Kraton Kraton on 6 cell LiPo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakemanbobsmith

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Talion
Ok been reading some post on here about problems with Kratons running on 6 cell Lipo, up to this point I have been running on 4 cell but my son has talked me into buying 6 cell for my Kraton. He runs his Typon on 6 cell and it is crazy fast but back to the Kraton.
I have read about problems with the controllers burning up and such, my question is ? Is it save to run my Kraton on 6 cell or am I risking burning up my controller? I eventually am going to upgrade to a better motor and ESC but would like to do it on my terms and not because I smoked my ESC.
I just use the Kraton for bashing no high speed runs or anything like that.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Bob

Just watch the temps and adjust the gearing if it's too hot. Maybe add a motor fan. Keep the motor under 180F, I find 130-150F is a good place to be. Lower the punch in the ESC if needed and add some 150 to 200K diff oil to the center diff. There is no reason to have too much instant punch from a standing start so lowering the punch is good. Also...use your throttle finger wisely. :D Squeeze the trigger, don't yank it.

Im not sure who told you about running them on 6s being an issue... maybe you are referring to the v1's with the ESC issues? Mine runs fine on 6s, as well as my Outcast.

Im not sure who told you about running them on 6s being an issue... maybe you are referring to the v1's with the ESC issues? Mine runs fine on 6s, as well as my Outcast.
Read a couple post on the Arrma Fourm about guys burning up ESC.
I thought they would run 6S but wanted to be sure. Thanks

Just watch the temps and adjust the gearing if it's too hot. Maybe add a motor fan. Keep the motor under 180F, I find 130-150F is a good place to be. Lower the punch in the ESC if needed and add some 150 to 200K diff oil to the center diff. There is no reason to have too much instant punch from a standing start so lowering the punch is good. Also...use your throttle finger wisely. :D Squeeze the trigger, don't yank it.
Thanks Banning, guess I need to add my infrared red thermometer to my field box.
Looking forward to trying out the 6s power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back