Kraton Kraton meets concrete curb at 50mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason, hows it going? Hope you keep posting pictures as you recover this beast. This was an epic crash, so would love to see the journey on how you're fixing it.

Also, your nylon nuts look study. (thats what she said). did you end up getting those from M2C? or elsewhere?

Jason, hows it going? Hope you keep posting pictures as you recover this beast. This was an epic crash, so would love to see the journey on how you're fixing it.

Also, your nylon nuts look study. (thats what she said). did you end up getting those from M2C? or elsewhere?
Yeah the nuts came with the hinge block/pin kits. Has far as progress goes, I haven't touched it since the day I smashed her up. After sinking $400 or $500 (I lost count) into it. I haven't felt like throwing anymore ? at it. I've been running my other cars. I'll post some pictures of the rebuild.

Jason, have you thought about just getting an EXB and moving your parts over?

for someone like me, that would have been the better move.
I had to buy so much stuff for my front end crash that the total “repair” (upgrade) cost me $470 bucks.

but I only really broke $23 worth of stuff.

I just think this is going to be an onion repair..

your going to find broken parts in the back, to bent stuff as the energy dispersed on impact.
I mean, you chose to spend all that extra money, doesn't mean just upgrading to the EXB is the best option for everyone because you decided to spend so much.

I just paid $600 for my Kraton. If I broke $25 in parts, I'm probably just going to buy those parts and keep going. I'm not gonna spend an extra $400 and then say "should have just bought another car lol"

I mean, you chose to spend all that extra money, doesn't mean just upgrading to the EXB is the best option for everyone because you decided to spend so much.

I just paid $600 for my Kraton. If I broke $25 in parts, I'm probably just going to buy those parts and keep going. I'm not gonna spend an extra $400 and then say "should have just bought another car lol"
agree.. but its never ending. reading through the forums it seems like most members are over 400 bucks in upgrades with the very best like jasons that are net over 1000 bucks.

Looking at Jasons damage, god knows what else he broke, i've only been here a year but have read a ton of pasts posts, breaking a bumper and snapping an m2c isn't easy to do. :)

he'll ultimately make the right decision for him, but for me, its a no brainer. starting with a EXB baseline and moving my electronics over would be more enjoyment on the street, than on the bench.

Last edited:
How’s the rear end?
car crash GIF
Me when my Kraton 4S met a curb. Good luck fixing that beast. At least you have a great chassis that held up well. Otherwise you'd really be feeling pain from the price of parts.
When I smashed my Talion into a Maple Tree, I hit so hard it twisted the front Drive Shaft as well. Talk about the losers roll of shame. Ended up costing me 175.00 for Parts and labour because I'm unable to do fine skill stuff any longer. My shops good and cut me a break, Chassis ani't cheap.

Last edited:
Lol I can tell you had a basher bumper installed on and it wadded that up like clay. I agree no bumper would have survived.

Nice carnage. We never want it to happen but after it does we are still amazed at the durability and happy to fix it. Imo crashing is way better than blowing diffs for no reason.

Nasty ! Hope the curb survived
Since you were worried about the curb. Here's a few photos 🤣. I'd say it's alright It has a little RPM plastic embedded into it now. In my defense that curb was hard to see from where I was standing...

20201222_161329.jpg

20201222_161312.jpg

Screenshot_20210208-202907_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210208-202820_Gallery.jpg

wow! poor curb and truck! im suprised the curb didn't chip/crack with the metal chassis! that's crazy!

i feel like noways curbs are every RC'ers worst enemy because a few months ago i was runnin' my granite down the driveway at full throttle in the rain and i lost traction, went sliding sideways and my right rear wheel clipped a curb and it cracked the rim and the wheel is a little crooked but it works for now :ROFLMAO:

#arrmatough

I just hate it when them damn curbs won’t stay where you last saw them. It’s so damn inconsiderate of them to
Run in front of an RC car at Speed.
some might go as far to say it’s damn right rude.
#Nasty curb .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back