Kraton Kraton not very responsive. ESC or radio at fault?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sempaidavid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have noticed that when the truck gets warm it isn't vert responsive off the line. Or if I brake and ten wither accelerate again rr even reverse right away, there is a significant lag before the motor kicks in. Would this more likely be the radio system or the ESC?

Well I just got in a Typhon and its the same way. These ESCs are just not responsive at all. I ordered a Hobbywing QUICRUN-WP-8BL150 and put it in the Kraton. O.M.G. - what a difference. so responsive, so many more programming options. And it was only $85. I think I'll get another for my Typhon as well.

I got a kraton 2 weeks ago and mine is doing the same thing. I was driving in a parking and it was like there was no breaks. Cut it off then back on and it just took off smh. New to the rc world...any suggestions

The BLX180 ESC is known to be laggy sometimes with throttle response. Very limited with programming, so i think the only thing you can do is reset it, it it doesn't work, ask arrma for a different ESC (BLX185) after you explained them the problem or just buy a new ESC like the one that is mentioned above. It makes a big difference

The new ESC looks to be a rebranded Hobbywing ESC, there is also a video of it being programmed with the Hobbywing program card

I notice the same thing about my Senton BLX. Just awful throttle response. It's the only gripe I have about the truck out of the box. I hope my ESC goes up in flames so they can send me the new 185A.

Is the new esc any better or would I be better off buying a different brand and saving myself the aggregation.

Go buy one arrma kraton parts are terrible I have a brand new truck 10 minutes on the ground sent the ESC back they send it back to me told me it was fine now they're sending me another part so I'm 2 weeks out and still haven't really played with the truck if I woulda known I would have bought a different brand

Good luck guys nothing but problems with my kraton brand new truck played with it ten minutes had to replace all electronics truck still won't turn left arrma don't care they already got there money my truck has been on work bench since the night it was purchased I wish I would have bought something else I bought my wife and 6yr old slash 4x4 and they been having a blast not one problem arrma sucks I've been running my 15yr old monster gt nitro

Good luck guys nothing but problems with my kraton brand new truck played with it ten minutes had to replace all electronics truck still won't turn left arrma don't care they already got there money my truck has been on work bench since the night it was purchased I wish I would have bought something else I bought my wife and 6yr old slash 4x4 and they been having a blast not one problem arrma sucks I've been running my 15yr old monster gt nitro
Same here , I just got my Kraton , it is complete sh**. Stripped screws right out of the box , ever diff is leaking , it's like a 2yr old put this together . What a complete joke. I started taking it apart my self to diagnose all the problems . I purchased from tower hobbies , called them , there solution was to send the entire truck back wich I don't need to do I only need the proper parts to fix it. It would cost them more to ship the entire thing back. I'll call arrma this week and see how they handle it .

Add a cap or glitch buster to it it will be a lot better i always run them cause of the servo i use and i have no lag and I'm also using an Airtronics m12 and ESC has been fine so try a cap they're cheap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back