Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's always Team Corally ?

The French Corally "ambassador" ( he received the Kronos for free, did an interview with Corally, and received some upgraded parts that he must don't talk about yet ) say himself that the a-arms are less strong than arrma, that he brake often the front brace, he have done an homemade one because there is not upgrade yet, but if you don't have this brace, then you will brake the steering upper plate, which also break often on the buggy. He showed that the diff. out drives are wear out like butter, but for him it isn't an issue.... He also mentionned the wing mount which break. On same point he agree to say that the Kronos isn't as solid than the Kraton, but he still able say that the Kronos is the best chassis he has :wacky: ?‍♂️:ROFLMAO:. Be a brand partner and you start to say crazy things.

Corally works on upgrades, still, customers still wait them. Arrma did upgrades for the K8S faster than Corally try to do for the Kronos. But imo they arrived too late in the game. Arrma did have the time to improve their chassis to be strong and affordable as RTR, Corally just start to do this, Arrma will always be forward. And with this EXB, Corally is even more far behind. The "ambassador" is also able to say that the EXB is too expensive and that we don't need to put this price for bashing...what a joke.

The last time i watched a Kronos video, corally put in the description that this car is the more tough on the planet :wacky::ROFLMAO:
crazy corally.JPG

Last edited:
Does someone know why the EXB center diff doesn't list the Typhon (or the Infraction etc) as supperted?

I see no reason why it shouldnt be a direct fit.
The Infraction and Typhon center diffs are 46T and not 50T.

Does someone know why the EXB center diff doesn't list the Typhon (or the Infraction etc) as supperted?

I see no reason why it shouldnt be a direct fit.

I also don't see why as both the Outcast/Noto and typhon use the same chassis plate, so the same holes distances for the diff. mount as for the hole to let room for the spur. And same for the dog bone which are same than the Outcast and fit the new diff. out drive.

Maybe they don't listed the diff. as EXB option for the Typhon because they less see the interest of it for the buggy? It is same for the front and rear diff. also, not listed for the Typhon, but imo, they obviously fit as well as all the 1/8 use the same gearboxes.

Imo the EXB diff. are more for the cars with big wheels, as they add way more stress to the drive train.

not to be a vulture or anything but my. missus is looking for a typhon...... ?
Ahem... *waves" bye bye my ?. Eating ramen ? for the next 6 weeks to make the budget work. Luckily I have electronics to throw at it already. Maybe I will sell one of my granites, or my 3s Typhon... Or my modded voltage.. or all of them.. ???
not to be a vulture or anything ?? but my missus is looking for a second hand typhon 3s.....

The Infraction and Typhon center diffs are 46T and not 50T.
You're right about the Infraction, but the Typhon is 50T.
Maybe they don't listed the diff. as EXB option for the Typhon because they less see the interest of it for the buggy? It is same for the front and rear diff. also, not listed for the Typhon, but imo, they obviously fit as well as all the 1/8 use the same gearboxes.
No, the front/rear diffs are different, the Typhon is streight cut gears and a different ratio between the pinion/crown gear, so i understand why it doesn't fit the Typhon, but the center? i still don't understand.

No, the front/rear diffs are different, the Typhon is streight cut gears and a different ratio between the pinion/crown gear, so i understand why it doesn't fit the Typhon, but the center? i still don't understand.
Ah ok my bad, then the center diff should fit without any issues, I think. But as you said the F/R diff input gears are different on them so unless they come out with 13t pinion input gear (I'm pretty sure they will) you can't use them.

I agree about the different gear ratio on front and rear diff, as for the teeth shape, but put the GP4 input gear and it will fit...You will have to put a bigger motor pinion to keep the same final ratio.

So, if we keep the ratio in mind, we can guess they don't put the EXB center diff. as an option for the Typhon because of the drive train final ratio. All these EXB parts can fit in the typhon obvioulsy as they all share the same differentials supports, only the ratio will be different. I haven't took the time to calculate the size of the motor pinion to reach the same final ratio with all the EXB diff. in the typhon, maybe it would be too big for the motor mount? The result will be also a drive train which run faster for reaching the same speed, faster, so less durable, but as the EXB teeth should be more durable...But if it is only for the center diff. it should be less an issue.

Last edited:
So, if we keep the ratio in mind, we can guess they don't put the EXB center diff. as an option for the Typhon because of the drive train final ratio.
But again, this (different gear ratio) is true only for the front&rear diffs, the center diff however is the same ratio between the Typhon and the Kraton, so logic says that the center diff should be compatible with the Typhon without issue. but Arrma says it's not.

The only plausible explanation i have is that they plan a different parts for the future typhon, maybe shift it to use the 46T spur, and to compensate the extra gearing - use the Kraton front/rear diffs? i don't know..

I did a short run on the numbers, and it seems that the Typhon can retain the same gearing ratio by moving to the Kraton EXB diffs, but compensate with the 46T spur and move to a 17T pinion (from 14). Can someone think of a pro/con of moving to this setup?

But again, this (different gear ratio) is true only for the front&rear diffs, the center diff however is the same ratio between the Typhon and the Kraton, so logic says that the center diff should be compatible with the Typhon without issue. but Arrma says it's not.

The only plausible explanation i have is that they plan a different parts for the future typhon, maybe shift it to use the 46T spur, and to compensate the extra gearing - use the Kraton front/rear diffs? i don't know..

I did a short run on the numbers, and it seems that the Typhon can retain the same gearing ratio by moving to the Kraton EXB diffs, but compensate with the 46T spur and move to a 17T pinion (from 14). Can someone think of a pro/con of moving to this setup?

Oh yes, they all use 50T spur gear. So yes, the EXB center diff. is really not a problem for the Typhon imo.

The only con i see by using the front and rear Kraton/noto diff. in the typhon is that the drive train will run more fast, so it will wear out more fast.

I think the Typhon not being listed is an oversight due to the fact the F/R are straight cut. The center obviously is the same spur tho.

I think the Typhon not being listed is an oversight due to the fact the F/R are straight cut. The center obviously is the same spur tho.

It is the same spur by the number of teeth. But from what i see the spur isn't exactly the same. It look like there is a more deep area to let room for the limited slip system. But in the end, it still fit in the diff. support.

exb spur.JPG

It is the same spur by the number of teeth. But from what i see the spur isn't exactly the same. It look like there is a more deep area to let room for the limited slip system. But in the end, it still fit in the diff. support.

View attachment 89218
They all use the same motor mount tho. ??‍♂️

Exact, that's why the EXB diff. fit in any 1/8 arrma. But i don't think the EXB spur will be a direct fit to "standard" diff. case and vice versa.
Yeah that makes sense and is almost obvious to me. I don’t think we were saying the Typhon CD is the same as the EXB CD. We were comparing the Typhon CD with the other 6S CD (K6S OC6S Noto Talion Mojave Senton)

Anyone here planning on converting their new EXB Kraton into an Outcast/Notorious on day one..??

I will keep it as a Kraton. I wouldn't be suprised to see an Outcast/Noto EXB soon, if the Kraton EXB has a good success. They only need to assemble it as they will have all the parts already.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back