Kraton Kraton not going in reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisprice61

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I took my Kraton out for the first time and sometimes it doesn't want to go in reverse. It goes forward just fine. I tried adjusting the controls but it seems like it's doing what it wants to do.

image.jpg

I know that you said that you tried adjusting the controls, but what controls did you all try adjusting? I know that I had this same issue out of the box with my Senton and it turned out that I had to adjust the throttle trim knob like 1 degree because it was in kind of a dead zone. Other than that the only thing I could suggest would be to check to make sure all connections are good.

It may be the throttle trim. I just may been going pass that sweet spot. It seems like when I turn the knob it goes the other way.

The only other idea that I have is to maybe try setting the end points. I'm not sure if that would help anything at all, just trying to give you ideas to get everything running correctly so that you can enjoy your machine.

Thanks !!! I just think I have to fiddle with it . It seems like it's getting there. I'm planning on getting another controller soon but just want to make sure it's not the truggy it self.

Mine is pointed between the 5 and 6 on the trim as if your looking at a clock. As for reverse, my Kraton doesn't go into reverse until its at a dead stop. Even at that sometimes it takes a second.

Hello i have the same problem as op with my new kraton, did u solve it only with the trimming? I am thinking about calibrating the Controller brake, reverse and throttle. Sometimes the car is even going forward or reverse by itself.
And there is another problem, every time the car is accelerating from dead stop or when i am trying to drive it very slowly or braking hard to dead stop. The esc is making beeping noise, is this normal? it looks like motor blocked protection to me maybe.

Last edited:
moving by itself is the throttle trim being off on way or the other. The beep does not happen on my Kraton

I had the same problem with mine until I figured out that it's just the way the esc is programmed. When it doesn't go into reverse try pressing full reverse all the way to the end of the trigger travel, release to neutral and then try again. I think this is a safety feature to prevent going into reverse before you're fully stopped and grenading your gears.

Mine will sometimes do that same thing. I flip it on its roof and adjust throttle trim because a little to far one way or another it can go on its own.

Ok thx for answers i fiddle with throttle trim and it now looks fine, not moving by itself anymore.
The beeping still bothers me , i saw that every time it beeps, the red light on esc will go on and otherwise the same.
I can enter and change the esc setting, tried doing the throttle setup as in manual fine, but resetting the esc just wont work, i do it as in manual but only green start blinking never booth. :(

It may be the throttle trim. I just may been going pass that sweet spot. It seems like when I turn the knob it goes the other way.
Have you time to mess around with it anymore? Hoping that it something minor you were able to adjust as well as curious as to what it was that is causing this.

Ok thx for answers i fiddle with throttle trim and it now looks fine, not moving by itself anymore.
The beeping still bothers me , i saw that every time it beeps, the red light on esc will go on and otherwise the same.
I can enter and change the esc setting, tried doing the throttle setup as in manual fine, but resetting the esc just wont work, i do it as in manual but only green start blinking never booth. :(
Have you checked your esc to make sure that you're Lipo cutoff isn't set to high, meaning like around 3.8v or higher? I have mine set to shut down at 3.5v.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back