Kraton S8 Moving Forward By Itself....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriedOne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
Hi Guys,
Took my Kraton 8S V2 out on the weekend. First time it does this...the truck will move forward at a slow pace without me touch the transmitter. I'm using the Spektrum DX3. I let it roll up against a tree and it had some torque behind it as it was trying to climb up against the tree. Did not change any settings on transmitter. Only thing I did the previous weekend was get it pretty wet ripping through a little river. When I got home, hosed down, compressed air blow off and then some WD 40. Was good as new again.
Any ideas why its doing this.
Thanks.

Sounds like the throttle trim knob on the transmitter got bumped. Turn it back slowly until just before it starts to go in reverse.

Thanks for the response guys. I'll give the trim knob a look. As for the WD40 it was doing such a good job for after my drying the water from the truck. Any suggestions for using a replacement..
Cheers.

Hi Guys,
Took my Kraton 8S V2 out on the weekend. First time it does this...the truck will move forward at a slow pace without me touch the transmitter. I'm using the Spektrum DX3. I let it roll up against a tree and it had some torque behind it as it was trying to climb up against the tree. Did not change any settings on transmitter. Only thing I did the previous weekend was get it pretty wet ripping through a little river. When I got home, hosed down, compressed air blow off and then some WD 40. Was good as new again.
Any ideas why its doing this.
Thanks.

Just curious, how did the ESC arm (turn on) if the throttle trim was past 0 on the radio? Were you able to plug in 2 batteries, turn the truck on and it started rolling forward?

Is there a calibration option on the DX3? I have a DX5, you can calibrate the steering and throttle so it correctly knows full throttle/brake/neutral, and full steering left/right/neutral. It's possible it thinks neutral is a little bit of throttle. Re-calibrate and see if it helps.

Keep using the WD40 just avoid moving parts, such as bearing, differential or greased parts. WD40 also offers other product than the regular one, like WD40 Lubricant and so on.
On the other hands, you can use the VULCANET (https://vulcanet.pro/moto-en/) , they do magic for cleaning and shining. I personally use that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back