Kraton Kraton rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper 007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Well it's time for a full rebuild on my v3 kraton..i plan on running 6s full time..no more 4s for me..but i know that with big speed comes big damage so I'm trying to build her as strong as possible..i already have a savox servo with a gka mount..and some voltage hobbies towers but what other improvements can i make to help with durability..i run it basically at my park on grass with some huge jumps..( can't pass those up )

Nice, I'm a huge fanboy of the Kraton; these are NOT all necessary. However, here are a few things I have done that seem to help...
  • GKA servo mount ( I see you already have this )
  • GKA chassis braces
  • Tower to Tower brace
  • 1216 Robinson Racing Extra Hard Steel 16t Pinion
  • Yeah Racing Heat Sink Twin Tornado High Speed Fan
  • FastEddy Bearings
  • T-bone bumpers Front & Rear
  • Diff & Shock fluids to your liking
  • Dboot backflips
  • Rear mud guards
  • RPM wing mount
  • Typhon or Outcast wing ( I broke 2 stock wings quickly, once changed out, never broke another)
  • Guerrilla tape the underside of the shell, then hit it with a heat gun
I do also have RPM Arms all around, but never installed any, due to that I've never broken one.

Hope this helps a bit...

Last edited:
Thx..i have a Xmas list now that will make Santa scream..( my wife will for sure ) I have some things..HR front hubs..HR servo saver..voltage hobbies braces..im thinking of running HR aluminum diff cups and bulkheads..but is that overkill..i already have the RPM arms but my stock ones haven't broken..someone told me to soak them in WD40 before i install them to make them more flexible..thinking of pinning my wheels..is that necessary

Thx..i have a Xmas list now that will make Santa scream..( my wife will for sure ) I have some things..HR front hubs..HR servo saver..voltage hobbies braces..im thinking of running HR aluminum diff cups and bulkheads..but is that overkill..i already have the RPM arms but my stock ones haven't broken..someone told me to soak them in WD40 before i install them to make them more flexible..thinking of pinning my wheels..is that necessary
These are all good man! Just go with what you feel is important, and change them as you go.

I will always recommend hr diff cups for all 3x diffs and thicker silicone fluids. I run 60/200/30k in front/center/rear.

Ok..I'm 6 months into the hobby and I'm not only bitten..I'm chewed up and spit out..my kraton already has aftermarket servo, servo mount, shock towers, bearings, and shimmed sun gears but not the satellite gears..i have for it..chassis braces, rpm arms, aluminum steering hubs, gearboxes, diff cups, servo saver..and rpm shock rod ends..i also have backflip tires that i plan on pinning..i want to install all ss screws..and that's my problem..does anyone make a set of ss screws for the kraton or do i need to head to my local hardware with a list of screw sizes..

I used rcscrewz on my senton build for 3/4 of it. The others were diffierent due to wanting socket head in some spots, some in high stress locations, and others I wanted to strip and polish the stockers for other reasons.

One thing to remember is that ss is slightly more brittle; tensile strength is lower. Nothing to do with brand or manufacturer. I bought an easy out set during my senton build due to sheering off a few ss screw heads - I recommend this (y)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004YOBF/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_t8IkCb09J3936
ProdutoDestaque_5490_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back