Kraton frame bent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwr5033

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys, I just got my Kraton in December and have been bashing around a lot. I have hot racing frame braces and did install a tower to tower brace. I was driving in a new spot and drove at speed into my periferial vision, not seeing a big concrete step there and went head on into it. Broke my Tbone front bumber clean off, but no other real damage to report. That was until I go to replace the bumper, now I'm noticimf that I think I bent the frame up pretty good. I just want to check and make sure this isn't supposed to be bent before I go trying to straighten it out.

Attachments

• 16D13B0F-CA83-4839-A7F4-9FC3CADF6985.jpeg
    16D13B0F-CA83-4839-A7F4-9FC3CADF6985.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 250
  • CEAFDBBF-6E2C-41F5-A807-4DE54A4F04AF.jpeg
    CEAFDBBF-6E2C-41F5-A807-4DE54A4F04AF.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 212
it is like that new... you are good if the pic with the ruler is the latest pic... they first one doesn't look good though...

Oh ouch.

I know it's supposed to be bent up a little bit but I can't really tell if yours is bent too far without looking at mine. I'm not home right now so I can't really check. But it does kind of look like its bent too far.
But thinking about it a little more I would think that with a t2t brace that something in the rear would have bent as well.

if the front chassis brace doesn't bolt down without bending the car then its bent... if it is a clean fit then it prob is ok... everytime i bend something bad the chassis braces don't go back in for shi!t...

Wow you guys are fast! Ruler pic is the latest pic. Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear it's supposed to be bent up (and glad I came here to check!). I'll take off the front chassis brace and make sure it fits back in without being forced, but I'm thinking I'm okay....somehow. It was a damn hard hit, and if the only thing broken was the warrantied bumper, the I'm okay with that and it tells me the upgrades I did were 100% worth it.

I think you are alright. I have that bumper on my Kraton, and she looks like this...

Also, did you run the Kraton at speed in your peripheral vision into that scale ruler too?

Attachments

• BE6A53A2-C95C-46C1-85AE-7480834EC1F9.jpeg
    BE6A53A2-C95C-46C1-85AE-7480834EC1F9.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 86
  • 2F53E9FD-CEE8-4C7D-8C06-EA25D65B7BF6.jpeg
    2F53E9FD-CEE8-4C7D-8C06-EA25D65B7BF6.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 89
That would have been pretty ugly without the tbone. Check that front dif housing over for cracks around mounting locations and hardware and the rear as well since you are running a t to t.
+1 on this. When I lawn darted my outcast, it seemed fine until I was doing some work on it to replace the steering post bushing with bearings and found that both the little tabs on the bulkhead that attach to the steering top plate were snapped off.

+1 on this. When I lawn darted my outcast, it seemed fine until I was doing some work on it to replace the steering post bushing with bearings and found that both the little tabs on the bulkhead that attach to the steering top plate were snapped off.
Same for me, went to change out something and those little tabs were both snapped off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back