Kraton s4 broken chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adreno j

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi there people I'm very pleased there's a arrma forum. My question is has anyone broke there kraton s4 chassis at the diff housing? Does anyone know if any company supplies after market chassis for these. I just love the kraton s4 it has insane power and handles so beautiful. I am also wondering if the tower to tower brace should have the space that's posted in my picture. It is screwed tight but has moving play just wondering if I damaged it in my crash.

Attachments

• IMG_20200131_182758.jpg
    IMG_20200131_182758.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20200203_145452.jpg
    IMG_20200203_145452.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 96
Since they’re a plastic chassis it’s not uncommon for them to break there. Unfortunately I don’t think anyone’s making an aftermarket for that, yet. Doubt they ever will but you can get a stock one to replace that for cheap at jennysrc.com

Darn hopefully someone makes an after market chassis for these rcs in time. Jenny's is out of stock at the moment ?
Thank you for your reply

It takes quite a bad landing to break the chassis. I know I’ve done it a few times. But here in the US it’s a $9 part. Someone here was able to swap theirs in 20 mins, so it’s not a hard job either. ??

Upper chassis brace is setup incorrectly unfortunately, and it may or may not have been a factor in the chassis breakage.. depends on the hit it took..

The knurled thumb nut is to be preloaded against the rubber bumper, you thread the nut forward into the bumper until it just starts to push the towers apart...watch it carefully as you preload the thumb nut because alot of tower movement can happen in even a half turn because of the thread pitch...

As soon as the towers start to spread back it off to just before they started to move.. this is how I preload my upper brace and havnt had a single chassis issue.. and I do send these things quite often..

With the thumb nut the way you have it your allowing a mass amount of movement in your chassis before the brace even considers working... this can result in chassis snapping and brace rod end breakage..

Awesome thank you for the tuning tips. The nut wasn't threaded like that when it was supporting the shock towers I just threaded it like that after chassis broke to display the spacing wondering if it was damaged in the crash.

Awesome thank you for the tuning tips. The nut wasn't threaded like that when it was supporting the shock towers I just threaded it like that after chassis broke to display the spacing wondering if it was damaged in the crash.

Gotcha

No it's not damaged.. with the chassis already broken the gap is irrelevant, because it will never show you where it was to begin with, being in 2 pieces and all...

Setup the brace for preload and you should have better luck with the chassis as long as it's not a crazy hit...

Hi there people I'm very pleased there's a arrma forum. My question is has anyone broke there kraton s4 chassis at the diff housing? Does anyone know if any company supplies after market chassis for these. I just love the kraton s4 it has insane power and handles so beautiful. I am also wondering if the tower to tower brace should have the space that's posted in my picture. It is screwed tight but has moving play just wondering if I damaged it in my crash.
I just did the same think today. I need to know too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back