Kraton Kraton Reverse Throttle Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciminoj

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello,

I just picked up a new 2018 Kraton. It’s my first hobby grade RC car. I actually bought it for my son though... I’ve installed two 7600 mah 2S batteries in it. Since it’s for my son, I want to limit the speed using the EPA settings. For forward throttle, I am able to limit the speed just fine. For reverse, I am only able to limit the speed a little bit. Maybe a 20 – 30% reduction. When I perform the adjustment for the reverse limit, I am able to adjust the speed significantly. However when I go to use the car, the car will not go into reverse. When this happens I do see the ESC red light turn on, so it is getting the signal, but besides that nothing else happens. No motor sound or anything. So I then have to re-adjust the limit setting to make it higher so that the car will still go into reverse. But doing this does not get me the slow reverse speed that I want. So the reverse speed of the car ends up being much faster than the forward speed.

Is the issue I am describing expected behavior?

Also, my other question is about trying to go into reverse after moving forward, I have to double-tap the reverse throttle to get it to move. I read another post that seems to suggest this is expected behavior though (i.e. you have to double-tap). Is that true?

Note that I went through all of the Throttle Setup steps, tried adjusting trim, etc.

I thought there might be something in the ESC programming for the reverse settings. Here is a string here on the ESC setup. Also going to look at if the Hobbywing program card will change that setting as well. I just got one, and that would be a nice feature. I have seen some people say that it does not have as many options on the Arrma ESC, but it still works for most settings.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/outcast-esc-punch-settings-programming-made-easy.3410/

Thanks for the info! I've tinkered with the various ESC settings but they don't help. I still can't get the reverse throttle to slow down enough to where I'd like. Anyone else have any ideas?

I noticed mine did the same thing when adjust the EPA on my radio to lessen the brakes. It's like it needs more trigger movement to tip the scale to go into reverse. I ended up adjust my brake using the ESC adjustment itself and put the radio back at 100%. I wasn't tyring to slow the reverse speed, but a side effect of lowering the EPA to lessen the brake would do the same thing.

I did that on my savage flux with a castle MMX/2200kv system in it for the same reason. The brakes were just too heavy and changing the settings on that esc requires a program card and to take the plug out of the receiver. However, on that esc, it worked fine to drop the EPA on the radio for an interim solution to the heavy brakes. It also dropped the reverse speed. I later adjusted the esc when I was back home.

Kind of stupid that one of the best known ESC companies can't figure out how to let you program the esc via the fan port so you don't have to take the receiver out of the truck, disconnect the esc. Which is a pain in most of my trucks as the wiring is all so close quarters and since I also use a balloon around the receiver as extra water protection. They do sell a module now that you can wire in, but that's even more crap in an already tight receiver box...

I have a Mamba Monster x which allows you to decrease epa on throttle and brake, It does not need to see full brake before reverse functions.Decreasing epa on brake on the blx will not allow reverse to function. I totally agree that you should be able to program through the fan port instead of purchasing a separate module. I really do like the Monster x speed control regardless.

I have a Mamba Monster x which allows you to decrease epa on throttle and brake, It does not need to see full brake before reverse functions.Decreasing epa on brake on the blx will not allow reverse to function. I totally agree that you should be able to program through the fan port instead of purchasing a separate module. I really do like the Monster x speed control regardless.
I only got the MMX because I bought my savage flux used. It came with the first motor/esc HPI used, which was based of the Mamba Monster and wasn't waterproof. Then I got the full MMX/2200kv system, figured I'd try out sensored. Should have saved a bit and just got the MMv2 unsensored.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back