Talion Kraton in, still waiting for Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCROD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Finally, my new Kraton came in before the weekend and my new Talion should be here hopefully in a couple of days. I was able to get my Kraton out for 1 good battery run on Saturday, in between all the rain. Unfortunately a great new bashing spot that I have nearby is washed out, so I had to go to another area. Some of these driving pics are definitely a bit wimpy, but hey, it was the only (kinda) jump there, and since this was my 1st time driving an Aarma RC and also my 1st time trying 6S, I didn't want to crash and burn on my very 1st run. I must say though, one impressive machine. It definitely feels well built and durable and "GOES LIKE STINK". Can't wait for my new Talion to arrive. GO AARMA GO!

IMG_2635.JPG
IMG_2636.JPG
IMG_2633.JPG
IMG_2653.JPG
IMG_2662.JPG
IMG_2654.JPG

Last edited:
I like it, wasting no time to have a lot of fun! Enjoy @RCROD
Thanks WoodiE. For an RTR, it is one heck of a machine. 6S power is addictive and I see many fun days ahead. I sure hope with everything going on, Arrma will be around for a very long time, as years ago, we could only dream of an RTR being this good...

I've heard some talk about the Kraton not having enough ground clearance, but for a truggy, it has a lot of clearance. The Kraton is a close to mixing a truggy with a monster truck as possible. Here is a pic to show the ground clearance compared to my very large Rival MT (which has stiffer springs & sits quite high). The lowest center of Gravity on MT's is the bottom of the front & rear chassis plates, and as you can see, the difference is not much at all. I have not even adjusted the height on my new V3 Kraton, as it sits & rides great out of the box. Furthermore, my Kraton will even have more ground clearance when I put the taller (6.8") Backflip tires on.

IMG_2672.JPG

This is an earlier pic of my Kraton before bashing it. If you look closely, you can see the gap between the outcast dirt guards & the wheel well (or the side of the body shell). The Outcast guards provide the Kraton with a lot of protection from dirt, rocks, etc, but I noticed they still allowed more debris into the inside of the chassis than I wanted.

IMG_2669.JPG

Here's a couple of pics after I modified the front dirt guards, somewhat. I had some clear plastic (was a bit too flexible though), and made some small extensions on the sides of the Outcast mud guards. To do this, I over-lapped the plastic placing it against the guard, then traced the exact curve of the sides of the guards onto the clear plastic. I then removed it, cutting along this same curvature line. This ensured a good tight fit against the side of the Outcast guards & for now, I just used GoriIla tape on both sides to attach the plastic mud guard extensions I made. Although the plastic I used was a bit too flexible and I'm just using tape to attach for now, the extensions are not big, and the fitment is very tight, so probably why they have held up so well. I've tested them 3x already, and was surprised how clean the inside of my chassis is now. I also covered up the most of the hole on the Outcast dirt guards that's opposite to the side of the servo (one side is cut out for the steering arm opening, but why didn't Arrma cover the hole on the other side, obviously cheaper to manufacture I guess?) The test is now over, they work well. Now time to get rid of these hokey ones (can use as templates) & make some proper ones using thicker black plastic and gluing to the sides of the Outcast guards instead of a welfare trailer park fix. LOL

IMG_2750.JPGIMG_2752.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back