Kraton Kraton servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrayzrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
Atm my kraton has the sterring radius of a full size car lol. What is something I can do to tighten up the servo saver or one I should buy?

If you are absolutley sure its the SS saver Spring that is too weak, you can shim the SS spring like many do. Most use Circlips. 2 or 3 depending. There are threads here in regards.
What @swarls shows. (y) (y) (y)
There is also an "X-Hard" Chrome optional SS spring available FWIW.
Sometimes hard to remove the Old SS spring however. Arrma tends to use Red Threadlocker on the Aluminum threads.
Shimming is the most popular Fix. I beleive there is still an Older Legacy "Adjustable SS available from Arrma. Arrma did away with it like 4 years ago on all the ^s line rigs. I wish they didn't however. I have them on my Older 6s rigs and they are still better over the "Fixed spring tension" Design, IMHO.
HR and others also make an "adjustable" tension upgrade SS.
I would stay with using stock alternative fixes. How I fly.

Last edited:
Atm my kraton has the sterring radius of a full size car lol. What is something I can do to tighten up the servo saver or one I should buy?
Full-size car?
Stock has a turning radius more like a semi
C clips would be my recommendation, 3-4

+1.
(y)
What I said earlier. Many new to these late model 6s Arrmas, never seen this part. But was the original SS setup. Some said they loosened up a bit, so Arrma made the Fixed tension one, like you have there.. But I used Blue TL on this old style ones and they hold spring tension just fine. I like my SS's on the firm side. Better quicker ST response along with a nice upgrade servo. Stocker Servos just suck and are weak IMHO.

^^^Many go this route also.

@Bigrayzrc, I highly recommend you absolutely change out the 4 Brass Oilite bushings for rubber sealed BB's on the ST Bell crank while you are already in there adjusting the SS spring or swaping it out. Saves you much time than having to disassemble all again for the BB's later in. Your servo will thank you. An Important Steering upgrade. Only the TLRT Typhon comes with BB's installed.
All other 6s line rigs just have Brass ST bushings. Need to swap them out for BB's. They are cheap enough.
6x10x3's if I am correct. Cheaper to buy a complete new set of BB's from TRBRC, Like $18.00 for 22 BB's in all. The 4 ST BB's will be included. And you will have spare BB;s for the rest of your rig. You will need them on hand. As they wear out, and they will for sure.
Some ideas. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back