? I see it for $450. Some people say that it's a good bashers, others think otherwise ?
$450 list price but tower hobby discount 15% off promo codes weekly. It works for all Tekno vehicles. At least it did a few months ago. Arrma unfortunately does not allow promo codes discounts.
MT410 compares better to a Notorious rather then a Kraton to most people. I run my Tekno on 4s and its is feels like 6s. The Tekno on 6s is just bonkers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back