Kraton Kraton "Race Spec" Upgraded ESC XeRUN XR8 Plus and 4268SD 2200KV Sensored Motor Combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, interesting, I've been there in dew that's for sure.

At work we use a product called "super lube" (funny name) I think it must be similar, it is used to help seal a sensitive cable from water ingress. There is some stuff I use on my coffee machine it is a food grade grease, made by Inox, I wonder what the conductive properties are of it.
Is that Super Lube similar to icky pick?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icky-pick

Been using all Super Lube in my RC rigs for 20 years. That's all I use 99% of the time.
20200809_152456.jpg

Icky-Pick is different. SuperLube dielectric grease feels like a grease. Telephone companies used to use Icky-Pick. Its old technology with limited use and doesn't wipe down well, its designed to be sticky and be gobby in texture. More like a jelly of sorts. Its designed to not "wash away".

Last edited:
Been using all Super Lube in my RC rigs for 20 years. That's all I use 99% of the time.View attachment 93611
Icky-Pick is different. SuperLube dielectric grease feels like a grease. Telephone companies used to use Icky-Pick. Its old technology with limited use and doesn't wipe down well, its designed to be sticky and be gobby in texture. More like a jelly of sorts. Its designed to not "wash away".
That's them guys, I've never used icky pick @jondilly1974 but I'm sure some of the cables we use at work are full of that stuff, it's a pain to wash off and when it mixes with dirt you can't grab anything without making a mess. The super lube is great stuff though.

That's them guys, I've never used icky pick @jondilly1974 but I'm sure some of the cables we use at work are full of that stuff, it's a pain to wash off and when it mixes with dirt you can't grab anything without making a mess. The super lube is great stuff though.
I’ve had to deal with icky pick on direct burial more times than I care to say. That stuff is a pain to get off your hands. I have a set of gloves that I use only for icky pick. It’s even worse in the winter when it’s rock hard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back