Kraton Kraton mystery spacer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so now i had some fun....couldnt find my loctite but i thought wth and i went out and ran two packs...and kind of not surprised that the pinion gear got lose again since i removed it and put it back just before going out...so....this is what happened....not spending my money well atm

Awesome
Damn! Clearly not a Robinson Racing forged pinion. I'm guessing the spur is a stronger metal, reminds me of projects gone wrong in Metals class a really long time ago in Jr. High...Lol.

I tend to run my gears into the ground if they are still spinning with decent mesh, get my money's worth so to speak. PS on the subject or stripping hardware, breaking tools, and other thread lock/over torqued nightmares, finally sent a fairly detailed message/plea to Arrma Hobbico customer support, hopefully it doesn't fall on deaf ears. Good business sense to me would be to make these great rigs easier to work on and further encourage sales/brand loyalty. Hope someone tells the assembly elves. My guess is as demands have increased, the elves are probably getting pressured to speed up. I never rush applying thread locker! To me it's very exacting to do correctly.
I have emailed Arrma about the ridiculous cement they are using as well. It's caused me hours of frustration and damaged parts. :( They did not have much to say about it other than vehicle is covered by warranty for 2 years and I could send it in for them to look at. R&D needs to see this issue, not tech support.

I have emailed Arrma about the ridiculous cement they are using as well. It's caused me hours of frustration and damaged parts. :( They did not have much to say about it other than vehicle is covered by warranty for 2 years and I could send it in for them to look at. R&D needs to see this issue, not tech support.
I'm not sure who's ears need to hear of this issue, but from an expense standpoint, it would save them money in the long run to assemble rigs more reasonably then keep replacing parts and spending time and man hours in repairs/replacements. I'm expecting a reply of some sort or will climb higher up the chain for better response. To some extent there is liability involved with failed repair attempts. Hopefully no one drives a tool through their hand or gets burned with heat...etc. in the meanwhile. It's simply not asking too much to admit there's a problem, take ownership of it as a manufacturer, and actually do something about it IMHO.

I'm not sure who's ears need to hear of this issue, but from an expense standpoint, it would save them money in the long run to assemble rigs more reasonably then keep replacing parts and spending time and man hours in repairs/replacements. I'm expecting a reply of some sort or will climb higher up the chain for better response. To some extent there is liability involved with failed repair attempts. Hopefully no one drives a tool through their hand or gets burned with heat...etc. in the meanwhile. It's simply not asking too much to admit there's a problem, take ownership of it as a manufacturer, and actually do something about it IMHO.
I understand the need to secure the screws. No one wants a screw falling out, especially the noobies that have no idea how to fix anything and will incur a relatively high cost at the LHS to have them fix it. All I ask is maybe consider blue loctite instead of that red stuff. I need to be able to take things apart to do maintenance and fix things. Even the tires are a PITA to get off the ARRMA vehicles!

I understand the need to secure the screws. No one wants a screw falling out, especially the noobies that have no idea how to fix anything and will incur a relatively high cost at the LHS to have them fix it. All I ask is maybe consider blue loctite instead of that red stuff. I need to be able to take things apart to do maintenance and fix things. Even the tires are a PITA to get off the ARRMA vehicles!
No friggin kidding. I couldn't wait any longer for my Backflips to arrive and, because my wife and kids were gone when I got home from work today, I said f... It and decided I would manhandle my Outcast wheels off, only took 20-30 minutes I think, last one was a PITA big time. Couldn't get them even starting to go on Kraton, ended up using body reamer to shave them from both sides and wiggled them on. Good news is they kicked butt on 6s and ripped up local park with fat wheelie's, simply awesome hook up, brought Kraton alive with pure Beastliness. Blue locker is all I've ever used and it generally works just fine when applied correctly and allowed to fully cure, 16-24 hours for Permetex blue gel. Hope Arrma gets a clue and changes their practice.

No friggin kidding. I couldn't wait any longer for my Backflips to arrive and, because my wife and kids were gone when I got home from work today, I said f... It and decided I would manhandle my Outcast wheels off, only took 20-30 minutes I think, last one was a PITA big time. Couldn't get them even starting to go on Kraton, ended up using body reamer to shave them from both sides and wiggled them on. Good news is they kicked butt on 6s and ripped up local park with fat wheelie's, simply awesome hook up, brought Kraton alive with pure Beastliness. Blue locker is all I've ever used and it generally works just fine when applied correctly and allowed to fully cure, 16-24 hours for Permetex blue gel. Hope Arrma gets a clue and changes their practice.
Tell me about it, I had to lay my Kraton on its side, stand on the wheels touching the floor and He-Man pull on the wheels off the ground. My motor mount screws were a nightmare, getting to the bearings inside the rear gearbox was a nightmare...I am not looking forward to replacing the bearings in the front gearbox. I'm sure it will be the same issue. Off topic, which one are you liking better so far...Kraton or Outcast? I have 3 RC's currently, Kraton (Monster Truggy), Thunder Tiger Bushmaster (basher buggy), and a Dromida Rally 1/18 brushless. I'm craving another RC and have been thinking about the Outcast. I'm having a hard time deciding what to get next.

Tell me about it, I had to lay my Kraton on its side, stand on the wheels touching the floor and He-Man pull on the wheels off the ground. My motor mount screws were a nightmare, getting to the bearings inside the rear gearbox was a nightmare...I am not looking forward to replacing the bearings in the front gearbox. I'm sure it will be the same issue. Off topic, which one are you liking better so far...Kraton or Outcast? I have 3 RC's currently, Kraton (Monster Truggy), Thunder Tiger Bushmaster (basher buggy), and a Dromida Rally 1/18 brushless. I'm craving another RC and have been thinking about the Outcast. I'm having a hard time deciding what to get next.
That's exactly how I finally got mine off after wasting time with more conventional and civilized tactics. Tough answer on that one, need to bash both more to pick a favorite. I doubt you'd regret getting the Outcast though, it is fun as all heck to drive, especially on 6s, it handles amazingly well and turns on a dime. If anything, you sometimes need to moderate the throttle on 6s because it's a wheelie beast. Super fun basher, has taken a mean beating so far, I totally dig it. Just ordered another 6s brick cuz I'm hoping to bring the Outcast and Kraton out together for every bash session. I'd say get it on Tower and maximize coupon deals, totally worth it. It's just plain cool and can bust sick flips if you like jumping..etc.

20161021_211709.jpg
These MX38's are awesome tires!

I lost my shim also. Wasn't sure where it went. Just got my new outcast tires in and put then on the Kraton. Can't wait to try them out. They fit just right, unlike the badlands. I think the badlands look a little funny but I haven't seen the new MX badlands on a Kraton yet.

View attachment 4346

That's exactly how I finally got mine off after wasting time with more conventional and civilized tactics. Tough answer on that one, need to bash both more to pick a favorite. I doubt you'd regret getting the Outcast though, it is fun as all heck to drive, especially on 6s, it handles amazingly well and turns on a dime. If anything, you sometimes need to moderate the throttle on 6s because it's a wheelie beast. Super fun basher, has taken a mean beating so far, I totally dig it. Just ordered another 6s brick cuz I'm hoping to bring the Outcast and Kraton out together for every bash session. I'd say get it on Tower and maximize coupon deals, totally worth it. It's just plain cool and can bust sick flips if you like jumping..etc.
I'm sure I would not regret it and the cool thing about getting another Arrma is I'm already familiar with it for wrenching duties. There is a piece of me that wants to build my first kit as well. Maybe something like the Tamiya TA07 pro. That chassis just looks sick. Could make it my street only vehicle. I would like to have a variety of RC's that offer different experiences than many of the same that just look different. Would you say the Kraton and Outcast are different enough to justify owning both? What's in your fleet? Just Kraton and Outcast? My daughter is 3. I'm hoping she will take an interest one day and join me in the RC universe.

I'm sure I would not regret it and the cool thing about getting another Arrma is I'm already familiar with it for wrenching duties. There is a piece of me that wants to build my first kit as well. Maybe something like the Tamiya TA07 pro. That chassis just looks sick. Could make it my street only vehicle. I would like to have a variety of RC's that offer different experiences than many of the same that just look different. Would you say the Kraton and Outcast are different enough to justify owning both? What's in your fleet? Just Kraton and Outcast? My daughter is 3. I'm hoping she will take an interest one day and join me in the RC universe.
Kids have 2 ECX Ruckuses 2wd, totally modded with pretty sick power, both do 60mph, Backslash platinum ridiculously fast running Sidewinder 8th 2200, 2 Typhons, Outcast, and Kraton. Slash has seen the most modding, but there all fun for different reasons. Enjoy driving 2wd, very challenging and improves driving skills.

@CL-Audio
I have several for different driving. My 1/10 scale stuff I use for track duty and my Arrmas I use for baseball fields, jumps, and light bashing. I don't want to launch my 1/8 Arrmas into orbit. Not into pushing them to the limit. So far I have the Typhon, Outcast and Fazon, but really want the Kraton and down the road hoping to pick up the Big Rock. I have a problem wanting ALL the Arrma vehicles but for now there's enough to keep me happy. It's harder now with the price drops I've seen on TH's website and the coupon codes I have. So hard not to "Place Order"!!

@CL-Audio
I have several for different driving. My 1/10 scale stuff I use for track duty and my Arrmas I use for baseball fields, jumps, and light bashing. I don't want to launch my 1/8 Arrmas into orbit. Not into pushing them to the limit. So far I have the Typhon, Outcast and Fazon, but really want the Kraton and down the road hoping to pick up the Big Rock. I have a problem wanting ALL the Arrma vehicles but for now there's enough to keep me happy. It's harder now with the price drops I've seen on TH's website and the coupon codes I have. So hard not to "Place Order"!!
I was hoping to see better black friday deals. That non brain Nero is tempting. Just missed the additional Ecash bonus if I ordered it though. Dang it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back