Kraton kraton or big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasrott

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
which one? for general bashing no jumps to speak of using in grass, pavement baseball field.

They are both cool but I have to ask, what scale Kraton you suggesting because there isn't a 10th scale Kraton...there was a 4s model that is kind of 9thish scale but it's like comparing apples to automobiles...they ain't the same thing ;)

The 6s Kraton is a beast and pretty big. The big rock is also a beast but smaller than the Kraton so I think we'll need more details. What's your budget like? The big rock is $320ish, Kraton 6s is $600ish, 4s Kraton is around $400 and the 8s Kraton is around $900....there is a big difference between the models in price...

Like Jon suggested, the 4s Kraton is the budget choice for Kraton but difficult to find and not pay out the rear for...

I imagine you're talking about K4S, which is hard to find like mentioned above. So BR would be my vote unless you're patient enough for the V2 K4S to drop next year.

Well after a while now with both cars I changed my oppinion and prefer the Kraton 4S over the BR. Why? Not because it has more power and is more fun with 15t pinion, but also because I've less defects, better grip (with LP tires), better handling and standing and finally the better look ;)

Defects: i have problems with all my BLX100 and was forced to already replace two of them. Unfortunately I've replaced them with the same... Using a BLX120 or Max10 sct would be the better choice. The next problem are the shocks. They always leek on 3S models but never yet leaked on the Kraton 4S

which one? for general bashing no jumps to speak of using in grass, pavement baseball field.
The Kraton 4s if faster and has bigger more durable parts. If it is set up properly with the slipper clutch be set right and the diffs shimmed you will have very few problems. Trial and error come with any RC but I would highly recommend the 4s Kraton. It can even handle 6s with no problems. You just have to make sure you set them up right.

Well after a while now with both cars I changed my oppinion and prefer the Kraton 4S over the BR. Why? Not because it has more power and is more fun with 15t pinion, but also because I've less defects, better grip (with LP tires), better handling and standing and finally the better look ;)

Defects: i have problems with all my BLX100 and was forced to already replace two of them. Unfortunately I've replaced them with the same... Using a BLX120 or Max10 sct would be the better choice. The next problem are the shocks. They always leek on 3S models but never yet leaked on the Kraton 4S

They fixed the shocks leaking with new O rings. The Big Rock and the other 3S trucks don’t have that problem. They just updated the 3S line including the Big Rock, so if you are buying now it’s the Big Rock you want. If you don’t want to buy now and can wait until spring/summer you will be able to choose the updated 4S trucks... provided they update them as we expect. They could also change the lineup. The Big Rock is a great truck and I think probably the best value basher out there and one of the toughest. Great truck.

All I can say is my sons Big Rock is fun as hell! We were just jumping it , flipping it non stop for 35 min, trucks a beast. IMHO it’s more fun than Kraton. I’m sure I’ll get spanked ( opinions are like ass’s) but the Big Rock just seems perfectly balanced , perfect weight/ power to go out & throw around. I can’t believe this truck hasn’t broken ANYTHING besides today a crack in front plastic ( shoe goo & mesh for tomorrow fix) for the price, enjoyment it’s perfect for the time we use. Things about 15’ in are and traveling about 25-30’ handles everything like a champ!!

D4CDDBB8-F39F-43C9-9036-BEFDA9156399.png

878DF08E-C5B6-47E1-B5B3-CE3D81760D56.png

F31AC774-D56D-4BCB-B7FD-C5CB8FFAA7E3.png

90EE5307-FF39-4D95-AE1E-1E6448BF29D4.png

23124C84-77A4-4F88-8F9C-00ACA87892C2.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back