Kraton Kraton metal upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Was looking for a few metal upgrade parts - also some dirt guards. I saw somewhere here that there's an aluminum center post and if there's shock caps, etc.

If anyone knows anywhere - a link would be appreciated.

Happy Bashing Brothers !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 88
GKA makes the servo mount and chassis braces, think thats about all there is.
In my opinnion, metal parts only weaken the next link in the chain.
ex; change the a-arm to aluminum and it ends up putting more stress on the next part like the bulkheads or diff mounts.

RC8T mud gaurs work as well. had to drill 2 holes but they worked out great.

Attachments

• IMG_20160909_221153-1.jpg
    IMG_20160909_221153-1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 111
ex; change the a-arm to aluminum and it ends up putting more stress on the next part like the bulkheads or diff mounts.

Extremely good point. There are always consequences. They seem to really put metal in the right places that's for sure.

Just installed the GKA braces and servo mount next up, servo upgrade then she will be good for while hopefully. Note to self: adjust servo saver it's a tad tight stripped 2nd set of gears today with the trenches on her. Will pick up another set from lhs and rebuild it but with the new mount I want a new servo, may go with the same one that's in the Arrma Nero. 444oz/in Savox.... I think that should be good then. I recommend the braces especially since they look so nice and were a easy quick install. And I did a center diff mount upgrade, cut a motor mount in half and used it to hold center diff, seems to be working just fine. Car rips with tooth pinion on 4s can't use 6s with the the trenches but on 4s they are not bad. I run a 6500mah 65c 4s smc hard case lipo. It hauls ass and will wheelie on command. I would never use aluminum arms unless I planned on never running it.

Kraton caps already are aluminum, for shock Springs I run tekno orange 90mm front and rear 60wt front 70wt rear oil, preload 1/4 ish way down in front and all the way down in the rear.

20160908_225231.jpg

received_10209080689446686.jpeg

received_10209080691246731.jpeg

I must say - took the trucks out about four times this weekend and all jumping. Kart wheels , landing on the wheelie bar, tumbles etc. all that happened was a shock pop out and steering arm pop out on the Kraton. The Nero? A freakin brick. No trouble at all. It's the most solid truck I've EVER had hands down. Very impressed. I am sticking with ARRMA period. Going to look at a buggie or Senton BLX - anyone know which one is bigger? I cleaned out a storage room in the basement this weekend and painted and carpeted - will be my new pc room for battlefield ONE / Arrma Den. Will build shelves for the 1/8 scales.

The Nero dirt guards for the rear wheels do fit on the Kraton.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 114

I totally agree but I'd say if I were to upgrade something it be the diff housing. Question is do they make one out of aluminum? The shock tower is bolted up to it and seems to take a massive amount of stress due to this.

Was looking for a few metal upgrade parts - also some dirt guards. I saw somewhere here that there's an aluminum center post and if there's shock caps, etc.

If anyone knows anywhere - a link would be appreciated.

Happy Bashing Brothers !

I have tower to chassis braces and servo mount from GKA....really awesome! But there's something that makes it handle even better, aluminum tower to tower braces from Mike Foucart here on the forum. I really really recommend that upgrade ;) get all those pieces and you will get a sneak preview of nirvana :D

I used the de racing Rc8t mudguards also with the wide part on the wheel side and they work perfectly, no need to add screws!

I have tower to chassis braces and servo mount from GKA....really awesome! But there's something that makes it handle even better, aluminum tower to tower braces from Mike Foucart here on the forum. I really really recommend that upgrade ;) get all those pieces and you will get a sneak preview of nirvana :D

Where can I see these upgrades and how to order them?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back