Kraton Kraton out of control when in reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crumb

Reaction score
Just got my Kraton 6s a few days ago, and I’ve noticed a small annoyance. The truck works great when in forwards but in reverse is fine for about 5 feet then the steering starts turning all the way to each side, or in other words, violently wobbling out of control. I’m not using reverse a ton so it’s not super annoying but is still something I’d like fixed unless it can’t be. Only had crawlers and on road cars before this so something of this power level is new to me, hence why I’m asking. Model is the v5 by the way

Similar thing happens to me when I'm using a gyro. If you've got a gyro, turning it down/off may do the trick.

Just got my Kraton 6s a few days ago, and I’ve noticed a small annoyance. The truck works great when in forwards but in reverse is fine for about 5 feet then the steering starts turning all the way to each side, or in other words, violently wobbling out of control. I’m not using reverse a ton so it’s not super annoying but is still something I’d like fixed unless it can’t be. Only had crawlers and on road cars before this so something of this power level is new to me, hence why I’m asking. Model is the v5 by the way

It’s the steering geometry that causes this, caster angle if I’m not mistaken.

You will find yourself using reverse only to back away from things you can't power over or through in time, usually in less distance than the wobbles will appear in. So the the problem goes away as your driving experience increases.

It’s the steering geometry that causes this, caster angle if I’m not mistaken.
Ok thanks, I’ve seen other people comment on it online but in their examples it has never been as severe as in my case, so thanks.
Stock does not
Ok that’s what I thought
You will find yourself using reverse only to back away from things you can't power over or through in time, usually in less distance than the wobbles will appear in. So the the problem goes away as your driving experience increases.
Got it, thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back