Kraton Kraton runtime bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daredevils

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have a stock kraton with 14 pinion gear, running 6s lipo 4000mah, i can play for 10 minutes, then it it goes into slow speed mode, then i have to turn it off then back on in order to have full power again for 1 minute runtime.

Both batteries after 10 minutes of runtime are at 11.9v about 3.9v per cell

any idea what could be the problem? any help is appreciated...thanks

Have you checked your temps?

Maybe it's thermal protection and not low voltage protection kicking in on the ESC. There are many reasons you would be having temperature related issues... running WOT for extended periods, binding somewhere in the drivetrain, bad fan on the ESC, etc

I think you might be right, should I install a fan on the motor?

Have you checked your temps?

Maybe it's thermal protection and not low voltage protection kicking in on the ESC. There are many reasons you would be having temperature related issues... running WOT for extended periods, binding somewhere in the drivetrain, bad fan on the ESC, etc

With the symptoms you describe it mostly sounds like the ESC is overheating... that's not to say the motor isn't hot as well... but I think you need to check your temps first... then you will have a better idea of what to do.

If you don't have a temp gun it's highly recommended that you get one. It will probably cost you similar to the fan you proposed and will likely pay dividends beyond this one issue.

Don't forget to check the drivetrain... is your gear mesh correct? are the transmission and diffs moving smoothly? are all bearings intact? Are your hubs in good shape and not flexing/binding? are your wheels in good shape and not filled with water? etc, etc...

I noticed the grub screws on the front drive cup is loose. Front dog bone would spin without the drive cup. Could that have caused the overheating?

With the symptoms you describe it mostly sounds like the ESC is overheating... that's not to say the motor isn't hot as well... but I think you need to check your temps first... then you will have a better idea of what to do.

If you don't have a temp gun it's highly recommended that you get one. It will probably cost you similar to the fan you proposed and will likely pay dividends beyond this one issue.

Don't forget to check the drivetrain... is your gear mesh correct? are the transmission and diffs moving smoothly? are all bearings intact? Are your hubs in good shape and not flexing/binding? are your wheels in good shape and not filled with water? etc, etc...

blue light is blinking, i shut down the power then turn it back on and it works fine ...i don't get it

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back