Kraton Kraton motor guard??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CellMass

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hey all I’m new blah blah blah whatever nice to meet you all. Anywho, I’m building a kraton exb for big air and overall bashing. However saw something on a thread that said when you land hard the motor slaps the chassi! Definitely don’t want to anything bending out of place.

My question is and I hope someone has the product I’m looking for. I saw it once on YouTube and can’t find the video again. It was a motor guard that cradled the bottom and wedges in between the motor and chassi. Was wondering if anyone has a name or number for this product?? Thank you for reading! Also I have a kraton box with inserts if anyone wants it for free!

Hey all I’m new blah blah blah whatever nice to meet you all. Anywho, I’m building a kraton exb for big air and overall bashing. However saw something on a thread that said when you land hard the motor slaps the chassi! Definitely don’t want to anything bending out of place.

My question is and I hope someone has the product I’m looking for. I saw it once on YouTube and can’t find the video again. It was a motor guard that cradled the bottom and wedges in between the motor and chassi. Was wondering if anyone has a name or number for this product?? Thank you for reading! Also I have a kraton box with inserts if anyone wants it for free!
I just zip tie a piece of old tire under the back. I made mine from some old dbooots Backflips.
20201106_214054.jpg

@CellMass, I don't have those issues with any of my 6s rigs. Never did.

>>>I think your are referring to the 4x4 line rigs. There are threads regarding the 4x4 and this. You probably read it there. Completely different with plastic chassis that will flex very much. Very problematic with bending motor mounts/flexing power module.

I know what it talking about I seen Kevin Talbot and thing hardcore rc talk about them but idk if it was for there 8s rigs or even the xmaxx🤷🏼‍♂️ but I would just do what @Notorious J said. I just use yoga mat but. I like the old tire trick better👊

The motor can hit the chassis? Interesting I never knew that I always thought it was the 4s versions that had that problem. I'll have to put a piece of tire under it.
The chassis flexes, but that's not the issue. The reason for a bump stop is to help remove some of the stress on the motor mount and the two screws that hold the motor on.

I think this thread went off on a tangent???
Maybe its just me.:cool:
@CellMass has not responded to any of the replies.
I strongly feel he was referring to the 4x4 M mounts. He may have misread a thread thinking it is exclusive to 6s rigs.

^^^Great insurance for sure. (y)We all bash differently.
I never needed to with 6s.:cool:
On some of my other brand rigs I have needed to.

Hahah yes you guys are awesome that’s exactly what I wanted Pablo!!
To the moon, I couldn’t put my finger on it. But I definitely want it. Maybe I’ll shave out some to make it fit.

I might try a few things out. Or the or the O ring idea. I didn’t know the Bigfoot block was from the UK. Website says custom order too. I don’t want to wait. Lol what kind of o ring anyways? A 3mm from a hydraulic hose?

I just went on ebay and typed in the size, i measured the diameter of the motor and went slightly smaller so it was a nice fit and measured the gap between the motor and chassis to get the thickness, im sure mine is 3mm thick. I think it only cost me judt over £1

A thick O ring works great… last forever & cost less than $1

I think I may go with the ORing idea. The motor lays damn near on the chassi already. I dub thee, “The Black Beauty” a little more spit and super glue and will be breaking her in on 4s and 15t pinion.

4C072A1B-0A36-4C04-8A27-0218117379B9.jpeg

59B7E93E-2F69-4E40-AC23-39782B37792C.jpeg

9BF27E7B-6390-4DF8-8629-52520BD9FFAC.jpeg

I think this thread went off on a tangent???
Maybe its just me.:cool:
@CellMass has not responded to any of the replies.
I strongly feel he was referring to the 4x4 M mounts. He may have misread a thread thinking it is exclusive to 6s rigs.
What do you mean by not replying to any replies? I’m new to the forum so am I am I missing something?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back