Kraton Kraton gearbox sealing problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ombretuti

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi
I bought a kraton v3 two month ago.
I used it in a sand mine mostly. After fifteen batteries, there was a loud cracking sound from the rear differential. After disassembling, the gearbox was full of sand, and the main diff gear has two worn teeth, and the input gear seems worn too. It was factory state, I have never opened it.
Last week when I changed the oil in the front diff, there was no wear in the gears, but there was some sands in the front gearbox too. So there is no other reason to this wearing then sands.
How can I seal the gearbox so sands cant reach the inside?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20180704_070223.jpg
    20180704_070223.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 20180704_070337.jpg
    20180704_070337.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 85
I just purchased one. Hoping to receive it Friday. Did you buy anything tires etc for beach playing ?

RPM a-arms, rear mudguards, and bumper. After many long jumps, the plastic parts still hold, but sand is bad for metal parts.

I'm going to make a gasket for between where the gearbox and the chassis. I'm still trying to figure out which material to use. I notice particles in the gearbox when I do maintenance. I'm sure water gets in there also. Maybe you could try to seal the crack between the chassis and the gearbox with some sort of plastidip.

Same problem running my Talion at the beach. I too now apply gear grease with a Q-tip along all the mating edges of the gear case cover and around the outdrive cups and bearings.

I changed the bearings for a rubber sealed one. Because the sands can reach inside through the factory bearings. And after 10 battery I usually clean the diff house. But i mostly use the car in a sand mine. Its not good for the metal parts. But the plastics never broke.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back