Kraton Kraton Issue - ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brker

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
After resetting and setting the ESC multiple times referencing online documentation in addition to pages 27/28 in the manual, reverse will not work. It will work very sporadically, often when unexpected. Also, after turning it on the red light continuously blinks sometimes never shutting off. I then need to shut it off and turn it back on. Other times, I can wait 30-60 seconds and it starts to work. I even had the a local store look at it last week.

I spoke with Arrma support today who has stated they believe it to be defective. I emailed them a copy of my receipt and a description as to what is going on.

I received a reply stating "If you believe this product to be defective, please send it to us with a copy
of the receipt and a brief letter describing the problems. Our technicians will
inspect the product and determine the best course of action." I already sent them a copy of the receipt, and the Kraton is 2 weeks old (not 2 years old). As soon as I send them the ESC i'm out of commission for at least 3-4 weeks. Anyone else see a problem with this? (The folks at Arrma were very polite, but politeness didn't produce a resolution)

Also, what ESC should I purchase if i do send this back? I'll upgrade and have this as a backup if they replace it.

Make sure the trim settings on your controller are set in the middle when you bind or reset the esc. Go into programming mode on your esc and make sure it is set to forward AND reverse as there is a setting that disables reverse. Make sure all wires are plugged in correctly. It sounds like the throttle trim on the remote is not centered when you power it up. Were you able to set the fail safe?

The trim was centered. Set the fail safe? That is new to me, let me look that up. Willing to try anything. I'll also check the wires, but the car does work its just takes a few times to get going. Thanks SUB

I don't think failsafe has anything to do with reverse problems.
Have you tried to do the throttle setup?
That sets the neutral, full throttle and reverse points. It is a small chapter in the manual.
It worked for me.

Watched a few video's on youtube and got it working yesterday. I tried tonight and its not working again. This video was a good step by step - very helpful.

I may bite the bullet at send it in - not sure yet.

There is a slight chance that it could be your transmitter too. Do you have another receiver and transmitter that you can test it with?

If you do get an esc go with a Hobbywing Max8 and the Hobbywing program card.

I do not. I'm leaving it alone for now. I break this thing every week so eventually I'll be forced to replace the esc (probably soon)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back