Kraton Kraton Hobbywing Max8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerljj1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
image.png
image.png
Any thoughts on this? New to Arrma and have been looking for a Kraton. Not sure what Max8 is but seller and I spoke and he was rattling off specs. Only used to test new mods but now has to sell. He's in San Fransisco and turns out I'm headed there Sunday. He stated he's more than happy for me to check it out as he's holding it for me.

Thx!

Max 8- is an ESC-it is the power plant of the vehicle. Electronic Speed Control

As far as the Kraton, You can get a new one from Tower Hobbies for $425 shipped with warranty when in stock. The BLX 200 esc that comes in the Arrma Nero is a less programable Hobbywing Max8 built for Arrma. They are 150amp water proof powerful escs. The stock Kraton has an esc built by Hobbywing that is also 150amp but a little less frills, it is a WP 150 BL. I believe. The setup in the picture appears to be a combo with a 2200kv motor compared to the 2050 that come stock, less torque and more top end but can be geared either way. It sells for about $190 on eBay

In my opinion, not a bad deal with the batteries pictured. The motor and esc are superior to stock. If it is like new I would consider. However, you won't see that much difference in performance and you can get it new with warranty for less.

A win either way

Good luck and let us know how it works out

Thank you Jlolley! He is also throwing in an extra new body. This Kraton has upgraded front bumper, wheelie bar, and updated rear wing and 6s battery. He sent me pics and has receipts. My dilemma is there are no Kratons available anywhere and now Tower Hobbies is saying they 'think' now late July. Need to pick one up and get used to it as my son and I are driving (road trip) to Portland (to visit my buddy and his son who run Losi's) early August.

I agree... Go for it. Even better with extras. You will both love it

image_LI.jpg

Is that an upgraded servo as well? Looks to be, along with a BEC soldered to the battery leads under the electrical tape.

Yes. I assume that's good.
I 'd like to assume any upgrade is good XD
You should ask which servo it is; I am curious as well!

Good price. I got mine with an upgraded motor, esc, transmitter, receiver, wheelie bar, and a few other little things for $500, and that was a really sweet deal.

Yeah that looks like a good deal to me. If you have the chance to test before buying I would be all over it.

Ad description:

Arrma Kraton V2 with hobbywing Max8 system, upgraded high voltage servo(digital high torque), hot racing aluminum center diff mount, outcast wheelie bar, Tekno 16t pinion, outcast partial front bumper, black single esc XT90 connector, 6s battery and remote is included. This Kraton has MAX8 MONSTER POWER! Wheelies on demand! 2-3 test runs on pavement only. Required: 6s lipo charger.

I've have been in the hobby 20+ years. Any upgrades or alterations were professionally done by me :) Thanks for looking. Happy bidding

I was just looking at this Kraton a few days ago. I would've jumped on this had I not already bought one back in May. Mine is a V1 that came with all original electronics. Changed out the esc for a Max 8 and the motor for a Leopard 4092.

Nice! Picking up my 'like new' Kraton tomorrow from 'new' buddy that is selling his. Going to buy his charger and power supply as well. He is throwing in a bunch of goodies he stated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back