Kraton Kraton leopard 1480kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dman0712

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Installed leopard 4092 1480kv motor in my v3 kraton using stock blx 185 esc. Ive been playing with gearing and just wondering if someone has a similar setup. I only run on 6s. I currently am running a robinson racing 20t pinion and stock spur. My phone app gps says 47 mph on pavement and it gets there like now. Does that seem about right? Love the torque! Pretty much any speed a half throttle blip makes it stand straight up. Just wondering if anyone has similar setup and is running a higher gear? I tried a 15 and it was getting quite warm. Ive been thinking about trying a 22 or 23. I also want to take into consideration that im running stock tires and they suck for traction so i would like to upgrade to maybe some proline trenchers or something of that nature. I already upgraded servo so it should be able to swing some meats. I just don't want heat issues as i run mostly offroad. Thanks, Dave

This is just my way of doing this, but for every 100kv difference from stock, l change the pinion by roughly 1 tooth. For example.....

Stock Talion, 15t option pinion, 2050kv motor....motor changed to a 1600kv, went up 4 teeth to a 19t pinion.

Stock Talion, 15t option pinion, 2050kv motor....motor changed to a 2200kv, went down 2 teeth to a 13t pinion.

Stock Kraton, 14t option pinion, 2050kv motor....motor changed to a 1730kv, went up 3 teeth to a 17t pinion.

With this in mind and your set-up, I'd personally run a 19t. This formula works great for me but might not for yourself or others.

This is just my way of doing this, but for every 100kv difference from stock, l change the pinion by roughly 1 tooth. For example.....

Stock Talion, 15t option pinion, 2050kv motor....motor changed to a 1600kv, went up 4 teeth to a 19t pinion.

Stock Talion, 15t option pinion, 2050kv motor....motor changed to a 2200kv, went down 2 teeth to a 13t pinion.

Stock Kraton, 14t option pinion, 2050kv motor....motor changed to a 1730kv, went up 3 teeth to a 17t pinion.

With this in mind and your set-up, I'd personally run a 19t. This formula works great for me but might not for yourself or others.
Damn. I dropped 1100kv in one of my trucks. Stock is 9t. So a 20?
I put a 16 in it and it rips. Maybe I'll try an 18.

Damn. I dropped 1100kv in one of my trucks. Stock is 9t. So a 20?
I put a 16 in it and it rips. Maybe I'll try an 18.
I was running a 930kv in a Talion and by the formula l use, a 26t pinion is what l should run. However, the maximum pinion you can fit without modifying the motor mount is a 24t so l went with that. After going through a 5000mah 6s lipo, all temperatures were fine and the car was a blast to drive. Because of the temps l was reaching, I'd be more than happy to move up to a 25t if it was possible. The formula l use is just a guide.....it aint perfect.....but works for me.

I was running a 930kv in a Talion and by the formula l use, a 26t pinion is what l should run. However, the maximum pinion you can fit without modifying the motor mount is a 24t so l went with that. After going through a 5000mah 6s lipo, all temperatures were fine and the car was a blast to drive. Because of the temps l was reaching, I'd be more than happy to move up to a 25t if it was possible. The formula l use is just a guide.....it aint perfect.....but works for me.
Seems like good info as a general gauge as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back