Kraton motor and esc recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure man, I’ll post it on the thread whenever it arrives, it’s due by Friday, I just ordered everything yesterday , bought it off e bay so I’m hoping all is well but the guy has 100% feedback with quite a few transactions so I hope I’m good, I have had pretty good luck thus far
Just be sure to use rctalk... this forum is now arrma only.

Emaxx is a legendary truck and has a huge following. Shame it got discontinued. Can you send a few pictures of the truck and the extra stuff?
I wanted to build an Emaxx once until I saw the total of my shopping cart was $1,800.

I wanted to build an Emaxx once until I saw the total of my shopping cart was $1,800.
I sat here tonight and counted up what all I knew I got in the package dollar wise, I came up with about 1300$ worth of poop, if the 2 castle systems that come with that female dog are operational and the wheels and tires are good like they looked and I can use them on my other rc’s , that female dog could implode first run and I wouldn’t give a fiddlestick, lol

Emaxx is a legendary truck and has a huge following. Shame it got discontinued. Can you send a few pictures of the truck and the extra stuff?
@Peeeenuuutt Here is those pics of the E Maxx I bought off e bay you wanted pics of, got the whole lot for 450$ , 2 sets of those tires/rims are src brand belteds. You think I got a good deal? Turns out the extra esc is good but the motor isn’t. I called castle and they said if I wanted I could send that motor in and they would give me 40% off a new one.

Attachments

• C67E72BF-25A9-425C-984A-BA6237FE8AE1.jpeg
    C67E72BF-25A9-425C-984A-BA6237FE8AE1.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 5B51B6DD-5CEA-4FCE-B33E-68BE3C77C247.jpeg
    5B51B6DD-5CEA-4FCE-B33E-68BE3C77C247.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 44A9EDA2-8B42-4BA1-928A-0BB11CBCF316.jpeg
    44A9EDA2-8B42-4BA1-928A-0BB11CBCF316.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 87F838FE-98E4-48C0-9C96-F5A5A80B782B.jpeg
    87F838FE-98E4-48C0-9C96-F5A5A80B782B.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 48
She’s a beauty. That was a good deal you got there. Also a good deal by castle with the 40% off a new motor. Good stuff man, enjoy the truck... don’t drive the wheels off it, emaxxes were never that indestructible but they still were killer. I see it’s got a mamba monster 1. The most powerful 8th scale brushless system that has ever been built.

Few things to note... SRC wheels and tires are for the road and grass but no jumps... they will crack. Just keep that in mind and you’ll be good. Obviously small jumps are fine but anything over 5 feet of air and you’re starting to risk stuff.

If that extra mamba monster is fully functional and doesn’t have a loose motor terminal I’ll buy it if the price is right (but if I were you I’d stick it into another rig)

Last edited:
She’s a beauty. That was a good deal you got there. Also a good deal by castle with the 40% off a new motor. Good stuff man, enjoy the truck... don’t drive the wheels off it, emaxxes were never that indestructible but they still were killer. I see it’s got a mamba monster 1. The most powerful 8th scale brushless system that has ever been built.

Few things to note... SRC wheels and tires are for the road and grass but no jumps... they will crack. Just keep that in mind and you’ll be good. Obviously small jumps are fine but anything over 5 feet of air and you’re starting to risk stuff.

If that extra mamba monster is fully functional and doesn’t have a loose motor terminal I’ll buy it if the price is right (but if I were you I’d stick it into another rig)
Thanks man,I plugged a battery in and hooked it to a receiver and everything seemed to be in order, I’m going to test it out in my Talion, if I end up selling it I will give you first dibs.

Thanks man,I plugged a battery in and hooked it to a receiver and everything seemed to be in order, I’m going to test it out in my Talion, if I end up selling it I will give you first dibs.
Cool! It’d rip your talion apart lol!

Cool! It’d rip your talion apart lol!
@Peeeenuuutt Holy poop, no wider this damn o.g. Mamba monster system is your favorite. The truck came with Traxxas i.d. Lipos which I’m gonna sell cause I refuse to use brand specific charger and batts so we hadn’t ran the E Maxx yet and I was waiting to get my xt90’s soldered on. Well, I just swapped the connectors on the mamba esc to xt90’s and me and my son ran it for the first time and all I can say is HOLY poop!!!! This thing has gobs and gobs of power on demand and the operation of the throttle is so butter smooth. I know Traxxas gets a bad rap but so far after the first run this truck is a blast man!!!!! It’s almost fully upgraded now, I am going to do what I can to bullet proof the truck but I must say I am very impressed with the performance of this monster truck

Ok guys, I figured out the combos I will run in both my armma’s.

The kraton will get the hobbystar 1730kv with about a 20-22 tooth pinion with a mamba monster x esc

The Talion will just be getting a original Mamba Monster ESC and I will retain the stock motor for now, I’m really going to push the limits of this stock motor on some speed runs and general bashing as well but I forsee a Tekin motor or Tp motor for the Talion in the future

@Peeeenuuutt Holy poop, no wider this damn o.g. Mamba monster system is your favorite. The truck came with Traxxas i.d. Lipos which I’m gonna sell cause I refuse to use brand specific charger and batts so we hadn’t ran the E Maxx yet and I was waiting to get my xt90’s soldered on. Well, I just swapped the connectors on the mamba esc to xt90’s and me and my son ran it for the first time and all I can say is HOLY poop!!!! This thing has gobs and gobs of power on demand and the operation of the throttle is so butter smooth. I know Traxxas gets a bad rap but so far after the first run this truck is a blast man!!!!! It’s almost fully upgraded now, I am going to do what I can to bullet proof the truck but I must say I am very impressed with the performance of this monster truck
Holy crap, everyone keep in mind this is a 20 year old monster truck that’s running a 10 year old esc, providing this much fun. I’m really glad you like it man. There goes me buying that esc off of you ?? but honestly dude it seems like you really love it... and I’m happy you gave that 10 year old esc a shot.

If any of them go out, you can trade them into castle for a mamba monster 2 for a little less then $100. MM2 doesn't disappoint. Essentially the same board was used, just has different programming but that’s not really an issue because castle link can fix that.

How worn out are those Traxxas lipos? I run them in my e revo because I gotta use stuff without balance cables... my first set lasted 200 runs but now I got a battery with a dying cell. I saw in the picture it was the new generation black ones which are actually pretty killer, especially compared to the old red ones. I’ll buy one off you if you want.

Last edited:
Ok guys, I figured out the combos I will run in both my armma’s.

The kraton will get the hobbystar 1730kv with about a 20-22 tooth pinion with a mamba monster x esc

The Talion will just be getting a original Mamba Monster ESC and I will retain the stock motor for now, I’m really going to push the limits of this stock motor on some speed runs and general bashing as well but I forsee a Tekin motor or Tp motor for the Talion in the future

I wouldn't go higher than a 20t pinion (assuming 6s). I am running a 19t with the 1730 hobbystar and it is really fast. 22t pinion with trenchers and you would be looking at close to 80 mph. I think you would have heat issues as well.

Holy crap, everyone keep in mind this is a 20 year old monster truck that’s running a 10 year old esc, providing this much fun. I’m really glad you like it man. There goes me buying that esc off of you ?? but honestly dude it seems like you really love it... and I’m happy you gave that 10 year old esc a shot.

If any of them go out, you can trade them into castle for a mamba monster 2 for a little less then $100. MM2 doesn't disappoint. Essentially the same board was used, just has different programming but that’s not really an issue because castle link can fix that.

How worn out are those Traxxas lipos? I run them in my e revo because I gotta use stuff without balance cables... my first set lasted 200 runs but now I got a battery with a dying cell. I saw in the picture it was the new generation black ones which are actually pretty killer, especially compared to the old red ones. I’ll buy one off you if you want.
How much does Castle charge for the MM2 if it's a little less than $100 after 40% off? The MM2 is only $111.81 after coupon and tax on Tower.

How much does Castle charge for the MM2 if it's a little less than $100 after 40% off? The MM2 is only $111.81 after coupon and tax on Tower.
Let me find the email

Well I can’t find it but I remember now. It was $78 plus shipping ($5)

You can ask castle support:
[email protected]

They’ll give you the same quote.

I see, you’re buying a retro. Pretty sure they’re no longer available, like, forever. I’d only buy that over the normal mm2 if you’re doing 8s speed runs or really want some crazy power.

Me and a crazy intelligent guy (same guy who figured out how to hack the et-3s to run 6s) helped me out, and we force flashed version 1.24 (MMM programming, no amperage limiting and no overvoltage protection) onto my MXL-6s (Traxxas mm2). It’s a beast. That was 7 months ago and it’s having no issues. The amperage being unrestricted works the motors a lot harder though so they burn up even quicker!

Here she is, the highlight of my truck

View attachment 33731
Couldn’t have been done without the schematics of my old MMM that’s 9 years old
View attachment 33732
Edit whoops it’s 2019. The things 10. I bought it in 2009. That esc right there is really the reason I like castle so much. Best esc I’ve ever owned!!! The MXL is like a centimeter behind it though... basically equally as badass.
Hey @Peeeenuuutt
Is there any way that you can tell me how you or your friend flashed the MM2. I also want to do that to my MM2. I think I saw his thread on the traxxas forum where he flashed the et-3s. Is it the same process?

-Kitris

Hey @Peeeenuuutt
Is there any way that you can tell me how you or your friend flashed the MM2. I also want to do that to my MM2. I think I saw his thread on the traxxas forum where he flashed the et-3s. Is it the same process?

-Kitris
Hey man.
It was the same process indeed. I’m no computer wizard so I didn’t know how to host the files or whatever (that’s why I give that op credit) but if you are smart enough to be able to do it on your own, yes, it is the same process. I’m going to warn you it’ll stress your motor pretty good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back