Kraton Kraton Pinion/Spur Loud out of box?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aeternus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My Kraton just arrived (can't drive it yet, lipo order didnt ship :() but I was wondering if your spur/pinion was loud fresh out of the box? Just rolling it around isn't particularly smooth (if I give it a gentle nudge, it'll roll a few feet then sort of "catch" and stop when the momentum dies down). It's completely possible that since it's factory new that they just need to wear into each other a bit (all the teeth are there, nothing missing and it looks well-aligned) but I figured I'd ask since I've never owned an Arrma before and I have time to check things before I run it tomorrow.

Thanks!

Considering that it is a metal pinion and spur that’s stock, it is pretty loud and shouldn’t be super smooth when you roll it. Check out videos on gear mesh and how it should be set.

That's normal Man, its the sound of music!

Yep! They are noisy. No need to worry. All of the gears are mod 1 sizing in that truck too which means the teeth are bigger, which means it feels notchy (if that’s a word) and less smooth. Also, the motor poles (magnets) are what are slowing down the car when you push it. You can feel how strong they are if you removed the motor and spun the shaft. But have no fear, there is nothing wrong with your kraton. All of this is assuming it is the Kraton 6s?

Ah sorry should have mentioned, yup it's a 6s. Well thanks for the comments, just wanted to make sure I didn't have to re-seat the motor or anything before the first run. I was comparing it against my nitro HPI Savage XL but the electric motor and fresh gears make perfect sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back