Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except the founder talks about doing a roller last March in an interview. ??‍♂️
This just might be the one. :LOL:
And their timing is impeccable. release during a worldwide pandemic.
Just don't know how they plan on getting these into customers hands if the RTR line up has been in short supply the past few months.
They'll be selling on Ebay for $1000 in no time.

I bugged them with emails asking for a roller kit in January. That’s how they used to be when I had a 72 MHz radio. I cringed when I wondered how much of the price I paid was the stuff I just pulled out and threw away.

I keep seeing “the EXB” being said. You all know that there’s EXB parts for every 6S model, off-road and on-road right? I’m going to be upgrading!

I just pre-ordered my Kraton EXB roller. I think this is a spectacular deal with the tons of upgrades. I'm glad it comes with a paint job. The dark themed body is the best looking Kraton body ever. I will be putting a Max8, Ripper 4074-2000kv motor, SR415 receiver and JX 25 kg.cm servo in it, and a 4S 90C Graphene pack with appropriate gearing (not interested in 6S speeds, I want torque, and grip for days), looking for 70-ish kph (45-ish mph).

Does anyone have any info on how the limited slip diffs actually work? Where does the slipper go? Does it change anything regarding viscosity of the silicone fluid? How is the slipper clutch tensioned? A spring? Any info on that?

I just pre-ordered my Kraton EXB roller. I think this is a spectacular deal with the tons of upgrades. I'm glad it comes with a paint job. The dark themed body is the best looking Kraton body ever. I will be putting a Max8, Ripper 4074-2000kv motor, SR415 receiver and JX 25 kg.cm servo in it, and a 4S 90C Graphene pack with appropriate gearing (not interested in 6S speeds, I want torque, and grip for days), looking for 70-ish kph (45-ish mph).

Does anyone have any info on how the limited slip diffs actually work? Where does the slipper go? Does it change anything regarding viscosity of the silicone fluid? How is the slipper clutch tensioned? A spring? Any info on that?
I’m planning to use a Max8 also with a 2000kv motor. Basically I have the esc and motor out of a CoRally Kronos for the EXB. As far as limited slip I believe when the diff action senses more power being sent to front or rear, or one tire over another the diff will use its friction plates to send power to the wheel with traction if that makes sense, basically balancing out the power better. Correct me if I’m wrong. i think the friction discs are in the diff itself so there won’t be a slipper clutch. I’m not sure. I also really like that black coloured body very cool. I’m thinking to preorder but I was kind of waiting for it to come in stock locally or at tower hobbies. But then I may miss the first batch lol

I think I know what a limited slip diff DOES, but I'd like to know how ARRMA integrated it, and what it means for disassembly of the diffs for maintenance etc. I can see pictures of the parts on the ARRMA website, but not how it's built together, if you get what I mean. I hope it's not even remotely like the Nero diff brains, those were overly complicated and fragile.

I think I know what a limited slip diff DOES, but I'd like to know how ARRMA integrated it, and what it means for disassembly of the diffs for maintenance etc. I can see pictures of the parts on the ARRMA website, but not how it's built together, if you get what I mean. I hope it's not even remotely like the Nero diff brains, those were overly complicated and fragile.
Me too I’m quite interested. I had a limited slip in my 180sx back in the day lol when I was playing around with drifting cars. I hope also it’s not like the brain. I still own a Fazon 6S but I don’t use the brain function to try to prolong the diff life’s haha. You know if it’s a problem I’ll just switch back to stock diffs if that even possible. I’ll have to look more into the info of this truck a little closer!

The disassembly/assembly is almost identical to the "normal" diffs. Just be careful with the rubber gaskets. I usually put them on the diff case side and then put the spur gear over it and screw the screws back in. With these diffs this is almost impossible. You need to put the rubber gasket on the spur gear side below the new slip parts. And after that you can reassemble the diff like always. If you do it the wrong way round you will most certainly end up ripping the gasket apart :)

A cool idea would be Arrma to include both sets of diffs, I can see where limited slip might not be what someone wants. Curious how it would hold up in a basher setting, because if friction based they could wear down pretty quickly in the right conditions. Also curious how they will hold up to wheelies and ballooning tires.

A cool idea would be Arrma to include both sets of diffs, I can see where limited slip might not be what someone wants. Curious how it would hold up in a basher setting, because if friction based they could wear down pretty quickly in the right conditions. Also curious how they will hold up to wheelies and ballooning tires.
If you don't want the limited slip, you can just take those three/six parts out and replace them with washers. That's actually how the rear diff comes stock.

If you don't want the limited slip, you can just take those three/six parts out and replace them with washers. That's actually how the rear diff comes stock.
This is the most info we got on the new stuff! Thanks for keeping us informed. Can’t wait to get my hands on mine and play with all the new stuff in person ??

I will pass , Eric already has HR diff cases on his and a rear M2C brace , haha enuff said ?

I will pass , Eric already has HR diff cases on his and a rear M2C brace , haha enuff said ?

I thought I saw HR cases on that! I believe his explanation of the replacement brace, though....I mean nothing is going to be 100% indestructible.

Now, in my case, Im possibly looking for a second Kraton....the EBR makes a whole lot more sense than a new V4. And no offense to those selling, it makes more sense than buying a used V3 or V4 at this point, unless they are upgraded to the moon.

Off topic: Can anyone confirm release date to the public?

Did you see the crash which broke the rear gearbox and schreded the brace screw? A huge bad landing on the rear end from very high, any other cars would have broke also. Why did he put the M2C brace? He said that the EXB brace isn't the problem but not available yet. We can imagine the result with a Kraton V4, this wouldn't have been a gearbox and a chassis brace only.

Off topic: Can anyone confirm release date to the public?

I have sent an email to horizon EU, not answer yet. On a french shop they have put july 31.

Last edited:
Did you see the crash which broke the rear gearbox and schreded the brace screw? A huge bad landing on the rear end from very high, any other cars would have broke also. Why did he put the M2C brace? He said that the EXB brace isn't the problem but not available yet. We can imagine the result with a Kraton V4, this wouldn't have been a gearbox and a chassis brace only.

I have sent an email to horizon EU, not answer yet. On a french shop they have put july 31.
That was a HUGE jump, with a bad landing. Shearing a bolt in the brace and cracking a diff case sounds like he got off easy. A stock V4 (or most other RTR Truggies) and he would have needed a broom to sweep up the pieces...

well , i was gonna wait for the typhon version , but i cant ,my local hobby shop says he`ll have them in august , i`m in the uk . i can not wait

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back