Kraton Kraton mystery spacer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Duperbash

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Was changing front diff fluid to 50k just prior to first ever bash and noticed a small spacer fell off from right front diff output bearing. Looked thin and rather warped, have never seen this on any of 3 other Arrmas, was on only one side of inner housing. Needless to say, did not put it back in, no play noted when resetting diff back into case. Have any of you guys ever seen this on your rigs? Made me wonder if this was an assembly error or weird attempt to tighten diff in housing. PS, first bash session was awesome fun,
My daughter Angie tore it up driving the Outcast off the ramp while I courted my new girlfriend the Kraton. What a Beast! Loaded fun family big air
IMG_20161211_133811539.jpg
IMG_20161211_133741508.jpg
bash to media in 2 vids.

Was changing front diff fluid to 50k just prior to first ever bash and noticed a small spacer fell off from right front diff output bearing. Looked thin and rather warped, have never seen this on any of 3 other Arrmas, was on only one side of inner housing. Needless to say, did not put it back in, no play noted when resetting diff back into case. Have any of you guys ever seen this on your rigs? Made me wonder if this was an assembly error or weird attempt to tighten diff in housing. PS, first bash session was awesome fun,
My daughter Angie tore it up driving the Outcast off the ramp while I courted my new girlfriend the Kraton. What a Beast! Loaded fun family big air View attachment 4340 View attachment 4341 bash to media in 2 vids.
That sets the gear mesh,with out it ,it will strip the outside diff gears.Goes next to the bearing on the gear side of the bearing.

That sets the gear mesh,with out it ,it will strip the outside diff gears.Goes next to the bearing on the gear side of the bearing.
Thanks for quick reply. Does it sit between plastic and outside of bearing? I think that's where it fell off from. It crossed my mind it might act as a shim but didn't see it on schematic or any of my other rigs. I think I better keep my reading glasses on when I wrench!

Thanks for quick reply. Does it sit between plastic and outside of bearing? I think that's where it fell off from. It crossed my mind it might act as a shim but didn't see it on schematic or any of my other rigs. I think I better keep my reading glasses on when I wrench!
Yes, in your picture your holding it near where it goes.My Kraton had them also. Its not in the manual but others have had gears strip without it( shim).Its easy to loose because it sticks to the bearing.

Yes, in your picture your holding it near where it goes.My Kraton had them also. Its not in the manual but others have had gears strip without it( shim).Its easy to loose because it sticks to the bearing.
Thanks bro for clarifying, I knew to keep the part, will put it back before bashing again. I have a feeling I'm going to absolutely love the Kraton, launches and drifts so nice, going to try with Badlands 3.8 and/or Outcast meats on her next bash.

Thanks bro for clarifying, I knew to keep the part, will put it back before bashing again. I have a feeling I'm going to absolutely love the Kraton, launches and drifts so nice, going to try with Badlands 3.8 and/or Outcast meats on her next bash.
I would go with the Outcast tires, slightly smaller than the Mx 38.Saw them on ebay for $66.

I would go with the Outcast tires, slightly smaller than the Mx 38.Saw them on ebay for $66.
Thanks man. Outcast tires completely rip so far, one of the best tires I've ever used for all around bashing, turn very easily and provide perfect ground clearance and forward bite in loose terrain and even wet grass.

Anyone have a part number or size for the shim. I lost one
Anyone have a part number or size for the shim. I lost one
I don't have either, but can tell you it's crazy thin, no wonder people lose them! About same thickness of TD planetary or stock satellite shims inside diffs. Makes me wonder if it's even essential to have in there, but I guess better safe than sorry as gears aren't free and down time waiting for parts is like walking barefoot on glass... very painful!!!!

I lost my shim also. Wasn't sure where it went. Just got my new outcast tires in and put then on the Kraton. Can't wait to try them out. They fit just right, unlike the badlands. I think the badlands look a little funny but I haven't seen the new MX badlands on a Kraton yet.

IMG_20161208_152421.jpg

That's funny I just ordered some off Tower to throw on my new Kraton, they hook up and bash perfectly and was going to borrow them from Outcast but would rather run both rigs at their full potential without having to swap...etc
Arrma did great with the Backflips, balloon just enough to pull sick flips without affecting performance.

PS see YouTube, RC Bashing the Kraton-. "Outcast on Steroids" just posted bench vid with MXs on his hybrid Outcast, they look huge!

image.jpeg
I lost my shim also. Wasn't sure where it went. Just got my new outcast tires in and put then on the Kraton. Can't wait to try them out. They fit just right, unlike the badlands. I think the badlands look a little funny but I haven't seen the new MX badlands on a Kraton yet.View attachment 4346
I have the Mx38's on my Kraton and the Leo 4092/1730kv motor,awesome combo.

View attachment 4349
Here's a comparison picture of the two badland sizes
You've cemented it for me. My new yet to be taped 3.8s are finding their way on the Typhon. Do you know if anyone has put Kraton axels/knuckles/hex's on either Senton or Typhon for another inch of width? 3.8s rim rubs when full tightened especially up front.

You've cemented it for me. My new yet to be taped 3.8s are finding their way on the Typhon. Do you know if anyone has put Kraton axels/knuckles/hex's on either Senton or Typhon for another inch of width? 3.8s rim rubs when full tightened especially up front.

Ask Thomas, he is the one that creates new Arrma vehicles.

Oh for pete's sake. I just got done taking out all my diffs, shimming and replacing bearings. I thought that was the metal seal from the old bearings!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!! If this is a needed part why is it not in the exploded parts view with a part number? I'm very annoyed. Would you mind showing exactly where it is supposed to go?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back