Kraton Kraton no throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
I’m working on my brothers kraton and I had to put a new esc in it. I installed that, took it outside to test, and it was making a weird noise and going kind of slow. I talked to my brother about it and he said to try to take apart all the diffs, check all the teeth, refill them with new oil, and put them back in then try. I did all of that, rolled it on the ground and didn’t hear the noise. So now I went to go test it again, and I turned everything on, and it steers but I have absolutely no response to throttle. I checked all the wiring and it’s all good. My brother has no clue either. Plz help.

Might consider taking the center diff out to isolate each diff. Then figure out which one or ones are the issue.

But before that, check the set screw on the front and rear input drive cups. The cups may be spinning but not "set" to transfer power to the diff(s).

Might consider taking the center diff out to isolate each diff. Then figure out which one or ones are the issue.

But before that, check the set screw on the front and rear input drive cups. The cups may be spinning but not "set" to transfer power to the diff(s).
How does is look when you take the diff covers off? Anything that looks like metallic paste?

When I was putting all the diffs back in I was spinning them individually and they all seemed good, just all together it’s rough. It’s really confusing me... and yeah I finally got throttle it’s just now it sound bad

When I was putting all the diffs back in I was spinning them individually and they all seemed good, just all together it’s rough. It’s really confusing me... and yeah I finally got throttle it’s just now it sound bad
Hmm...can you post a video of the sound?

You sure the motor didnt lose a bearing and now the armature is bouncing around in the can? Could be the reason the last esc fell ill... just a thought...

You sure the motor didnt lose a bearing and now the armature is bouncing around in the can? Could be the reason the last esc fell ill... just a thought...
Had that happen to my e revo 2.0’s factory motor. Then the replacement had a hard seize near top speed. Later I took it apart and made a thread that debunked the theory- it’s a cheapified version of the mighty genuine castle 1515 that powered previous revos.

Hmm...can you post a video of the sound?
I took a video of it but for some reason it won’t let me attach it... do u have Instagram or Facebook so I could send it to u there? Btw it doesn’t do it much justice in the sense of helping what’s going on. For some reason the video makes it sound better than it actually is

I took a video of it but for some reason it won’t let me attach it... do u have Instagram or Facebook so I could send it to u there? Btw it doesn’t do it much justice in the sense of helping what’s going on. For some reason the video makes it sound better than it actually is
You'll have to upload to YouTube and copy the link for it to show up here

You can upload to IG or FB. Here is how you post a link here.

D216DA9D-C8CA-4FB4-B14A-482D3EAF3CC1.jpeg

9874D7A3-EC81-4927-BBCD-FCBBDC306361.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back