Kraton Hot Racing bulkheads question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I was curious if anybody had experiences with the hot racing bulkheads for the kraton. What are the pros and cons if any and how is the gear mesh? Does it require more than one shim and how do they work with the hot racing diff cups? information would be helpful thank you.

There really are no cons. I run the hr main bulkheads front/rear, full center with channel motor mount, and diff cups for all 3x diffs. They keep everything nice and secure. All diffs are fully shimmed and input shaft/pinion for each front/rear diffs are also shimmed.

Without all these pieces together I believe the diffs would have grenaded with the power of my tp 4070cm 2200kv motor on 6s graphene bricks.

I just picked up the hr bulkhead covers to go along with the main bulkheads; I couldn’t seem to find them when I first built out my tomahawk Kraton. So now I have them for my senton build as well.
161919.jpg

hraaon12e01.jpg

D0873CA3-8B15-420C-8958-5F63CF4B61DA.jpeg
9C3B2167-6F1A-484A-AFEB-D0FA65551756.jpeg
5956D931-1ACC-4092-A62E-5AB574F30BCB.jpeg
E30DFE28-2C6C-4D2A-90E9-CDBF6D264F46.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! I have the HR diff cups and shimmed on all three diffs. But I feel there is some flex with plastic bulkheads (gearbox) and it creates issues with gear mesh inconsistencies. So I wanted to try the hot racing ones due to being aluminum instead of plastic.

There really are no cons. I run the hr main bulkheads front/rear, full center with channel motor mount, and diff cups for all 3x diffs. They keep everything nice and secure. All diffs are fully shimmed and input shaft/pinion for each front/rear diffs are also shimmed.

Without all these pieces together I believe the diffs would have grenaded with the power of my tp 4070cm 2200kv motor on 6s graphene bricks.

I just picked up the hr bulkhead covers to go along with the main bulkheads; I couldn’t seem to find them when I first built out my tomahawk Kraton. So now I have them for my senton build as well.

what do you shim the input gear with i need that

Last edited:
Mugen 0206 shim set includes all of the shims required besides the thin shim on left side of bearing which is Tekno.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/401103108196

TEKNO RC LLC 13x16x.1mm, Diff Shims (10)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F8OQ2NC/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_iylRBb12C4EWP

I use 2-1, 2-1 method behind each set of the planetary gear cross sets.

@Rich Duperbash has a good video of process:

@Thomas P also has a good video of process:

That's not what I'm talking about, does anyone shim the crown gear. I want to shim mine but none of the listed washers will fit the crown shaft

I don’t recall that I have added a shim on the inside of the bulkhead case for the input shaft/pinion gear to push it closer to the diff cup/crown gear.

Check 45 second mark in this video though for useable shim for this location:

Hi

These are the shim kits you should be looking at, best bang for your buck. Most of these come in 10, 30, or 40 shims per pack, just be sure to read the descriptions.

3Racing Shim kits

Last edited:
I don’t recall that I have added a shim on the inside of the bulkhead case for the input shaft/pinion gear to push it closer to the diff cup/crown gear.

Check 45 second mark in this video though for useable shim for this location:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/shim-8-12-0-3mm.html

Is this the correct size? These are not in stock so might have to look for them elsewhere. Plus I wonder if I should try getting some thinner ones as well because in his next video some comments were saying it was too tight

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back