Kraton motor choice recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OllyCP

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi Everybody,
I’m new to RCs and have just bought my Kraton V3.
Despite having read loads of threads on motor upgrades, I still can’t decide what to go for.
I run the stock ESC and a 17T pinion gear on 4S.
Which motor would be best for mainly bashing but also improving the speed.

I also live in the Middle East so heat is an issue.

Lastly for any recommendations, would I need to tap the holes to M4 and change bullet connectors for the ESC?

That’s a lot of question but would appreciate any advice/recommendations.
Thanks

Hi Everybody,
I’m new to RCs and have just bought my Kraton V3.
Despite having read loads of threads on motor upgrades, I still can’t decide what to go for.
I run the stock ESC and a 17T pinion gear on 4S.
Which motor would be best for mainly bashing but also improving the speed.

I also live in the Middle East so heat is an issue.

Lastly for any recommendations, would I need to tap the holes to M4 and change bullet connectors for the ESC?

That’s a lot of question but would appreciate any advice/recommendations.
Thanks

I live in Asia and it is hot as hell right now. Running 17T , 6S, but with heatsink and fan. I say to be safe, go for 6S, 15T with heatsink and fan. You'll be fine. If heat is a concern, go for a longer can motor like the 4092 hobbystar 1750KV and gear it up. but before you do all that. get a temp gun and see if indeed overheating is an issue first

D
I live in Asia and it is hot as hell right now. Running 17T , 6S, but with heatsink and fan. I say to be safe, go for 6S, 15T with heatsink and fan. You'll be fine. If heat is a concern, go for a longer can motor like the 4092 hobbystar 1750KV and gear it up. but before you do all that. get a temp gun and see if indeed overheating is an issue first

Does hobby star 4292 have the correct connectors for the stock ESC?
Thanks

Unless your are building a real heavy weight with lots more aluminum the stock blx setup is pretty close to perfect. The 4092 motor will require a new esc, which all will be heavier. This setup seems to be hit or miss the more I read about it. Some have no problems others cogging, hot motors, dying esc...if you want more speed ditch the 4s for 6s and run a 15tooth pinion and watch motor temps. Gets to hot drop to 14t...faster car no new motor setup...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back