Kraton Kraton GPM Bevel &Pinion gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gears are straight cut not spiral cut.
No one that I know of has been brave enough to try them.
GPM parts are hit or miss. Diff cups so far seem to be the best thing they make, however I have seen a few guys that have had the gears eat the inside of the diff cup. @Reubydoobe had his do it.

Everyone is running stock gears and happy!?
I am having horrible luck with mine, stripping ring gears all the time...not sure what to do at this point.

Everyone is running stock gears and happy!?
I am having horrible luck with mine, stripping ring gears all the time...not sure what to do at this point.
I'm running stock gears and only ring a s crown gear I have lost in the past year and a half was from a bearing going bad.
There are a few things that can cause issues, improper shimming, too big tires, too heavy weight oil in the diffs or defects in the diff case.

FYI the gpm gears are spiral cut not straight as mention. Their website has pictures of them. They are not cheap though. I can get a whole assembled diff from JRC for the price of just the gears...

FYI the gpm gears are spiral cut not straight as mention. Their website has pictures of them. They are not cheap though. I can get a whole assembled diff from JRC for the price of just the gears...
Unless they updated the pictures the ones I saw were straight cut. And knowing the quality of their other parts I just don't trust them.

b_mak1043ts_SUB_1.jpg
b_mak1043ts_SUB_2.jpg
b_mak1043ts_SUB_3.jpg
b_mak1043ts_SUB_4.jpg

Don't want to barge in on this thread, but is everyone here shimming the outside of the bearing on the crown side? Newer models already have these installed, but older versions did not. 13 x 16 x 0.15. One seems to do the trick to keep the crown pressed into the pinion. Also, if the pinion is still on original bearings, there could be a lot of play.

Attachments

• IMG_20190323_072127.jpg
    IMG_20190323_072127.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 121
Im going to go out on a limb and say these things are not very good. I haven't even seen an Arrma crown gear stripped that bad.
$_32.jpg

Don't want to barge in on this thread, but is everyone here shimming the outside of the bearing on the crown side? Newer models already have these installed, but older versions did not. 13 x 16 x 0.15. One seems to do the trick to keep the crown pressed into the pinion. Also, if the pinion is still on original bearings, there could be a lot of play.
what the heck is in your gearbox dirt lol

I'm talking about this brown grey stuff all over your diff case is that dirt lol
That's not mine lol! I think that's the OP's dif case. Mine are shiny with just a touch of grease. ?
I'm talking about this brown grey stuff all over your diff case is that dirt lol
Wait, how did that photo get attached to my post? Wasn't me @martysmith223
That's not mine lol! I think that's the OP's dif case. Mine are shiny with just a touch of grease. ?

Wait again! I think I "borrowed" that pic from the interwebs to point out where the shim went that I was talking about. Excuse: I'm old

Last edited:

Wait again! I think I "borrowed" that pic from the interwebs to point out where the shim went that I was talking about. Excuse: I'm old
I feel bad for anyone's diff looking like that lol wtf that's that dirty lube special

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back