Kraton kraton pinion problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raincntry

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have an almost brand new Kraton 6s and I cannot seem to keep the pinion gear in place. It worked loose on the initial run. I've tightened it, I've replaced it twice, each time fastening it with red locktite and letting it cure overnight. Today, it got loose again. This was the 4th time in 5 runnings that this has happened.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have an almost brand new Kraton 6s and I cannot seem to keep the pinion gear in place. It worked loose on the initial run. I've tightened it, I've replaced it twice, each time fastening it with red locktite and letting it cure overnight. Today, it got loose again. This was the 4th time in 5 runnings that this has happened.

Does anyone have a suggestion?
G overnight is not 24 hours

Remove it and try run the grub screw in and out a few times. I’ve had there be red lock rite in the threads that wouldn’t allow the grub screw to tighten in.

It happened to me today, too. Got some Loctite on again and waiting the 24hrs this time. I did the overnight thing and it didn't work out. ? Good luck.

Your pinion and set screw must be clean and free of any grease or oil. New pinions come with an oily film to prevent corrosion and it must be completely removed. It also doesn't hurt to put a small drop in the bore of the pinion to help it stay in place. Many people recommend a 24 hour cure time however I have not had a problem waiting only 2 hours. Thread lock usually dries in about 10 to 15 minutes.

Check you spur gear or differential, had this issue it was the spur gear. That set screw was loose and some how I have clue how. But once it was tightened issue went away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back