Kraton Kraton parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you regretting it? Parts won't be an issue...I was worried until I talked to my LHS guys...things will pick up. They way they put it is it all hinges on the Chinese New Year...everything shuts down for a month, then once they are back to work it takes another month to get goods moving through production at a normal level. Then we have 2-3 weeks for shipping over the water. Hang in there. Arrma isn't going anywhere. It's like retiring a NFL MVP Rookie of the Year after his first season....just doesn't make sense to do it. Arrma is on top right now, they have cracked the armor of a giant, Traxxas, so much so that now Traxxas is rethinking their whole line. Look at the new Revo 2.0. For years they spit out subpar RC's for top $ knowing they will need replacement parts. They basically invented the current RTR business plan and they made money hand over fist for years until good 'ole Arrma comes along with their BLX line and completely knocked their feet out from under them. If it weren't for Arrma I highly doubt we would have an updated Revo. If it weren't for Arrma I doubt Traxxas would be buying up patents, they weren't threatened by any other player until now. So yeah, rich people, investors can easily see that and know that it's not time to retire this MVP yet.
Great comments by Mongoose. I agree, Arrma has too good of a product for them to just disappear, no matter what happens in the court battle. I bought extra parts which will work on either my Talion or Kraton, so very easy for me to warrant buying spare parts (suspension arms, entire driveline, hubs, etc). Jennysrc is a good place for spare parts at good prices. Also keep in mind, there are many aftermarket parts available, including other manufacturer parts that even work on Arrma vehicles. Furthermore, many parts, such as; electronics, tires, etc, are interchangeable. I don't regret anything, as I know my Arrma vehicles will be running for a very long time + I don't think Arrma is going anywhere.

Im Im watching this thread like a a lonely old lady behind a curtain .. (nothing to say but ears wide open) hope it gets solved soon as im im starting to regret my v3 kraton purchase ..

You have a Kraton & you're wasting time behind a curtain, BLASPHEMY! :p Get out & drive the damn thing.

My LHS don't even carry too many Arrma parts. We are very close to Champaign so we can order parts & get them next day. The same is for the LHS. I even received my V3 Tailion from Tower the same day & that was the day 1 release :D

I've been using the eBay car breakers for years. I do end up buying more parts than I will ever need thanks to my trauma with Traxxas, my silly obsession to having parts on hand, & the damn cars not breaking even if I try to :D But that's what the projects & mods are for.

Yea man I had the Kraton on back order and Tower stopped my back order. So i looked on amazon and found 1 luckily it should arrive to me on this tuesday.

You have a Kraton & you're wasting time behind a curtain, BLASPHEMY! :p Get out & drive the damn thing.

My LHS don't even carry too many Arrma parts. We are very close to Champaign so we can order parts & get them next day. The same is for the LHS. I even received my V3 Tailion from Tower the same day & that was the day 1 release :D

I've been using the eBay car breakers for years. I do end up buying more parts than I will ever need thanks to my trauma with Traxxas, my silly obsession to having parts on hand, & the damn cars not breaking even if I try to :D But that's what the projects & mods are for.

Hey man .. what can i say .. i have a problem i like longevity of my things . And to be fair i dint even jump the thing . .. and insaid im STARTING to regret.. no regret yet so don't shoot me lol

Hey man .. what can i say .. i have a problem i like longevity of my things . And to be fair i dint even jump the thing . .. and insaid im STARTING to regret.. no regret yet so don't shoot me lol

I have enough 1/8 Arrma cars to know if you don't jump them or run them into things, you'll be hard pressed to be replacing anything on them. My V2 Typhon was a street/grass/dirt car since I had it & it has not needed 1 part in over a year. Even the diffs on it are still butter. It's the only car I ever had over a year that has needed nothing. I even run it truggified from time to time with no ill effects. I can't say the same for the V3 because of those stupid shock caps. I turned my V1 Typhon into the Siren MT so it's on a path to ruin :p

But parts has nothing to do with the longevity of these cars, how you treat them is everything.

Yeah .. but I really hope it gets sorted soon .. i wouldn't mind buying myself a typhon .. or a (road made) talion ..

It's not that simple. I have enough inside information I cannot disclose to know how much stake Hobbico has in Arrma. In simple terms it's naming rights under the brand but that does not come to full ownership. Arrma conducts business as a separate entity outside of Hobbico corporate influence but all business transactions and interests are under the name of Hobbico. Hobbico did this to avoid the ridiculous taxes required with an American company acquiring a UK based company. This is also why Arrma still conducts all business outside of the US themselves. Hobbico's new owners will have a considerable mess on their hands when dealing with the majority of Hobbico's brands.

As a side note, the Hobbico bankruptcy is how Arrma basically enacted a stay on the Traxxas lawsuit (w/o actually filing for bankruptcy themselves), which is still in effect.
FYI...just got this from a senior hobbico sales Rep: "Hobbico has not been sold. Per the Bankruptcy court, there is an auction held on March 26. We will be officially sold early April. A formal announcement will be sent then."

FYI...just got this from a senior hobbico sales Rep: "Hobbico has not been sold. Per the Bankruptcy court, there is an auction held on March 26. We will be officially sold early April. A formal announcement will be sent then."

I'll also add that they have reached confidential agreements with around 150 projected buyers as part of the bidding process.

It's not that simple. I have enough inside information I cannot disclose to know how much stake Hobbico has in Arrma. In simple terms it's naming rights under the brand but that does not come to full ownership. Arrma conducts business as a separate entity outside of Hobbico corporate influence but all business transactions and interests are under the name of Hobbico. Hobbico did this to avoid the ridiculous taxes required with an American company acquiring a UK based company. This is also why Arrma still conducts all business outside of the US themselves. Hobbico's new owners will have a considerable mess on their hands when dealing with the majority of Hobbico's brands.

As a side note, the Hobbico bankruptcy is how Arrma basically enacted a stay on the Traxxas lawsuit (w/o actually filing for bankruptcy themselves), which is still in effect.
Do you have any insight into how arrma(ownership/distributership) may play out?

I'll also add that they have reached confidential agreements with around 150 projected buyers as part of the bidding process.
Hard to tell is that good or bad? I would guess good...because you want competition?

Do you have any insight into how arrma(ownership/distributership) may play out?
I'll be blunt about that. Arrma is non-existent stateside as a company. They are UK based & have their hands full dealing with distribution outside of the US. Everything we have for Arrma is because of Hobbico. Distribution & warranty related issues are handled by Hobbico. All of Hobbico's actions have been to retain main functions in Champaign. They closed the Reno center to focus their efforts & simplify the jobs of the incoming owners.

Hard to tell is that good or bad? I would guess good...because you want competition?
The confidential agreements are actually parts of the company they have already sold off, mainly to the companies with Hobbico brand affiliation. In a way Hobbico is saving itself from itself. Of course, none of that is official until April.

I went ahead two months ago and bought 2018 kraton. And once again just like team Durango I’m left in the dirt. It’s to bad it is a great product, but tired of going through this all the time. I hate traxxas and they need knocked down a little , but don’t think that’s gonna happen. I put over 1k in this truck and ran it twice hopped up tbone and other upgrades. Sadly I’m gonna flea bay it all and stuck with Tekno . I would have loved this truck but parts will never come back the same

I went ahead two months ago and bought 2018 kraton. And once again just like team Durango I’m left in the dirt. It’s to bad it is a great product, but tired of going through this all the time. I hate traxxas and they need knocked down a little , but don’t think that’s gonna happen. I put over 1k in this truck and ran it twice hopped up tbone and other upgrades. Sadly I’m gonna flea bay it all and stuck with Tekno . I would have loved this truck but parts will never come back the same

I know what a $1300 E-Revo looks like but I've never seen a $1K+ Kraton. Please throw a pic up b4 you flea bay it.

$1k in either truck is easily done. I roughly know what I have spent, and the custom fab Parts and mods :D

Ironmike340 interested in seeing your creation; post up some pics and progression.

$1k in either truck is easily done. I roughly know what I have spent, and the custom fab Parts and mods :D

Ironmike340 interested in seeing your creation; post up some pics and progression.

The $1300 E-Revo was mine :rolleyes: I keep upgrades simple now & I have an Arrma fleet because of it. If I had 2 or 3 cars, I would probably upgrade the hell out of them, bash the hell out of them, & break the hell out of them - rinse & repeat. I know most in this hobby only have one baby so they can spoil it to death. But I have a ball team, so I have to spread the wealth :p

It's not all in truck sorry ,I bought Hr aluminum front and rear,new tbone wheelie bar,front thrasher,diff work ,but I bought a new I charger and 24v 1400 watt power supply that alone was 214 just power supply. Bough new smc 6s 5400 and smc 4s 7400 mah so all was bought for Kraton and well over 1k ,but car alone I have 700.

It's not all in truck sorry ,I bought Hr aluminum front and rear,new tbone wheelie bar,front thrasher,diff work ,but I bought a new I charger and 24v 1400 watt power supply that alone was 214 just power supply. Bough new smc 6s 5400 and smc 4s 7400 mah so all was bought for Kraton and well over 1k ,but car alone I have 700.
When you see the price of $499, it sounds good considering what you get. However, when you include aftermarket upgrades, maybe some spare parts, a descent charger, power supply & some good quality Lipos, it sure doesn't take long to add up. In Canada, add customs, taxes, shipping & exchange rate & now you realize you may have to "sell your real car"....LOL

Didn't Tower show a late March delivery date on the Backflips like 2 days ago? It says late April now....

Screw it. I'm about to get some some Badlands...I hate these Minokawa's. At least they are in stock. Anyone know when the Revo 2.0 tires will be sold?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back