Kraton Kraton RTR or EXB same price HH sale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linh811

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
They're both the same price right now during HH sale. I don't bash or jump, mostly run around large grass fields. Thanks

I think you may be confusing the 8S EXB roller and the 6S non-EXB RTR? Do you have links to the two trucks you're talking about?

I think you may be confusing the 8S EXB roller and the 6S non-EXB RTR? Do you have links to the two trucks you're talking about?
https://www.horizonhobby.com/rc-truck-month-sale/?srule=price-high-to-low&sz=24

2023-03-28_19h36_50.png

2023-03-28_19h37_27.png

They're both the same price right now during HH sale. I don't bash or jump, mostly run around large grass fields. Thanks
The diffs will fall part on the rtr. Unless you change the diff cups and pins for tool steel ones. Still the main gears is still pretty weak same for the internals

Well, the EXB has quite a few better parts. But it ends up being more expensive after you buy electronics.

I personally went EXB and put in high-end electronics. I’m happy with it. But only you can answer whether the extra cost is worth it to you.
The diffs will fall part on the rtr. Unless you change the diff cups and pins for tool steel ones. Still the main gears is still pretty weak same for the internals
Eh. I run some big motors on stock RTR diffs in other rigs and they hold up great. Yes EXB diffs are better, but I wouldn’t say RTR diffs “will fall apart”.

I've been putting my Kraton RTR to some big bashes and the diffs have held up without any issues.
I had experience with one. Proprely shimmed everything. Disaster begining to end the internals didnt fail but ut skipped a tooth once. And the cups didnt want to come out from the holes they once went trough

If you're asking the question, I'd say go with the rtr. You can upgrade if/when needed.
My bro has the v5 rtr, I have the exb. We mainly rip around a track, racing each other basically. Lots of door banging and collisions with each other as well as the occasional tree strikes..
I've been impressed by how tough the rtr is for our use. Honestly, the Spectrum stuff performs pretty well for an rtr I think.
I'll say this, I'd take an rtr kraton over a TRX sludge for the money..anyday!!
I've been putting my Kraton RTR to some big bashes and the diffs have held up without any issues.
I think the rtr diffs are fine for stock power. Mine are EXB'S but, my bro has like 4 rtr 6s Arrma's..no issues thus far.

Last edited:
If you like being hands on & picking out your own electronics then go EXB. Also as others have mentioned going this route will be a bit more expensive. I purchased a V5 RTR roller from Ebay and I have a beyond powerful enough Castle system in there. I've sent that thing to the moon and nothing has failed or broke on it yet *Knocks on wood*. It's been more reliable than my Fireteam, that's for freakin sure :cautious:

If you like being hands on & picking out your own electronics then go EXB. Also as others have mentioned going this route will be a bit more expensive. I purchased a V5 RTR roller from Ebay and I have a beyond powerful enough Castle system in there. I've sent that thing to the moon and nothing has failed or broke on it yet *Knocks on wood*. It's been more reliable than my Fireteam, that's for freakin sure :cautious:
TBH if I didn't get the k6exb for $330 when Arrma had the fire sale, I would choose an rtr. I didn't know it then, but the rtr is plenty durable for my use.
I just converted my mojo exb into a FT/Kraton XL.. I haven't run it enough to know whether I like it or not yet.. I've dubbed it the Arrma Wolverine.😎😉

This all sounds like the luck of the QA/QC draw.

I have a feeling much of this entire forums user experience is related to this...
Agreed..along with how they are actually used/abused, and user expectations.. for the money, a v5 rtr kraton is a whopper of a deal in this day and age, I feel.👍

the EXB is pretty reasonably priced if you get the electronics from Jennys...

Option 1
EXB - $469
RTR ESC - $86
RTR Motor - $39
RTR Servo - $17
RTR Radio/Receiver - $29

Total - 640 only about $100 more than the RTR

Option 2
EXB - $469
Castle mmx8s 1717 1650kv combo - $391
AGFRC 55KG servo - $130
NB4 and receiver - $200

Total $1190, which is over 2x the RTR price.

Is it 2x as fun? No. Is it worth it? I guess that depends, but when you could get a Mojave or Infraction RTR for the difference my guess is no. Do i outfit all my cars like Option 2 anyway? Yes. Why am i asking and answering my own questions? I took a lot of Sudafed today, im basically on crack at this point.

the EXB is pretty reasonably priced if you get the electronics from Jennys...

Option 1
EXB - $469
RTR ESC - $86
RTR Motor - $39
RTR Servo - $17
RTR Radio/Receiver - $29

Total - 640 only about $100 more than the RTR

Option 2
EXB - $469
Castle mmx8s 1717 1650kv combo - $391
AGFRC 55KG servo - $130
NB4 and receiver - $200

Total $1190, which is over 2x the RTR price.

Is it 2x as fun? No. Is it worth it? I guess that depends, but when you could get a Mojave or Infraction RTR for the difference my guess is no. Do i outfit all my cars like Option 2 anyway? Yes. Why am i asking and answering my own questions? I took a lot of Sudafed today, im basically on crack at this point.
I'd love to have option 2!! My backwards thinking mind would have me wishing I had gone option 1 so I could have that second rig though, no doubt !!😉🤣🤣🍻

I'd love to have option 2!! My backwards thinking mind would have me wishing I had gone option 1 so I could have that second rig though, no doubt !!😉🤣🤣🍻
Except currently the EXB and 6S RTR are the same price. Plus you get a warranty with the electronics which is certainly worth something 😉.

Except currently the EXB and 6S RTR are the same price. Plus you get a warranty with the electronics which is certainly worth something 😉.
Also, option 2 above comes in at double the rtr kraton price. I know some do run that hard and therefore worth it to them. My point was, an rtr kraton PLUS an rtr mojo for the price? I'd rather have 2 rigs for the price of one. Just me😉

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back