Kraton Kraton rear diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh nortz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Well my kraton started making a funny noise last weekend took it out yesterday and it got worse quick so today i pulled dif out everything looked fine found a broken tooth on motor pinion so i swapped to to 14 tooth, ive been running the nero tires( one of the stock kraton tires blew apart). So put all back together took out and noise still there, pulled front center and rear diffs pulled them all apart removed the pinions and it appears the rear ring gear and pinion gear are bad. I ordered 2 sets just incase the front is also bad. All internals were fine, i had just changed diff oil in front and rear 50k front 100k rear and i did center to 50k before ever running it. I have badlands so im gonna put them on. Should be perfect with the 14 tooth.... can i shim them or should i hust let them be... gonna refill diffs with same weight oil hopefully it hold up better with the smaller lighter tires.

That sucks to hear... Sucks real bad. I have some Tekno shims that I hope will fit to adjust the ring/pinion mesh. I guess I'll be extra diligent when I do it.

That sucks to hear... Sucks real bad. I have some Tekno shims that I hope will fit to adjust the ring/pinion mesh. I guess I'll be extra diligent when I do it.
I don't baby it and always run 6s... i was in the pit when it started and i hit a couple rocks pretty good that i didnt see... and like i said i don't baby it... got video of me bashing in my yard on youtube... check it out if ya want.... channel is josh nortz.

I don't baby it and always run 6s... i was in the pit when it started and i hit a couple rocks pretty good that i didnt see... and like i said i don't baby it... got video of me bashing in my yard on youtube... check it out if ya want.... channel is josh nortz.
I'll check it out! And that's good to hear. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back