Kraton Kraton rear drive shaft wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk3000

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
So just noticed this weird wobble on my kraton build. All parts are new. The wobble imo is coming from that input shaft cup. Any thoughts because seems like this is not optimal.

Last edited:
^^^+1
To add to above stated...
I would try balancing the 4 wheels with a TA wheel balancer and Hobby Clay. I always do this. For some years now. Best to balance all new wheels after a pack or 2 run-in. So the foams inside settle and even out first. Then balance them. Best way with Large MT tires/wheels.
But I have had HH warranty many sets of wheels over the years. They are often damaged or packaged poorly and distort. Are Non-Centric.
From Experience, I find the Out the box kits have the worst wheels. The retail packaged pairs of them are usually in better shape. Not always however. If you have a receipt, call Horizon Hobby. You are not alone. The wheels will be rarely pefect anyway. Balancing them is the most important factor. Just like with scale 1:1 cars.
BTW, I usually find myself adding CA ( BSI IC-2000 is best) to my new wheels. Before balancing them.
The gluing is usually poor out the package in many cases. Pull on the beads hard and you will see gaps.
I feel that severely unbalanced wheels cause so much vibration, that it wears out the hub bearings faster than necessary.
:cool:

Last edited:
Will get a few from m2c for next rebuild of this rig. Just not going backwards at this point. Thanks for the reply.
Just crazy how they sell these at such a steep price but have so many issues. I can see the front has a wobble as well just not as bad
My EXB is the same way and I also bought a few spare diffs from Jenny's RC and the same thing. Luckily I have a stockpile of the old diff cups that I can use.
Just make sure you use good blue threadlock on the new ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back