Kraton Kraton on Trenchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy Old Man RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I mounted the ProLine Trenchers on my Kraton yesterday. What an eye opener! The truck is a completely different animal to what it was on the stock tires.
On 4s it was almost as wild on the Trenchers as it it was with the stock tires on 6s.

With the Trenchers I can barely control it on 6s. I cartwheeled it more than once and the brakes are really strong with me nosing over frontwards more than once.
Wheelies anytime I want to. Just really a totally different experience.
You probably could have seen my old toothless smile for miles.

I mounted the ProLine Trenchers on my Kraton yesterday. What an eye opener! The truck is a completely different animal to what it was on the stock tires.
On 4s it was almost as wild on the Trenchers as it it was with the stock tires on 6s.

With the Trenchers I can barely control it on 6s. I cartwheeled it more than once and the brakes are really strong with me nosing over frontwards more than once.
Wheelies anytime I want to. Just really a totally different experience.
You probably could have seen my old toothless smile for miles.

I wrapped mine with fishing braid. It really helped with the ballooning.

I wrapped mine with fishing braid. It really helped with the ballooning.
This is what frustrates me with the Proline tyres, they are so expensive in Australia and you have to modify them the work, the Backflip tyres are nearly half the price, all be it, I still vent them.

I really want to try the Badlands, but for over $200 Australian a set it's nearly a quarter the price of the whole car.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, I usually love Proline tyres, I use them on my 1/8th nitro buggy's and truggy's. But I can get them at a more reasonable price.

This is what frustrates me with the Proline tyres, they are so expensive in Australia and you have to modify them the work, the Backflip tyres are nearly half the price, all be it, I still vent them.

I really want to try the Badlands, but for over $200 Australian a set it's nearly a quarter the price of the whole car.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, I usually love Proline tyres, I use them on my 1/8th nitro buggy's and truggy's. But I can get them at a more reasonable price.

wow that's some crazy pricing down there on the underside of the globe. Pro-line tyres are pricey for sure. I like the mx38's they hook up but balloon a lot. Great for back flips though.

wow that's some crazy pricing down there on the underside of the globe. Pro-line tyres are pricey for sure. I like the mx38's they hook up but balloon a lot. Great for back flips though.
If you can fix the balloning with braid, do they last a long while, I'd just hate to get the tyres only to have them fail or wear really fast?

You rocking the skinnies or the wide tracks? I have the wide tracks on my revo. Skinnies just aren’t my thing. They have slightly taller sidewalls but they’re around 2/3 of the width, a little less.

I vented mine and they’ve been fine so far. I have 10 or 11 runs with them on, very fun tires. I like how they perform on tarmac at construction sites and stuff.

You rocking the skinnies or the wide tracks? I have the wide tracks on my revo. Skinnies just aren’t my thing. They have slightly taller sidewalls but they’re around 2/3 of the width, a little less.

I vented mine and they’ve been fine so far. I have 10 or 11 runs with them on, very fun tires. I like how they perform on tarmac at construction sites and stuff.

View attachment 32495
They look like they'd have some grip, awesome?

If you can fix the balloning with braid, do they last a long while, I'd just hate to get the tyres only to have them fail or wear really fast?

I have had mine since July and they are holding up very well. Also, mine came vented through the tire and not the wheel.

It’s similar, but the wide tracks have a little more but it comes at the price of the diffs in most trucks. Really can only run them on my revo.
When I first saw your car I thought it was a Nero, haha, my attention to detail is not so great I guess.

I run the taller ones on my Kraton. Need to gear it down from the 15t as the motor gets pretty toasty. Also stripped the front ring gear. They land nice and squishy though. Jury is still out for me, not sure if they are an upgrade from the backflips if you are running the stock blx setup...

Lets see if I can
View attachment 32587

It's a little blurred because it looked small on my phone. I'll put one of the stock dBoots beside it tomorrow and take a pic with a better camera.

They are killing my batteries! And the stock servo won't even budge them sitting still on the ground.
Oh so you do have the wide tracks!! Nice.

Do you have any diff issues running them on 6s?
Since I don't jump and really don't want to do really crazy stuff, I don't know how the diffs will do but so far the only problem that I've seen is Battery run time is about half of what I was seeing on stock tires. That may be due to me running on a longer stretch and more throttle than I could do in the front yard.

With honking on the throttle pretty good and running on about 60 yards of straight running, how much run time should I realistically should I expect on a 5200 mAh pack?

Doesn't look like with the offset that they make the arms/outer measurement much wider. Maybe just a camera angle. Do you get any rubbing on the arms or anything on full steering lock?

I run the tall trenchers on my X. I like the extra cushion for landing. They are pretty heavy though compared to the stock outcast tires and the ones from the kraton.

Just to make sure you (or anyone else) are not having the same issue I had... I though I was having shorter battery run times but mine seemed way to short, (almost half compared to stock tires) on the trenchers. What I discovered was my ESC was going into thermal shutoff because my fan wasn't running full speed and the trenchers really raised my temps all around. Wouldn't give them up though. Awesome traction and great for jumping. I may have to change gearing once we start hitting the 100 degree days in Texas.
For more comparison, 40 series Trenchers on one side stock on the other.

Doesn't look like with the offset that they make the arms/outer measurement much wider. Maybe just a camera angle. Do you get any rubbing on the arms or anything on full steering lock?

I run the tall trenchers on my X. I like the extra cushion for landing. They are pretty heavy though compared to the stock outcast tires and the ones from the kraton.
Thanks for getting me to check closely for rubbing and no, I just looked good and I see no signs of rubbing at all.

I love the tires and since I'm not going to do anything crazy with mine, I'm gonna run them. May try the wife's Badlands this weekend to see if I like them better. She's already looking at some way to build small to medium ramps so she can jump. I'm not going to tell her I already have stuff to do that just laying around.

We're going to Lowes HI Saturday and pick up some traffic cones and try to lay out some kind of course on part of my and my neighbors back lots to force us to develope a little more control and not just scoot around willy nilly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back